Thread: New warrior

Deleted

New warrior

Hi there, I made a thread around maybe a month or so ago asking for advice on confidence was a prot warrior who is new to tanking, now looking for more advice on how to get better.

http ://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/tarren-mill/Raiiz/advanced

(Can't post links so my apologies for the inconvenience)

I asked a couple of high geared tanks on my current server and both said my HP was kinda low for flexi atm. Hence i decided to try and get as much stam as possible. and the 2 stamina trinkets.

Decided to go mastery over avoidance because I wasn't sure if it was worth it in my current ilvl to go for avoidance because I honestly didn't think I would be able to reach a respectable percentage of parry.

AskMrRobot says to stay close to Hit/Expertise caps but isn't necessary to actually get caps ?

Just brought the Valor ring and got a shield upgrade from my 476 previous shield which was a nice upgrade Also the reasoning why i'm kinda slacking some good pieces I have.

My Main questions would be,

1. Which Boss's are you guys mainly using your coins on atm ?
    2. AM I geared enough for Flexi, and is there a magic HP number I should aim for? Most grps are asking for 530+ilvl so that is my next target I'm aiming for.
    3. I was told LW is an amazing Tanking proff because of the cheap leg enchants and and the wrist enchant. Would Blacksmithing be a better 2nd proff or would it be okay to stay as mining ?

My apologies if this was difficult to rad, English is my 2nd language. So still learning

10+ Year Old Account
    1. Make that decision for yourself. Look at what your biggest upgrades and coin accordingly. (Hint: You need trinkets).
    2. You have enough gear. If you are dieing it is probably your fault (unless you have terrible healers).
    3. Production Professions are superior to Gathering Productions 95 percent of the time. Why don't you copy Sco's professions?
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...her/Sco/simple
    Last edited by Roseby; 2013-11-16 at 09:26 AM.
    Roseby - Fury/Arms Warrior
    Jobei - Elemental Shaman

Requiel's #1 Fan.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Luckily for us, the first boss Immerseus drops four very neat Items for us. I would definitely use one coin on him. After that, you need to look which slots needs an upgrade. Trinkets in your case, as Roseby said.
    2. AM I geared enough for Flexi, and is there a magic HP number I should aim for? Most grps are asking for 530+ilvl so that is my next target I'm aiming for.
    There is no magical HP limit. In fact, I would not go for Stamina at all, exept perhaps the trinkets. In reality, it all comes down to your feeling. Since Stamina can´t be capped, it all depends how your healers can handle your damage. Usually Flex gear provides enough stamina to run a full avoidance gemming.
    3. I was told LW is an amazing Tanking proff because of the cheap leg enchants and and the wrist enchant. Would Blacksmithing be a better 2nd proff or would it be okay to stay as mining ?
    I heard Blacksmithing + Jewelcrafting provides the best results for us tanks. Personally, I run with Blacksmithing and Mining, and I am currently 8/14 heroic, so that really does not matter that much, believe me.

Regarding everything else, it is better to be slightly under the caps then to be overcapped. Just do the math: If you are at 6,5% hit 1 in 100 attacks will miss the boss. if you are at 7,0%, 1 in 200 attacks will miss the boss. Statistically, of course. In other words: It is more likely for Huolon to drop his Mount then for you to miss the boss if you are slightly under the caps.
    Also, I would drop that Stamina idea. Trinkets are fine if you feel like you drop too fast but aside from that I wouldn´t gem it.
    Talents and Glyphs look solid, thou I personally prefer Enraged Regeneration over Impending Victory. But that´s up to you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesMcStyles View Post
    I don't care that other people don't play the content that I enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by arzee View Post
    Hi there, I made a thread around maybe a month or so ago asking for advice on confidence was a prot warrior who is new to tanking, now looking for more advice on how to get better.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Raiiz/advanced

(Can't post links so my apologies for the inconvenience)

I asked a couple of high geared tanks on my current server and both said my HP was kinda low for flexi atm. Hence i decided to try and get as much stam as possible. and the 2 stamina trinkets.

Decided to go mastery over avoidance because I wasn't sure if it was worth it in my current ilvl to go for avoidance because I honestly didn't think I would be able to reach a respectable percentage of parry.

AskMrRobot says to stay close to Hit/Expertise caps but isn't necessary to actually get caps ?

Just brought the Valor ring and got a shield upgrade from my 476 previous shield which was a nice upgrade Also the reasoning why i'm kinda slacking some good pieces I have.

My Main questions would be,

My apologies if this was difficult to rad, English is my 2nd language. So still learning
    OK a few things. Asking well geared tanks what you need to do isn't very productive. They aren't going to thoroughly inspect your gear. They'll look at your HP and see that it isn't the same as theirs and say you have low HP. I would say that if you're not confident in being able to survive in Flex stick with a mastery build. Another thing about flex, get on openraid and find a regularly running group. They'll have less qualms about your gear than a pug. As for hit and expertise, Valech hit it right on the head. As long you're close you'll be fine.
    Now on to your questions
    1: That's totally up to you. If you really really want to know the best way Askmrrobot has a coin-roll optimizer. Not sure how it works.
    2: More than geared. No magical HP number. You can go in with less the 530. They only ask for that to make the runs faster. Just be sure you know how to handle everything with a prot warrior. Looking at your gear I would recommend continuing to run ToT lfr and maybe trying to find groups for regular ToT. There's a lot of pieces that would be very beneficial, not to mention the valor gear attached to Shado-pan assault rep.
    3: Unless you're competing for world first or in a Hardcore progression guild, your professions don't matter as much. Yes crafting is better than gathering, but just make sure you have them maxed to gt the full benefit.

There are benefits to doing an avoidance build. More damage less overall damage taken, but you have to know how to mitigate spikes and you have to be able to react ASAP to anything that could kill you. It takes some getting used to moving from a a mastery build. My armory is on my sig if you want to see what an avoidance build looks like.

Also, may I ask how far along in the legendary quest line you are? It seems that SoO is balanced around at least have the meta, so getting at least that far is important.

[Rothulivic] [Twitch] [Twitter] Signature by Serryn

Deleted
    Only at the 2nd part after collecting the sigils of power/wisdom. Need to does Terrace, but I have to do HoF to unlock Terrace LFR, And nobody seems to be queuing for HoF :<