Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

hunter has ilvl 535, but only does 125k dps plz help.

My friend needs help http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...marcher/simple is there anyway to make it better?

keybinding is out of the question he can only click. But maybe some kind of macro to help with clicking?

is there anything else he can do to get better besides keybinding/typing?

Deleted
    Reforge correctly, gem better, enchant better, but that'll only get him slightly better dps.

When people have really bad dps, it's usually two things hindering them.

1. Better CD management. Use CDs better, learn when to use which CDs and learn which CDs that he can use differently.

2. Always do something. No downtime at all is allowed if you want to maximize dps. Some classes have downtimes in their rotations, but not hunters due to Cobra Shot. Even if he's insecure in his rotation, it's often better to push the wrong button than no button at all. If you wait 0.2 sec after each attack to make a new one, you lose a _LOT_ of dps and many inexperienced players does not seem to think it's such a big deal.
    You can "queue cast" spells before the GCD is even over. If you press a new spell within 0.3 sec (I think that's default) of the GCD being over, it'll queue up and be cast when the GCD finishes. Learn how to queue cast properly and you won't have to "spam" attacks to dps optimally.

Clicking is always bad, because you can't always move the cursor fast enough to click the spell.

Does he only have one hand? If not, then tell him to force himself to use keybindings and use the keyboard to dps. He will have worse dps to begin with, but it'll be a great improvement long term.

I didn't use keybinds first, 8 years ago and I didn't like it at all. After a while, I realised how badly I was playing due to my clicking, so I forced myself to use keybinds only instead of clicking. I played way worse at start, but after a week or two I was already performing better than I was before.
    Last edited by mmoce8f8bee469; 2013-11-16 at 10:15 AM.

It's hard to measure the damage without knowing the context of it, but his equipment can cause a significant jump in damage output. Some people only see the level number and forget that legendary items give a higher jump in output than the growth in level.

The weapon will also have a larger impact on damage for it's level than armor does, additionaly he's ignored many socket bonuses, and is lacking a lot of enchants, from what i can tell he's also able to draw extra stats out by reforging his overcapped expertise.

He's also able to get some from leveling professions that can benefit his role.

Try measuring his damage during the Iron Juggernaut fight, should be the most plain fight in terms of dps.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Megamisama View Post
    Clicking is always bad, because you can't always move the cursor fast enough to click the spell.

Does he only have one hand? If not, then tell him to force himself to use keybindings and use the keyboard to dps. He will have worse dps to begin with, but it'll be a great improvement long term.
    This. This this this. Keybinds are just so much better than clicking in every single way. You can't even use mouse to MOVE, which every single person should do, when clicking. Also, tell him to use sites like Ask Mister Robot for reforges and enchants, and make sure he is following some priority list from Elitist Jerks or Icy Veins, if he wants to try to max his DPS.

erm, get 3 glyphs for starters

Deleted
    i think i am sitting in the same boat like the hunter above
    cant post any links yet but it`s soriana on nazjatar eu-server
    i know i am missing a meta, i have bad luck with the timeless-item-rolls(tons of hit) and i am behind with the legendary(no meta no cloak)
    fem dwarf: says i can do 115k i did 110 on a dummy
    so i went to flex 2 did iron jug with around 125k and another hunter with 525 did about 140k
    i am pushing and only clicking a few buttons like traps
    the question is am i doing something wrong or is it atm a matter of gear that i feel like i am doing not well

i apologize english is not my mothertongue

http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/gear/u...dan/doomarcher
    (Click on optimize)

That would be a good place to start. He is missing several enchants and needs to swap out gems instead of gemming straight agility.
    Last edited by Anias; 2013-11-16 at 02:18 PM.

Deleted
    For one, he isn't enchanted or gemmed correctly. But that doesn't even matter. If he is refusing to keybind there's nothing I can say which will make his dps competitive. If he can't keybind due to disabilities, then follow a rotation from icy veins to get him started, and gem and enchant his gear properly. He should be gemming his current yellow sockets with agi crit gems, and the blue sockets with agi hit gems as he can use the hit. For example on his belt, by not taking the socket bonus he is actually getting less agility than he could.
    Last edited by mmoce7fe1d879b; 2013-11-16 at 02:48 PM.

1. Properly gem/enchant/reforge
    2. Post some logs to show his spell usage, probably bad CD management, DoT uptime, slow on using signatures. Can't really tell without logs.
    3. Keybinds, Keybinds, Keybinds. The only reason a person should be clicking is that he is an amputee or has a physically deformed hand.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hordeslayer View Post
    My friend needs help http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...marcher/simple is there anyway to make it better?

keybinding is out of the question he can only click. But maybe some kind of macro to help with clicking?

Having looked at your previous posts (and the transmog post you made after starting this thread) I'm calling it that the character that you've linked is one of yours. You post a lot trying to give out Hunter advice yet now start this thread? Makes no sense. If you're struggling with your own DPS then just say. But we need more information. Are you playing 10m or 25m? Do you have logs? What is your raid composition? Why can't you play keybinds? What flasks/food do you use?

Other than this, obviously the character needs better reforging, full enchants and a better set of glyphs. Professions will always boost your DPS, of which you have none. Without logs it's difficult to criticise cooldown management and rotations.

I don't really get it, why can't he use keybinds 0_0 Fixing all the other stuff might help a bit, but spamming your abilities nonstop and getting in as many abilities per second as you can is really what will boost your dps. Clicking will cause delays alot with the movement and whatnot in boss fights. If the issue is having trouble moving while pressing the keybinds get a razor naga, problem solved

Funny.. "You can't click and do competitive dps" I still click from time to time and I do 260-270k dps on my hunter..

Quote Originally Posted by Kylecat15 View Post
    Funny.. "You can't click and do competitive dps" I still click from time to time and I do 260-270k dps on my hunter..
    I could click and DPS competitively on a stand and burn fight like normal Thok. On a movement fight... forget it.

I say bullshit to clicking being bad, at least in PVE. You can use an addon like bartender to get all your bars close together so mouse cursor movement is minimal. Also a few macros and you can do very good dps. I'm not saying you will be pulling top logs but anyone should be able to do fine by clicking.
    Last edited by Shockymonkey; 2013-11-16 at 10:26 PM.

Clicking versus binding is the same argument as Controller versus Keyboard and Mouse. We all have opinions on which is better.

Provide logs or we really can't help.

10+ Year Old Account
    His biggest problem is clicking, especially as a hunter where movement is the biggest advantage they have. Other than that: gems are off, missing most enchants, his weapon is bad, timeless gear isn't very good despite ilvl, reforging is wrong (he seems to be thinking haste is his best stat).

If he needs a hunter to copy because he is making all of these choices at random, then he should look at someone like this:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...riate/advanced

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hordeslayer View Post

lolwut, hes gonna have to learn some basic keybinds if he wants to make the best of his dps theres really no sugarcoating it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kylecat15 View Post
    Your sig says you have a 556 ilvl....260-270k is not competitive for that ilvl. I do 200-210k in the same ilvl as the OP.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Your sig says you have a 556 ilvl....260-270k is not competitive for that ilvl. I do 200-210k in the same ilvl as the OP.
    So what is competitive for someone in 556 if i may ask?

We're talking about competitive dps, not top notch min-maxed dps you see from Pottm or Dyveriate.

There is so much wrong from his reforging, gems, complete lack of enchants, and gear. 535 gear level means nothing when he has a raid finder ToT weapon, it will drop his damage dramatically. On top of that he is using piss poor trinkets for beast, haromm is horrible and so is sigil. He doesn't have legendary meta or cloak, so that factors too. Overall he needs to look up just about everything about the hunter class.