Deleted

Paladin Challenge Modes

Hi guys,i would like to ask some more experienced paladins,

what is better spot for challenge modes gold run? Holy as healer or retribution as dps in challenge?

I already have 9/9 gold on my druid and now i want to make challenge set for my pally

Thank you for advice

Paladin Tanks are a great source of DPS, Utility & Survival in Challenge Modes. I did my runs with a Paladin Tank, and it made some of the fights just so much easier to heal and deal with.

That said, if you're either going Holy or Retribution, I'd choose Holy. They bring a lot of the similar strengths a Paladin Tank will bring.

Deleted
    We will have paladin tank so im choosing between these 2

In general in CM if you are pushing fast times melee (unless you are tanking) are seen as "unacceptable" for several reasons, a lot of mechanics just fucking wreck anyone in melee range and kills uptime. In general the only real acceptable melee I've seen is a rogue, just because they have several tools that can help survival and have a bit more group utility.

That said simply 9/9 gold can really be done as any class or spec so pick the one you want to play. Healing and DPS both have pretty unique challenges so it's not really a decision of "comparing" the specs, more just what you and your group need.

Deleted
    Don't be melee, if you can heal it's cool, but generally druid/disc priest will be the best healers in CMs for a smooth run, but ofc, as with everything else in the PVE endgame, everything works, just in different ways (but melee in CMs still sucks balls )

Deleted
    I would also suggest playing Holy, but as voidspark said for a normal gold run it's not necessary to keep such an eye on the setup, as long as you don't pick 3 melees

But I see the WW as a better melee spot as the rogue, for it's overwhelming CC and better AoE than the rogue. Not to talk about survivability for himself and Zen Meditation does nearly the same job as Smoke Bomb.

Edit: + for the rogue, because he saves money, as you won't need invis pots
    Last edited by mmoc852cc30d8a; 2013-11-16 at 04:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lamindra View Post
    But I see the WW as a better melee spot as the rogue, for it's overwhelming CC and better AoE than the rogue. Not to talk about survivability for himself and Zen Meditation does nearly the same job as Smoke Bomb.
    Rogue easily is far, far better than WW. Much more suvivability ironically and also Smoke Bomb is miles better than Zen Med.

Saves more than money.

Deleted
    The rogue would need it's double vanish and evasion only if the tank would fail and as far as I know vanish operates as a damage CD nowadays. Then we have cloak vs. touch of karma (point goes to cloak), feint vs. diffuse magic (point goes to diffuse, as you don't need the magic reduce that often), throughput would be a point for the WW (from my experience), then we have fists and ring of peace (maybe stun, but the DR would cause some problems) for AoE support, where the rogue only has single target CC. Oh and you're right about the smoke bomb, but I think zen med also has it's usage, in a similar way to the smoke bomb.

And I think we shouldn't complain about it in this thread. Sorry for discussing about things without interest for your question, illillii.

It's a bit skewed. Feint is probably better than all of the WW personal CD's... combined. Then smoke bomb is better than zen med. Typically as far as I know ring of peace is "not acceptable" as WW, you want to use Leg Sweep. That said most groups should have the stuns/CC's anyway.

Not only the personal stealth, but the group stealth also serves as a raid DPS cooldown in many instances which can be useful, far more than anything WW could offer. In some cases it can be an extremely large raid DPS cooldown.

---

Anyway TL/DR has everybody has pretty much mentioned when it comes to OP, play what you want since any class and spec can easily get 9/9 gold.
    Last edited by nightfalls; 2013-11-16 at 06:25 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would also suggest playing Holy, but as voidspark said for a normal gold run it's not necessary to keep such an eye on the setup, as long as you don't pick 3 melees

If by nearly the same job, you mean "not comparable at all". There is a reason why zen med has been pretty much used 90% of the time as a personal cooldown over a raid cooldown. Smoke Bomb> Zen Med

I would run holy for sure. Challenge modes as melee just isn't fun for me. I prefer to tank/range DPS them, then heal, then melee.