Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Yearly expansions?

Just found this article on Digitalspy and yeah, title says it all really!

Discuss!

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/gaming/n...xpansions.html

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't want yearly expansions. I like coming into an expansion - getting to explore the new game properly, experience at least 4 patches with content that has to do with the expansion, and then move on. I want some time so that we can get high rating & PuG our way up in patches as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    They wanted that for years now.
    Allthough i still wonder how they want to do it, like blizzcon is always End of the year so they can't announce it there because then we're a year away already before we heard about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

i'd be all for that
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    I just hope it doesn't turn into CoD 2.0 with nothing else exciting and just milking the fuck out of the game.

I would like this. With the current cycle we have nearly a year sitting on the last patch of the expansion with basically nothing to do.

Deleted
    Do you guys have any ideas for when the new expansion will release?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarnius View Post
    I don't want yearly expansions. I like coming into an expansion - getting to explore the new game properly, experience at least 4 patches with content that has to do with the expansion, and then move on. I want some time so that we can get high rating & PuG our way up in patches as well.
    You would have the exact same amount of time to explore the content, you just wouldn't then have to wait almost a year after you've finished exploring it. 5.0 to 5.4 was about a year for example but we're looking at at least an 8 month wait. If they give us patches (not necessarily raid patches) every couple months, yearly expansions could actually have a lot more content than what we currently have.

Quote Originally Posted by alex5412 View Post
    Do you guys have any ideas for when the new expansion will release?
    Tom Chilton said they are hoping to get it out before Spring/Summer but this is Blizzard. xD

They might surprise us though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Leonheart327 View Post
    Tom Chilton said they are hoping to get it out before Spring/Summer but this is Blizzard. xD

They might surprise us though.
    Ahh alright, thanks a lot!

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizz has been talking for years about getting to an 18 month cycle. They've consistently missed it, but every time they're asked they still say that's their goal. I'd love for once that they hit it. That would mean WoD in March.
    If a fat kid falls in the forrest and no one is around do the trees laugh?
    You're an insignificant speck of a person sitting on an insignificant speck of a world orbiting an insignificant speck of a star in an insignificant speck of a galaxy. Literally, no one cares what you think.

They've wanted yearly expansions since vanilla. We'll be lucky to get year 1/2 expansions.

And I want a toilet made out of gold.

Unless they dramatically increase their dev team more than they already are doing I don't see it ever happening.

Also if they do I feel they'd have to drop down to 2 tiers as opposed to 3.

Especially as most guilds struggle to raid during summer and over christmas, 3-4 months per tier seems awfully short, especially for casualish guilds.

What would we be paying $15 a month for on top of $40 extra every year for expansions?

10+ Year Old Account
    When content patches are now called "expansions" they could deliver one per year pretty easy. I think greed is getting the best of them. I'm just glad we had time to savor the good expansions like Bc, and wrath. These half expansions they've been doing just dont hit the spot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    They've wanted yearly expansions since vanilla. We'll be lucky to get year 1/2 expansions.
    You forget the development team has grown in size and titan is on the shelf for now.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people - Martin Luther King, Jr.

Makes sense from a business model. Subs are down so they're trying to increase revenue off box sales.

Personally, I don't care as long as the quality of content stays consistent.

Quote Originally Posted by Seefer View Post
    You forget the development team has grown in size and titan is on the shelf for now.
    I think I missed something When did they announce that?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seefer View Post
    +1 at this, With current team they could release 1 expansion every year if the team holds though. Have to remember MOP didn't have the size of team it does now since Titan is on the shelf. And it is true Expansions would increase playerbase (subs) not content patches like ghostcrawler said.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Pearl View Post
    I think I missed something When did they announce that?
    Well Titan is on the shelf that was announced a few months back and the bigger dev team has been stated here and at Blizzcon.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people - Martin Luther King, Jr.