Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Castozor View Post
    I'm not sure how you can confuse a clearly long ranged attack with a melee attack.
    Yes, because I'm the one who's confused. In actuality, you're the one who doesn't realize, that while you're in an ascendant form, your entire body is elemental. You think elementals can't have 30-foot-long arms? Just imagine the layups, bro.

Yes I know it's tied to SS but that doesn't mean that it's designation should stay the same as SS when it comes to being a melee attack or spell. Ascendance for Enhancement is all about temporarily changing our designation as a mostly melee spec to a mostly ranged spec.
    Again, really really long lightning arms.

I fail to see why SB can't be classified as a spell since being both vulnarable against anti-magic defenses and anti-melee defenses during your (ranged) burst is silly and unfair in my opinion.
    But yet, for the enhancement shaman, having many, if not most ascendance periods being effectively nullified, by being chain kited, stun-locked, rooted, etc., the very instant you pop ascendance, all with no means of escape, other than a trinket, is "fair?" War is hell, my man.

And yes Starsinn, I too like to wait for defenses to be popped and expire before using Ascendance but that still doesn't remove the possibility of having a large part of your burst being arbitrarily negated by a lucky dodge.
    So what you want is an undodgeable, uninterruptible, unparryable, instant, targeted, high-damage ranged attack, which bypasses 100% of armor, AND-OH-MY-GOSH-YES-I-ALMOST-FORGOT is boosted by our mastery. In other words, you're miffed that you don't have the "I win" button. Sorry. You cannot haz cheezebutton.

10+ Year Old Account
    remove the sudden burst of damage which can catch people before they have time to pop their defences. Because I'll gladly trade random instagibs every now and again for more reliable burst all the time.
    O.o

No way! Thats what i love about this spec. Taking someone from 100-0 in 3 globals in a duel and them being like "Ummmm, WTF was that?" Or no respnse at all because they are looking through their combat log to see wtf just happened. I love it!
    Being constructive feels good. You should try it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Embermoon View Post
    1: Yes, because I'm the one who's confused. In actuality, you're the one who doesn't realize, that while you're in an ascendant form, your entire body is elemental. You think elementals can't have 30-foot-long arms? Just imagine the layups, bro.
    2: Again, really really long lightning arms.
    3: But yet, for the enhancement shaman, having many, if not most ascendance periods being effectively nullified, by being chain kited, stun-locked, rooted, etc., the very instant you pop ascendance, all with no means of escape, other than a trinket, is "fair?" War is hell, my man.
    4: So what you want is an undodgeable, uninterruptible, unparryable, instant, targeted, high-damage ranged attack, which bypasses 100% of armor, AND-OH-MY-GOSH-YES-I-ALMOST-FORGOT is boosted by our mastery. In other words, you're miffed that you don't have the "I win" button. Sorry. You cannot haz cheezebutton.
    You being wrong doesn't mean you have to get all passive-aggressive on me. Nothing indicates Ascendance suddenly gives us 30 yard arms, nor do I know of any elementals with appendegges of that extreme size. Not too mention that it's animation being a big blast of lightning indicates it's something magical we fire at our enemies and not our arms suddenly being transformed into tendrils of lightning. But I guess looking at animations is about as hard for you as forming a proper argument.
    And being stain cc-ed during burst is something all classes have to worry about. It might be new to you but proper positioning and timing of your CD's according to their cc/cd's can do wonders for it's effectiveness. The existence of cc during burst is not inherently more unfair towards shamans than to just about every other class. Having your burst countered heavily by both anti-magical and anti-melee defenses however is something that is limited to just Enhancement shamans and but a few other specs. Which in my opinion makes it unfair.
    Good to see your reading comprehension sucks though, because if you had actually bothered to read my post following the one you quoted, you would have seen that yes, I do think having an instant, nigh unavoidable, "I win" button is something I oppose and I wish Blizzard would do something about it, however I prefer having my burst reworked first/simultaneously before they just gut us without compensation. Not too mention that your hyperbolic argument goes for just about every form of caster burst, yet I don't hear you complaining about that. Furthermore your last "point" actively goes against your third "point". You can't say: we would have nigh unavoidable burst and say at the same time that more often than not you get shutdown almost immediately after popping Ascendance. If you can be locked down right after popping it, how is it uninterruptable?

[Infracted]
    Last edited by Endus; 2013-11-19 at 02:43 AM.

You being wrong doesn't mean you have to get all passive-aggressive on me. Nothing indicates Ascendance suddenly gives us 30 yard arms, nor do I know of any elementals with appendegges of that extreme size. Not too mention that it's animation being a big blast of lightning indicates it's something magical we fire at our enemies and not our arms suddenly being transformed into tendrils of lightning. But I guess looking at animations is about as hard for you as forming a proper argument.
    And being stain cc-ed during burst is something all classes have to worry about. It might be new to you but proper positioning and timing of your CD's according to their cc/cd's can do wonders for it's effectiveness. The existence of cc during burst is not inherently more unfair towards shamans than to just about every other class. Having your burst countered heavily by both anti-magical and anti-melee defenses however is something that is limited to just Enhancement shamans and but a few other specs. Which in my opinion makes it unfair.
    Good to see your reading comprehension sucks though, because if you had actually bothered to read my post following the one you quoted, you would have seen that yes, I do think having an instant, nigh unavoidable, "I win" button is something I oppose and I wish Blizzard would do something about it, however I prefer having my burst reworked first/simultaneously before they just gut us without compensation. Not too mention that your hyperbolic argument goes for just about every form of caster burst, yet I don't hear you complaining about that. Furthermore your last "point" actively goes against your third "point". You can't say: we would have nigh unavoidable burst and say at the same time that more often than not you get shutdown almost immediately after popping Ascendance. If you can be locked down right after popping it, how is it uninterruptable?
    The fact of the matter is the rogue clearly out played you. When you pop ascendance no matter the circumstance the 1st stormblast should always hit your target because only you know when your going to pop it. if the rouge had time to cloak your 1st stormblast it only means u waited a second or two before you decided to use stormblast. Or you you happened to use ascendance and stormblast while the rogue had cloak up already. The second one may have just been bad luck or he really out played you and he had evasion up as well.

Bottom line is rogues counter shaman both ele and enh insanely well so don't feel to discouraged if you lose to one just try to get better

I'm not playing the flame-game with you. Since that's clearly what you've come into this thread to do, and since you've derailed the thread into a pointless ego-spasm, I'm requesting the mods shut this one down.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Embermoon View Post
    I'm not playing the flame-game with you. Since that's clearly what you've come into this thread to do, and since you've derailed the thread into a pointless ego-spasm, I'm requesting the mods shut this one down.
    I'm just here to argue that our burst being countered in the ways it is currently countered is unfair and nonsensical when you look at what our burst actually is/looks like. To which you respond with passive-aggressiveness and non arguments. Not my fault you can't handle being wrong.
    As for derailing, yes I responded to others about our burst being dodge able but as the OP's post was answered I saw no harm in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Delion View Post
    RNG, what the game is based about.
    No, that's your bad for not standing behind him.

I know I was having a massive issue with a lot of my attacks being parried and dodged, and this was at the pve cap for expertise. So what I did was reforge away from exp like this
    hit(3%)>exp(3%)>mastery>haste>crit. My dmg went up, even tho I was missing more, when I hit with my spells the dmg was higher, and I was cranking out more attacks in general due to higher haste. Give it a try and see what you come up with.

[Banhammer, Kungen's Bane]

1.60 sp mace
    150 str
    268 sta
    77 defense
    80 dodge
    93 parry
    "As you look upon the mace, you hear the whining of a thousand fanboys. Something deep with in your soul makes it impossible to think anything but 'lol.'"