How has WOW been throughout this past year?

So I havent played since Spring this year..but really this entire expansion for the most part. Raid Finder was nowhere near 'fun' for me so I tried to take part in arenas but that wasn't too fun either seeing the ridiculous burst fiasco.

Has anything MAJOR changed since then? How is this expansion doing? I dont RP, I've never been the one to go achievement hunting. Raiding has changed greatly since I was really into back in the beginning of Naxxramas..well..it seems that all the guilds on my server converted to being night owls so there seems to be no hope there(LFR isnt a choice for me, hate it.) I know there is Flex Raiding but have zero clue how that system is working out for them..assuming it flopped.

So..I guess in a nutshell..what is there to expect with WOW now? Is it slowly getting worse or something? I saw the realm connections...and also the huge sub loss..so it makes me wonder..

10+ Year Old Account
    WoW is doing good actually.
    This expansion has best raiding tier and awesome ulduar sized raids =)

We got plenty of things to do, scenarios, Dungeons, Brawlers guild, Challenge Mode, Farm, Proving grounds and plenty of other things!
    PvP hasn't been great at start of MoP but has been amazing after a few patches.

And the sub loses started in WOTLK, and that's like 3 years ago. And WoW is still this big after 10 years.
    So if we put everything togheter, then WoW is doing fine =)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

Flex did the opposite of flopping, you could argue it's reinvigorated raiding for the first time since WOTLK. Blizzard have said it's a massive success, so much so it's expanding to normals next expac.

Lots of players who didn't want to commit to a raid schedule, and found LFR too easy/boring are now able to raid again and PuG.

The game is lots of fun, I feel like most players and the game as a whole is a lot more "casual", and i'd argue the community has become a lot more secluded with people just not communicating, although I feel it's been that way since Cata.

How exactly does this flex raiding work? If someone doesnt mind explaining. I'm googling it but its just giving me peoples opinions on how its working lol..im looking for straight facts i guess.

..Also..how has the PVP changed over the past 6 months or so?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Redbtk View Post
    How exactly does this flex raiding work? If someone doesnt mind explaining. I'm googling it but its just giving me peoples opinions on how its working lol..im looking for straight facts i guess.

..Also..how has the PVP changed over the past 6 months or so?
    It's a difficulty between LFR and normal modes where you can bring aywhere between 10 and 25 people. The raid then scales depending on how many are in the raid. You can't just queue for it and be put in a group, you have to find a group yourself.

They removed resilience from gear and just gave a flat base resil to all players. Other than that, there's just been the usual balancing and they altered silvershard a bit since horde had a massive advantage in it.

10+ Year Old Account
    In order of difficulty:

LFR - 25-man only, matchmaking system
    Flex - scales mob health and some mechanics based on the size of your raid, 10-man up to 25-man. No matchmaking, you form the raid and enter the instance through the flexible raid pane on your "i" menu.
    Normal - 10-man or 25-man. You form the raid.
    Heroic - 10-man or 25-man. You form the raid.

How has the success rate been with the people who do Flex raids? Do you get this accomplished in there or is it a headache?

10+ Year Old Account
    How has the success rate been with the people who do Flex raids? Do you get this accomplished in there or is it a headache?
    I'm not sure what you're asking. Are you asking if it's easy to do a full clear? That depends entirely on the calibre of the people you invite. For a 10-man team of people currently progressing through normal mode it' doesn't present much of a challenge.

Deleted
    I personally think that Blizzard is heading the right direction currently! I'm super stoked of the fact the 'World Bosses' got so much attention this expansion - definitely something that I can approve of!

- Riftmind