Xbox one launch titles

Will they be available to download day 1 like some games are now or do you need to be a retail version? I ask because I was just going to pick up my system then read reviews on the games when I got home and download what I want

XBL is going to be under SUPER heavy load so it's not a good call to rely on day 1 download. It's a lot safer bet to just buy the disc itself if you want to be sure you'll be playing a game the night you get the console.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    XBL is going to be under SUPER heavy load so it's not a good call to rely on day 1 download. It's a lot safer bet to just buy the disc itself if you want to be sure you'll be playing a game the night you get the console.
    I wouldn't even be sure if you have a day 1 retail version. AFAIK, all launch games AND the Xbox One itself will have day 1 patches, all of which will be downloaded through XBL. Which means that EVERYONE and their mother will be downloading at the exact same time. considering what that meant for D3, Simcity and pretty much every MMO launch, you're likely going to have massive issues playing anything on release, except maybe some singleplayer games that don't require a day 1 patch.