Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

560ilvl disc moving to heroics

My priest is only an alt, but I enjoy healing and would like to reroll at some point.

I reached the point where I can't think of anything that would improve my performance. I did alot of reading, I fixed what i could and I think (hope) it's not bad. Atm, I raid only normals, so my healing is more than enough but I don't feel like I'm good enough to move to heroic (and that's the plan for our alt raid).

Any tips are welcome :D

Armory:
    eu[dot]battle[dot]net/wow/en/character/stormrage/Selisugly/advanced

Logs from altrun:
    www[dot]worldoflogs[dot]com/reports/xy1hmlf4n8330oln

I can't post links yet, so please replace "[dot]" with "."

Quote Originally Posted by nakashumi View Post
    My priest is only an alt, but I enjoy healing and would like to reroll at some point.

I reached the point where I can't think of anything that would improve my performance. I did alot of reading, I fixed what i could and I think (hope) it's not bad. Atm, I raid only normals, so my healing is more than enough but I don't feel like I'm good enough to move to heroic (and that's the plan for our alt raid).

Any tips are welcome

Armory:
    eu[dot]battle[dot]net/wow/en/character/stormrage/Selisugly/advanced

Logs from altrun:
    www[dot]worldoflogs[dot]com/reports/xy1hmlf4n8330oln

I can't post links yet, so please replace "[dot]" with "."

Only had a 30 second look because to be honest you seem to be doing fine for heroics at this stage. I didn't look at up times, only gear, glyphs and totals.
    You're ranking on two fights, that's a pretty good indication that you're ready to test some heroics. The first few are largely a joke anyway.

With talents; Desperate prayer is better than angelic bulwark if you play it well. In 10m you'll largely be using halo when needed (heroic immerseus etc) and divine star everywhere halo is necessary. Pop archangel before halo (and while meta gem is up) to get the most out of it - its such an infrequent spell that there is some benefit to maximising its potential.

Glyphs are the only thing that stuck out. Don't use Inner sanctum, replace it with Inner fire (and use inner fire when playing) - the % spell power bonus is incredible. With 9k spirit your mana shouldn't be a problem anyway (I haven't checked logs to see how many high mana spells you're using though).
    The smite glyph is a bit meh as it now doesn't convert the extra damage to healing. Maybe replace with the extended range of smite/holy fire glyph for more flexibility. I think its safe to assume that with your current gear level your fellow guildies' alts are of similar ilvl and outputting enough damage that 20% damage on smite isn't going to help you beat an enrage timer.
    PoM glyph is okay, can be exchanged for glyph of fade (10% reduced damage when faded) or something else you might find a niche for.

Glyph of Pennace is the only main one, I'm frankly surprised you're not having more trouble without it. You must be standing stationary quite a lot. Its worth the extra mana in most cases as it won't cancel the cast when you move - as you know there is a fair amount of movement in SoO.

You can ignore socket bonuses when its something shit like the +60 spirit on your ring. Drop that Misty Wild Jade for a Smooth Sun's Radiance.
    Last edited by appro; 2013-11-16 at 05:16 PM.

I play main spec shadow, but I also heal disc on a few heroic fights; however, my MS will reflect in this comment.

I have found that if you are bored, have time and manna, you can jazz it up a bit by keeping up Shadow Word: Pain on at least your smite target - no problem. It helps on dps, helps you out dps monks (sometimes), and as stated, can make it a little more fun. Obviously, there is no healing benefit. Obviously, it is a deficit to manna preservation. Obviously, you should always heal first, dps later. Nevertheless, we are disc priests: why not?

Finally, and I see you have done a bit of this: don't be afraid to spec out of spirit; especially if you grab that trinket off the first boss - even a flex one.
    good luck and good gaming

:Ollatha

560s more than to heal everything up to thok.

Quote Originally Posted by appro View Post

Glyphs are the only thing that stuck out. Don't use Inner sanctum, replace it with Inner fire (and use inner fire when playing) - the % spell power bonus is incredible.
    You can use Inner sanctum. Change between the 2 depending on the fight and the source of the damage.

Quote Originally Posted by appro View Post
    Glyphs are the only thing that stuck out. Don't use Inner sanctum, replace it with Inner fire (and use inner fire when playing) - the % spell power bonus is incredible.

Out of interest, you are aware that the Inner Sanctum glyph provides 6% spelldmg reduc while in Inner Fire-mode, right? It's not just a glyph that affects Inner Will. Considering how few bosses actually have physical damage as their main source of dmg, Inner Sanctum is far better than the 6% physical dmg reduc that Inner Fire glyph gives on most bosses. The only outlier I can think of would be Thok.

Inner Sanctum is better than Inner Fire glyph on pretty much every fight. Juggernaut, Nazgrim and Thok are the only fights where IF glyph might be better. Penance, Weakened Soul and Inner Sanctum/Inner Fire is what I use almost all the time.

9k spirit is too low for most heroics in my experience, but you have two regen trinkets and I have none, so whatever works for you is fine. The legendary healer cloak is so shit for disc that it's really not worth using. The DPS cloak has better stats and can contribute a decent amount of damage. It can also help a bit with ToF uptime on some fights.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karragon View Post
    I'd like WoW to be a single player game

Thok's roars ignore armor anyway, plus you have perma 30% DR thanks to focused will or whatever the heck that passive is.
    Last edited by Fluttershy; 2013-11-17 at 11:46 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by blargh312 View Post
    9k spirit is too low for most heroics in my experience, but you have two regen trinkets and I have none, so whatever works for you is fine.
    I am currently running 6.3k spirit and only 1 real regen trinket. You have to make good use of your clarity proccs and track rapture but as a disc priest 9k spirit should be absolutely more than enough.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinze View Post
    I am currently running 6.3k spirit and only 1 real regen trinket. You have to make good use of your clarity proccs and track rapture but as a disc priest 9k spirit should be absolutely more than enough.
    Tbh I can't see myself at such low level of spirit. (My guess is that you raid 25m). 9k feels comfy - I can use halo on cd for DA procs, and throw some shields whenever I feel like it, and still I manage to finish the fight with >20% mana.

Thanks for legendary cloak tip. I knew that healing one isn't the best but I didn't think that it can improve my ToF utime.

When it comes to glyphs, I change them all the time. (How would I kill frogs without Glyph of smite???)

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    Out of interest, you are aware that the Inner Sanctum glyph provides 6% spelldmg reduc while in Inner Fire-mode, right? It's not just a glyph that affects Inner Will. Considering how few bosses actually have physical damage as their main source of dmg, Inner Sanctum is far better than the 6% physical dmg reduc that Inner Fire glyph gives on most bosses. The only outlier I can think of would be Thok.
    A while back I tested the Glyph of Inner Fire and it provided only about 3.2% physical damage reduction.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkener View Post
    A while back I tested the Glyph of Inner Fire and it provided only about 3.2% physical damage reduction.
    Depends on your gear level, I guess. Mine gives about 5-6% if I recall correct.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkener View Post
    It's actually always 6% physical. It's just multiplicative 6% (exactly like Inner Sanctum) so it will display as something less than that on the armor tooltip. For example, if you have 20% armor in Inner Fire, and you add the glyph (6%), it will display as 1.0 - (0.8 * 0.94) = 1.0 - .752 = 24.8%. You're still taking 6% less physical damage than without the glyph.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    And also now we can design gear to show off the male human high res nipples/chest hair.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nakashumi View Post
    Tbh I can't see myself at such low level of spirit. (My guess is that you raid 25m). 9k feels comfy - I can use halo on cd for DA procs, and throw some shields whenever I feel like it, and still I manage to finish the fight with >20% mana.
    I do raid 25's but our 1 resto shaman isn't always around unfortunately. I am also the only priest in the entire raid so as far as mana cooldowns go there aren't too many to go around.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by espoire View Post
    It's actually always 6% physical. It's just multiplicative 6% (exactly like Inner Sanctum) so it will display as something less than that on the armor tooltip. For example, if you have 20% armor in Inner Fire, and you add the glyph (6%), it will display as 1.0 - (0.8 * 0.94) = 1.0 - .752 = 24.8%. You're still taking 6% less physical damage than without the glyph.
    Thanks, I wondered why the physical damage reduction was displayed as something very trivial when using the glyph.

Deleted
    That'd be too much for me, being honest. I run 7.2k spirit without regen trinkets, and I only really find myself starting to get mana issues if I start spamming PW:S out of meta procs too much.

Quote Originally Posted by espoire View Post
    Yea, that'd make sense. Mine provides 4.2% reduc atm, but overall it's a 6% reduc from what I was taking.

Quote Originally Posted by Siorray View Post
    That'd be too much for me, being honest. I run 7.2k spirit without regen trinkets, and I only really find myself starting to get mana issues if I start spamming PW:S out of meta procs too much.
    Agree there, spirit is the worst stat by far for disc ATM. http://www.wowhead.com/list=385486/discbis this would be the "BiS" I'd imagine - too bad I took a HC WF seal of eternal sorrow and coined a normal signet of the dinomancer. Not a single Malkorok ring has dropped, either, so gonna be some time till I get that <.<.
    Although you do suck Siorray .

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Siorray View Post
    I can't really drop much lower than that I'm afraid, all the pieces I'm still to replace don't drop me in spirit anymore either.

Edit: that's a filthy lie I can still replace my boots/shoulders, but that's about it.
    Last edited by mmoc0d22b7d23b; 2013-11-18 at 04:48 PM.

Deleted
    I can't really drop much lower than that I'm afraid, all the pieces I'm still to replace don't drop me in spirit anymore either.

Edit: that's a filthy lie I can still replace my boots/shoulders, but that's about it.
    Ahh, fair enough. I feel you. Still waiting for a head to drop from Immerseus (been coining it for weeks), and either shoulders from Norushen or gloves from SIegecrafter, as well as the boots from Dark Shamans.

Damn loot RNG. :c

I'd go down in spirit if not for dispells, those eat my mana!
    And I won't start reforging etc. for every fight every raid id.