1. #1
    Brewmaster ghostblade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    The edge of dark space!
    Posts
    1,371

    Thunderforged and Warforged future removed?

    Hey guys.

    I was thinking about the Thunderforged and Warforged items and i thought myself. "they will most likely not return in WoD." The reason for that. Thunderforged was added because of the diffrence in 10 man and 25 man with 25 having a beter drop chance for it.
    But with the new fix of 10-25 on both normal and heroic and mythic is 20 man. This type of gear is not realy needed anymore.
    What do you guys btw think? We shall not see it back anymore or you think blizz will keep it for some reason?

  2. #2
    "Heroic Warforged gear will still exist going forward."

    From WoW Blizzcon Q&A.

  3. #3
    The Lightbringer Tehterokkar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    3,890
    In addition to keeping TF/WF, we also get the 3rd stat pool(the new stats) which is random on a piece of gear.

  4. #4
    Yepp it will get even worse. They planned that you basically should be able to acquire a basic version of the item but will never end up with a good version in every slot.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by cFortyfive View Post
    Yepp it will get even worse.
    Jesus christ, yes so worse, damn I hate the fact I get a chance at getting better gear randomly.

    DAMN YOU BLIZZARD!!!11

    You don't NEED a full set of heroic warforged gear, and you shouldn't expect it, it's a bonus, free bonuses are great.

    Same goes for bonus stats i.e cleave and movement speed, you shouldn't expect nor need it, thus being a bonus.

    God, some people are so depressing.

  6. #6
    I don't think it was xforged items were items simply to give 25's a better chance of winning them, i think it was added for 2 reasons:

    - To give raid teams a reason to re-clear farm content, the reason it drops more in 25man was because 25's have 30-35 in roster and 10's only have 12 or 13,so more people to gear up.

    - 25's usually have a high attrition rate so a lot of those xforged item leave the guild with the player and go somewhere else.
    WoL is dead, long live WCL - http://www.warcraftlogs.com/

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Toiran View Post
    Jesus christ, yes so worse, damn I hate the fact I get a chance at getting better gear randomly.

    DAMN YOU BLIZZARD!!!11

    You don't NEED a full set of heroic warforged gear, and you shouldn't expect it, it's a bonus, free bonuses are great.

    Same goes for bonus stats i.e cleave and movement speed, you shouldn't expect nor need it, thus being a bonus.

    God, some people are so depressing.
    Having full best in slot gear is an end goal of almost every heroic raider and that is a goal they work towards from the beginning till the end of a tier. With all these added random things, this end goal will start to look unobtainable and downright impossible to reach. While I get your point, don't forget that everyone plays or sees the game in a different way. Just because it's not your way doesn't mean it's wrong.
    Bovan.9481
    Completed legendaries: Twilight, Sunrise, (Eternity), Incinerator, Bolt, Quip, Frostfang, The Moot, The Juggernaut, Howler.
    Current projects: Predator and Aether.

  8. #8
    Warforged was not only just to reward 25s more but they wanted players to keep killing bosses that they don't need loot from so they are expanding the warforged feature. Next expansion Bosses can not only drop warforged items but also teritaartty(I dunno) stats and gem sockets

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Axelond View Post
    Warforged was not only just to reward 25s more but they wanted players to keep killing bosses that they don't need loot from so they are expanding the warforged feature. Next expansion Bosses can not only drop warforged items but also teritaartty(I dunno) stats and gem sockets
    This is pretty much correct.

    Basic item will have no gem slot or tertiary stat (e.g. 100 Agility, 150 Stamina, 50 Crit, 50 Haste)
    Three random modifications possible to item: -Forged*, Tertiary Stat**, Gem Slot**. Probably there's a chance to have all three.

    Heroic BiS will probably aim for -Forged+Gem Slot as the Tertiary Stat improvements will be situational.

    *My guess is that first tier will be Ironforged.
    **Not every piece can have a gem slot or tertiary stat, it sounds like
    Last edited by chrth; 2013-11-16 at 05:30 PM.

  10. #10
    Pandaren Monk Mukki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    ANC! ANC! ANC!
    Posts
    1,934
    Quote Originally Posted by Toiran View Post
    Jesus christ, yes so worse, damn I hate the fact I get a chance at getting better gear randomly.

    DAMN YOU BLIZZARD!!!11

    You don't NEED a full set of heroic warforged gear, and you shouldn't expect it, it's a bonus, free bonuses are great.

    Same goes for bonus stats i.e cleave and movement speed, you shouldn't expect nor need it, thus being a bonus.

    God, some people are so depressing.
    I completely agree with you. People like the poster you quoted probably played Final Fantasy 7 and threw it away as "terrible" because they didn't start at level 99 with maxed out materia.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by ghostblade View Post
    Hey guys.

    I was thinking about the Thunderforged and Warforged items and i thought myself. "they will most likely not return in WoD." The reason for that. Thunderforged was added because of the diffrence in 10 man and 25 man with 25 having a beter drop chance for it.
    But with the new fix of 10-25 on both normal and heroic and mythic is 20 man. This type of gear is not realy needed anymore.
    What do you guys btw think? We shall not see it back anymore or you think blizz will keep it for some reason?
    It's also to provide continued gear progression and make farm bosses still exciting. According to Blizz anyway.

  12. #12
    you call it free. i call it mandatory.

    Killing the same bosses, getting the same items, but the other guy has better gear doing more dmg and has an easier time.
    Its like eu/us vs asia gear. They get their higher ilvl "free" and everyone is yelling you cant compare it.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Teph View Post
    you call it free. i call it mandatory.

    Killing the same bosses, getting the same items, but the other guy has better gear doing more dmg and has an easier time.
    Its like eu/us vs asia gear. They get their higher ilvl "free" and everyone is yelling you cant compare it.
    If you can't come to a point where you're satisfied despite not having the very best in slot for every item then that's your problem, not Blizzard's.

  14. #14
    Next expansion will feature gear that has a chance at extra stats (warforged), extra sockets, and tertiary stats. All of these things will be a bonus off the budget. They are supposed to be common enough that you will get a shot at a few, but rare enough you can't make a whole set.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Teph View Post
    you call it free. i call it mandatory.

    Killing the same bosses, getting the same items, but the other guy has better gear doing more dmg and has an easier time.
    Its like eu/us vs asia gear. They get their higher ilvl "free" and everyone is yelling you cant compare it.
    With the item squish, ilvl within a tier shouldn't be the prime differentiator in performance.

  16. #16
    Epic! Arcanimus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Where everything is bitter. Especially me.
    Posts
    1,593
    Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    With the item squish, ilvl within a tier shouldn't be the prime differentiator in performance.
    Right, it'll be RNG.
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    *bro fist*
    Main - Useful PvP Items - Hunter Pet Spreadsheet - Music and Stuff

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    *My guess is that first tier will be Ironforged.
    Dwarves everywhere will rejoice.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Toiran View Post
    God
    "God" forbid people have a different attitude towards retarded rng and luck than others.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mukki View Post
    I completely agree with you. People like the poster you quoted probably played Final Fantasy 7 and threw it away as "terrible" because they didn't start at level 99 with maxed out materia.
    Sure dude whatever you want to believe.
    Last edited by cFortyfive; 2013-11-16 at 06:12 PM.

  19. #19
    Bloodsail Admiral Narshe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Caves of Narshe
    Posts
    1,030
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovan View Post
    Having full best in slot gear is an end goal of almost every heroic raider and that is a goal they work towards from the beginning till the end of a tier. With all these added random things, this end goal will start to look unobtainable and downright impossible to reach. While I get your point, don't forget that everyone plays or sees the game in a different way. Just because it's not your way doesn't mean it's wrong.
    Most likely why Blizzard is adding even more RNG to raiding. They want raiders to keep their subs that much longer inbetween tiers. I would imagine Heroic Warforged with Cleave will be best in slot for most.

    http://joekey.deviantart.com Sig by Lilliputia! <3

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •