Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    No, I like variety on my characters.

Well mostly because you can't outfit your Alts easily and have to grind everything from the ground up. I couldn't imagine grinding Golds to level Professions or even Flying max speed on a completely new Char again, and I wouldn't want e.g. have to buy expensive Flasks and item enchants when my other faction's mules can craft them cheap.

But hopefully sometimes Blizzard removes the faction bindings so you can for example pledge Allegiance to the Horde as a Draenei if you like both Space Goats and the Orgrimmar architecture. This would solve Problems like that, and also it would remove faction imbalances if the game just places players into a balanced team (faction) each time you queue for a BG or are in any Zone. The Game could create an even amount of Players of both factions at all times. The way that RBGs are currently should be everywhere.
    Last edited by Fincher; 2013-11-17 at 10:21 AM.
    Capitalism, Ho!

Why would i need to play a female char, ever?
    I'm a guy. I like to be a guy. I play a male in the game, because that's what i am.

I have one char on alliance, that i made to help a friend with his raid, but overall people i know are on horde side, so i have no reason to play on alliance side, despite that being the more populated side.
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

Quote Originally Posted by loli ninja eating pizza View Post
    I never understood this, do you do it, and why?
    Because I'm Male, and I like to think if I am Role-playing it is as a Male.

Role-playing as a female is weird.

I am die hard Alliance so i only have Alliance characters. One day i might make a horde, that day is not today!
    Great Uther's ghost, it's chasing after us! Squire, do something! Throw rocks at it! I have no plan!

Quote Originally Posted by Terridon View Post
    Why would i need to play a female char, ever?
    I'm a guy. I like to be a guy. I play a male in the game, because that's what i am.

I have one char on alliance, that i made to help a friend with his raid, but overall people i know are on horde side, so i have no reason to play on alliance side, despite that being the more populated side.
    You're also a human irl so why would you play any other species ?! That would be very weird. I mean aren't you comfortable with your own species?! Why are you trying to be some other lifeform?! Seek help, man.

I like using sarcastic retorts to counter stupid and narrow minded arguments.

Warchief
    All my friends before WoW came out wanted to be Horde and so didn't I. Since then all of my friendships in game have been Horde centric, and as such I've had zero reason to play the opposite faction. The only time I played the opposite faction with any amount of time invested was in the original beta, and that was solely because I didn't want to ruin the Horde starting areas when the game actually launched. Outside of that and nearly 9 years of playing, I haven't made it past the mid 40s.

Male and I mostly play male characters. I typically stick with Orcs, Goblins and Trolls, preferring Orc when it's possible. My sole female character is my BE Paladin. I typically play melee characters and I just like Orc animations with weapons, they look far more menacing than other races.

I only play alliance as horde don't have female dwarves or male gnomes. They are the only races I like to play. My opinion may change however with WoD but I doubt it.

Why... not?... I've tried playing female characters but it never really feels right, and I don't even want to try playing Horde because nothing in it appeals to me.
    The moment when, thanks to transmogrification, your character selection screen looks like the cast of the Downton Abbey.

It's really quite simple. Aesthetically speaking I _only_ like, or like _more_ than any other, one race/gender. As far as faction I only care about end-game stuff so I can't really be playing two factions considering It would rely on guilds.

Fyi I'm very original and play Male Human.

Quote Originally Posted by Molestron View Post
    You're also a human irl so why would you play any other species ?! That would be very weird. I mean aren't you comfortable with your own species?! Why are you trying to be some other lifeform?! Seek help, man.

Because if I was another Species, I would still be a Male.

Hurr.

I'm horde by heart; however, few friends forced me to play alliance with them. I prefer horde since my first character was horde. I have around 10 60+ horde and 2 60+ alliance (Both 85).

As for gender, I primarily play Male characters. My only female characters are an Undead Warlock and a Dwarf Rogue. I prefer male characters since I'm a male IRL and I feel more connected to them.

Tell you what, to please the whiners, MMOs should have mandatory login with Facebook and should only allow characters at character creation that match the user's profile.
    Character creation should also ask for a picture of the user's face, which it will convert to textures and apply it on all their characters. We wouldn't want people to pretend they're someone else, after all.

Well, as a player who has played a lot of both faction and a mix of male/female character depending on the race/class combo or just how i'm feeling, I can see why you'd only stick to one. Well, at least for genders, it's not odd for a female only to want a female, or visa versa - Regarding factions I can understand it from a RP PoV, but having never even 'tried' both factions seems weird to me, that's a massive chunk of gameplay you're missing out on, doesn't feel like an RPG if you just skip half the content, it's like speed running skyrim - You can do it but it really takes away a lot of the game. Having said that, if you meant actively playing both factions at the same time, yeah, that's retarded - It's too hard to commit to different friends/guilds etc on two different factions. I sometimes level alts on horde (I'm mostly ally) but that's really just to pass time, i've went from mostly horde to mostly ally and a bit inbetween over the years, but i've never really played both at the same time.

I play only male horde characters because 90% of me playing the game is me PvP'ing and I like looking like the most badass and intimidating thing on the battlefield. ^_^

I used to play only Human and Alliance.

Why would I play a female?

I mostly play Alliance, though I do have a blood elf paladin alt. I like a lot of the lore behind most of the Horde races, I just don't feel any sort of connection with them, if that makes any sense.

I also always play male characters for much the same reason. As a male that just feels like the natural route to go. Making a female alt for the sake of variety? I guess, but that causes to much drama, in my opinion. You either get people who know you're a guy calling you weird for playing a female, or you run the risk of awkward situations because some people think of WoW as a dating service. So just cut those problems off at the start and stick what feels natural. Playing male toons.

TLDR version: I like playing characters that I myself can more easily relate to. I'm a human male, so I tend to play Alliance males.

Quote Originally Posted by Molestron View Post

Except it doesn't really counter anything. What he said is every bit as valid as the people saying they'll only play females because they don't want to stare at their gender's butt for hours on end, or the people saying they'll play both for variety's sake. It's all fine.

I have one alliance toon to see their content (like 5.1 dailies or the genius robo cat questline, that was way better than the hordes boring version of some people talking)
    Gender is completely random based on how I felt that day or something
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."