Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    Deleted

[Music] Best concert you've been at?

Hi there all. I've been to a few concerts in my life, but not quite as many as I'd like to.

I've seen the bands below perform in Stockholm, Sandviken etc. I don't like the new generation of bands at all and I'm only 20 years old.

Iron Maiden
    Scorpions (Their last performance in Sweden)
    Skunk Anansie
    Sabaton
    Daltons
    -soon-
    Twisted Sister & Europe
    Fatal Smile & Hardcore Superstar

Which ones have you seen? Which one did you like the most? If any? Did they do anything special in their intro or outro?

10+ Year Old Account
    Concerts suck, Raves are better.

Even further in 96. The 24 hour 3 day event was loaded with talent. Hundreds of Djs and producers played the event, it was Daft Punk's first appearance In the U.S. and they were followed by Hardkiss. It was pretty amazing.
    Last edited by SL1200; 2013-11-16 at 05:15 PM.

Deleted
    Tony Allen, Fela kuti's ex drummer. Must have been 99 or something. Some kind of Afro funk.
    Also roni size, same year. Surpisingly he had a full band behind.
    I'm talking from a drummer's point of view so keep this in mind.

Deleted
    Placebo, Megadeth, Rage Against the Machine, Coheed and Cambira, Steel Panther, Lamb of God, Children of Bodom, Metallica, Black Sabbath. Those are the main ones that blew me away live.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seen loads, but the best was probably Fatboy Slim.

I missed out on seeing Nirvana at Brixton Academy. I would likely have enjoyed that, but he decided to cancel - to be fair, he had a fairly good excuse.

A Perfect Circle and Tool

10+ Year Old Account
    Jello Biafra with the Melvins...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by SL1200 View Post
    Concerts suck, Raves are better.
    Well since we all don't cater around you, that was a pretty pointless sentence to add in since the op is asking for your favorite, not which one is best.

My favorite ones are always Paramore ones, but thats because they're my favorite band, but Im not going to lie, the best one Ive been to? Take that the circus. My folks offered to pay for tickets for me and my ex, I wasn't fussed but she loved them so we went. The special effects and everything were fantastic, I wasn't expecting to enjoy it, but I did and couldnt fault it

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eugenik View Post
    A Perfect Circle and Tool
    Didn't Perfect Circle do the Resident Evil soundtrack? RE:5 or somet?

Most professional band? Oasis(w/ Andy Bell etc) or Kent. Both bands conisted of true pro's on the scene. Never was a fan of either but they were/are so fucking slick and tight, at least when I've seen them.
    Most enjoyable concert, probably Primal Scream around 12 years ago. Bear quartet was fun to, all the indie kids was up for it and their keyboard player comes up and spins records for 2 hours including a 25 minute long mashup of Kraftwerk's tour de france. rofl

The Knife(same vocalist as the Vikings theme song) was brilliant @ Trädgår'n around 2007 as well. Such a rare chance to, only real tour they've ever done. Most of the show is up on youtube btw, rip from the DVD release.
    Here is one song.

Best party, having the pleasure of warming up for Danny Howells.
    Best DJ set, Danny Howells, party never wanted to stop.
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

I've been to a ridiculous amount of shows... seen an awful lot of good ones, but a few stick out as truly memorable.

Tori Amos - Choirgirl Hotel tour (1998)
    Pantera / White Zombie - '94 or '96? I can't recall
    Steven Wilson - Raven tour (2013)

Oddly enough, one of the most impressive was Mike Marshall, Edgar Meyer, and Bela Fleck. In a Borders Bookstore. 100% unplugged / un-amplified. Probably 1997. I was absolutely blown away by how good they were.

10+ Year Old Account
    Saw both The Cure and White Zombie/Pantera in 95 or 96. (can't remember) Both concerts were within a month of each other in New Orleans. I had a blast at both!

Forgot one recent that I loved, James Blake... in a church of all places, but that made it even better since acoustics of the church took his music to new levels of awesomeness.
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

Of all the gigs I've been to there's a couple which strike me as being "pivotal" moments of my musical life which have affirmed my love of music & what they mean to me. Two of them are by the same band, Queen & Paul Rodgers, the first was back in 2005 at the MEN Arena in Manchester, I'd always wanted to see Queen live in some form for more years than I'd care to recall, but never thought I'd get to see that happen, but when that tour was announced I phoned my mate & said "we've got to do this". (My mate is the one person who'll almost always be up for almost any gig and well, he's as big a Queen fan as I am) At that point in time I was in the middle of an audio technology course which was slowly killing all sense of enjoyment in music and I needed something to change the fact that every time I put a CD on I would dissect it on a "technical" basis and ultimately it got to the stage where I couldn't listen to music for entertainment any longer.

Just the feeling that you get as you stand in an arena and you hear Brian May's guitar just playing something as simple as two chords it's electric, the hairs on the back of your neck stand on end, you feel an energy in your body and it feels like you're being shaken by something you can't really describe. This video isn't the best quality in the world, but it's the precise moment where that happens, I was down in the standing section and honestly the pop in that building was deafening, one of the loudest I've ever heard in any arena. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ImOd...xxcwVLogZnizXl) That gig shook me from the state I'd been in and enthused me about music again, just exactly what I needed, it wasn't Queen, but it was as close as you get without a Delorian!

The second time was in 2008 in Glasgow, after the 2005 show my Mum had been pretty pissed that she couldn't make the 2005 show (she works in a school & couldn't get the time off), but well, Glasgow is less than an hour away so I got her tickets for her birthday. When Brian May dedicated "Love of my Life" to all the mothers in the crowd it was a pretty special moment, much as my Mum can piss me off it was awesome to share that with her.

Other honorable mentions go to Muse at T in the Park in 2003 (one of their first shows back after Dom Howard's dad died at Glastonbury), Primus in Manchester 2011 & Bon Jovi at the O2 in 2010 (personal reasons for that, it was my post-treatment present to myself).
    Koodledrum - Balnazzar EU - 85 Priest - Retired.

The Lightbringer Conspicuous Cultist's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Never went to a concert or a rave.

Deleted
    Rammstein, Stockholm 2010.

NiN at the hilton in reno, 2004. was a crowd of 1300 people and that was their first show since 00' ,a warm up show that ended up being the best show i have ever seen and trent even interviewed later that it was the most fun he had had putting on a show. he scheduled two more shows at the same place 8 months later. saw them both! amazing shows, all of them! but the first was uber special. when he came out to play hurt, he quietly says into the mic 'this is no longer my song' (meaning jonny cash had taken and owned it, it was just a year after his death ) i will never forget those nights.

Spice Girls in Mountain View, Reno, and San Jose

I saw Mastodon open for Iron Maiden who were only playing songs from their first 5 albums. It was pretty incredible to see metalheads aged 12-60 all having a great time together.

Close but not quite up there would be

Queen with Paul Rodgers (would easily have been first if Freddie was alive)
    Roger Waters when he performed Dark Side of the Moon in its entirety (plus a whole other set)
    Simon and Garfunkel with The Everly Brothers

Deleted
    I don't go to concerts, ever. I've been to see some acts at the local pubs, and so on, but I've never been a concert-going person.

The absolute love of mine as far as bands and music goes, is Faith No More. Been so for a good 17 years now, at least. I never got to see them in a concert, and by the time I really wanted to, they had disbanded.

So, when I saw them, reunited, in 2009, in Kaisaniemi, Helsinki, that was all the concerts I ever need to see.

At this point, I might want to point out, that my absolute favorite song of all time, of any band, a song I just think is sublime and perfect, a song I could die to, and a song I wish would be played when and IF there's a remembrance of me, is Stripsearch.

Well, FNM did, as an encore, a certain song, a song which I had waited for for the entire gig, a song that never was played, and when the first chords of that legendary song sounded out, it was ecstasy.

This is what it was:

When I heard the guitar chords I almost came. Seriously. First the chariots of fire which was cool, but then... Ohhh...
    Last edited by mmoc3ff0cc8be0; 2013-11-16 at 10:13 PM.