10+ Year Old Account

Prot Warrior Haste Speculation

Dodge and parry gone, haste as a tank stat, start the speculation.

I guess the obvious is they go paladin style and have it reduce the cooldown on shield slam. It could extend the duration of shield block. It could be tied to rage somehow.

How would you like haste to interact with prot warriors ?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Warriors have never scaled with haste. IF the class is designed around a secondary stat I would prefer crit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesMcStyles View Post
    I don't care that other people don't play the content that I enjoy.

Deleted
    Well, there aren't a lot of stats left to choose from. They want gear to be meaningful to more classes and specs at the same time. So out of the 3 stats that there are left (Mastery, Haste, Crit), I think they will make all of them useful for us. Haste will probably work something like you said, mastery stays roughly the same and crit will probably be a bit more useful.
    That being said. I want to be a tank and stacks defensive stats. I don't want to get gear with crit and haste. Bears have been doing that and after 7 years of playing this game I still have absolutely no idea how they work

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd figure things would stay the same as they roughly are now, keeping Paladins at haste and moving warriors to straight up crit.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TCCB1833 View Post
    Well, there aren't a lot of stats left to choose from. They want gear to be meaningful to more classes and specs at the same time. So out of the 3 stats that there are left (Mastery, Haste, Crit), I think they will make all of them useful for us. Haste will probably work something like you said, mastery stays roughly the same and crit will probably be a bit more useful.
    That being said. I want to be a tank and stacks defensive stats. I don't want to get gear with crit and haste. Bears have been doing that and after 7 years of playing this game I still have absolutely no idea how they work
    I heard something about Armor will gain in importance as a tank-stat
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesMcStyles View Post
    I don't care that other people don't play the content that I enjoy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Valech View Post
    I heard something about Armor will gain in importance as a tank-stat
    Armor will be added to certain items as an extra stat indeed. Not sure whether its importance will be vital, but it will be a handy bonus stat no doubt. There were some items in Ulduar showing bonus armor stats.

I'm thinking warriors will be crit/mastery/armor. Ghostcrawler said the aren't planning an major overhauls, and to make warriors scale with haste would take a lot of work. As for CD reduction haste is blah. SS already resets with SnB and Revenge resets on dodge/parry. Remember dodge/parry aren't going to be on gear but will probably still be there but tied more to strength or something. I don't want warriors to be pally 2.0 with haste reducing CDs. I like the way crit interacts with our spec already, but maybe make enrage do something defensive as well. Something like instead of increasing damage done, reducing damage taken for Prot spec only.

[Rothulivic] [Twitch] [Twitter] Signature by Serryn

Deleted
    Enrage does something defensive, it grants 10rage. They can easily make haste work for us. It could give bonus to how much def stance grants rage over time, etc. It would be nice that it would haste our bleeds too. I kinda miss the old Deep Wounds.. Even if it was pretty crap for prot, it was fun to have 2 bleeds

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valech View Post
    Warriors have never scaled with haste. IF the class is designed around a secondary stat I would prefer crit.
    Really? And still have heroism be basically useless other than more white hits for us while all other classes get a great boost? I would rather they have haste do something for us over the current state as it feels like we are the raids Hero booster that gets next to nothign out of it! "O hey hero better drop banner for the raid... not like it will do much for me but yeay hero!". Crit is already in a good place now we just need haste to actually DO something so were not so gimped during hero or have hero do different things for different classes IE up wars crit or mastery > haste.

Quote Originally Posted by TCCB1833 View Post
    Bears have been doing that mostly because Leather gear with Dodge on it died with TBC. As for how it works now Crit and Haste are the two best stats for increasing your Rage per Second, which in turn lets you use active mitigation (Savage Defense, Frenzied Regeneration and Tooth & Claw empowered Maul) more frequently.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd rather see crit be a prot warrior stat, leaving haste to rets and mastery to DKs, if a stat which is potentially viable for DPS must be turned into a tanking stat.