Poll: Which Class in WoW is the most Well Developed?

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Most Well Developed Class in WoW?

Which class do you think is the most well developed? This is not a question of which is most powerful, most easy, or most fun. Just which class do you believe has the most well developed mechanics and playstyle?

locks got lots of love in MoP

I'd say druid. Each spec seems fairly well rounded, and all play quite differently from each other. DK is also worth mentioning. The rest either don't really make that grade, or I don't have enough experience with them to comment.

warlock is a good choice, that awesome green fire quest

Priest they can do everything and have tons of ways out of cc as well. If they time their stuff correctly they can only be hit by stuns.
    You're right except for 2 things.

1. My name is spelt "God" not "Loucious-sama".
    2. I'm not a man, because man is inherently flawed. I am in fact a being so far beyond your comprehension that archaic constraints like flesh, blood, time and consequently, gender, have no meaning to me.

10% of people voted hunter and 5% voted rogue.... What!?!

Both classes are due a big overhaul Blizz have said.

How anyone can claim hunter specs are more developed and unique than warlock specs is beyond me

I think it's Death Knight. All specs are fun, Frost has even 2 playstyles. Blood is great tank spec with death grip and the best survi cooldowns of all classes (from my point of view) ...I'm not fond of Unholy, but people really like it.
    In PvP, Death knight can do burst, survive long, have great cc abilities (mostly against healers).

My main is druid and though my class is pretty well developed, it has some cruel weaknesses.
    Balance spec is a blesssing and a curse. It's deep rotation is extremely hard to master...it's great that you gotta know your spec real good to pull strong dps, but sometimes is just tedious.
    It's pretty useless in PvP if you are playing solo. Pretty much every meele kills you, because you can deal solid damage only while you are hardcasting and you gotta be supported way too much to be useful.
    Bear is boring and has almost no utility abilities.
    Kitty is also very hard to master and the only interesting thing about this spec is....its speed.
    Resto was extremely strong in TBC and WotlK...then it got nerfed a lot, but on the other hand it got Ironbark (geez finally some reduction).

Anyway, Death Knight ftw! I love that class.

Druid or Mage i would say.

Not sure why people voted Warlock so much, blizzard did major changes to their class at least 4 times during MoP alone - they are definitely not happy with warlock design, since they announced even more major changes for them in WoD.

warlocks, by far. we are awesome to play

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    Druid or Mage i would say.

Not sure why people voted Warlock so much, blizzard did major changes to their class at least 4 times during MoP alone - they are definitely not happy with warlock design, since they announced even more major changes for them in WoD.
    if you count consecutive nerfs to demonic gateway as major changes to the class

the core of MoP's warlock is intact. they just messed with some spells that were either too overpowered, or too bad. but the core is intact, and the core is way more well developed than other classes.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'd say druid. Found nothing quite like it in any other game. It's a great and unique class.

I`d say warlocks, now they only need to bring some of that love to mages.

Deleted
    Warlocks.
    You can pick either spec, they are all extremely well developed. They all feel unique, they all involve using your CD's when you want to use them (which is the best part about playing a warlock) and not when x ability comes off cooldown.

Playing anything else after playing warlocks this expansion, feels like you are going backwards in development and not forward

Warlocks by far this expansion. They don't have a weakness. If there is a fight with heavy movement they switch to Affliction, if there is a fight with heavy burst dps they switch to demo, if there is consistent aoe they switch to Destro. They also have a bunch of survival tools they are not a glass cannon by any stretch of the definition. They also have gateways.

Deleted
    Priests, Druids, Warlocks.

Every spec is fun, complex and different from the others.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreadii View Post
    I`d say warlocks, now they only need to bring some of that love to mages.
    Oh don't get me started please...

OT: DRUIDS!
    When I'm online, I'm stoned out of my brick, and I don't want you to think otherwise.

I think Brewmaster and Windwalker Monks are the best developed. They each have a wide variety of powers which give them a lot of tools in their toolbox to handle a large assortment of circumstances, the skill cap on brewmaster monks is much higher than other tanks but also more rewarding.

Wind Walkers' only real fault is they have no fight starting burst. Every other DPS class in the game can pop CDs right at the start of the fight, coupled with trinket procs right at the start of the fight, and sometimes bloodlust on top of that as well to get extreme burst right as it begins that they will never again reach and their dps will only go down from that point. WW on the other hand start out as the lowest DPS by far then gradually work their way up the chain. It's kind of annoying, but at the same time I think the WW's design of big burst on demand, but can't do it right after the fight begins is the better design imo. It sucks atm because all other DPS classes aren't designed that way so by comparison it makes WW look bad but I think the WW style is the best choice for how the classes should be personally, all that upfront burst is kind of stupid.

The monk healing spec is utter shit though. DPS and Tank I think are well rounded and designed well.
    I like ponies and I really don't care what you have to say about that.

Deleted
    If we're talking about development then it's gotta be druids, they are hybrids, they can shift to different beasts, they have 4 specs and each one is unique.

Warlocks got a lot of changes towards trying to give each spec a different feel and Blizzard has done good overall while still not mature or refined. The changes seem better than the attempts at making mages feel different for each spec.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vedel View Post
    If there is a fight with heavy movement they switch to Affliction, if there is a fight with heavy burst dps they switch to demo, if there is consistent aoe they switch to Destro. They also have a bunch of survival tools they are not a glass cannon by any stretch of the definition. They also have gateways.
    Good reason why I am sad to see reforging removed. Destro by far has the biggest stat preference difference in terms of performance and if you just want to mix it up with a different spec for fun then you just gotta obtain another set of gear for "offspec" instead of just reforging to close in the gap.

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    I'd say druid. Each spec seems fairly well rounded, and all play quite differently from each other. DK is also worth mentioning. The rest either don't really make that grade, or I don't have enough experience with them to comment.
    seems that way. until you actually play one.

Warlock by far. Nothing even comes close to it and I hope that they make its level of spec uniqueness the bar in WoD.