1. #1

    Hunter 1v1. The epic suckage.

    Holy crap this class sucks at 1v1s.

    I got an assortment of tyranical and 4 pieces of griev on my hunter, weapon included. Playing marksmanship.
    Talents of choice:
    Posthaste
    Binding Shot
    Spirit Bond
    Thrill of the hunt
    Blink Strikes
    Glaive Toss

    I get constantly bitch slapped by shadow priests, rogues of any spec and arms warriors (prot is joke, can barely outdamage my Spirit Bond).

    Spriests outheal like bitches whatever damage I do to them and then nuke the shit out of me with some plague and insanity. Silencing them seems to do nothing as I can't get any serious damage in while they are silenced and it only delays their burst. Not to mention they easily heal up even with Widow Venom on them. Needless to say, I die before I manage to kill them.

    Rogues. No fucking way. If they got any sort of skill and/or Burst of Speed, there is no way to run from these guys.

    Warriors. This is absolutely fucking retarded. Can't kite shit. They charge me, I disengage, they charge me again. I stun them with binding, they eat it up and then heroic leap on me. I use my spider to web them, joking, bladestorm. I scatter trap, they trinket. Then I have to pop detterence just to stay alive. Once that's down, they get me in a stunning shout (why the hell doesn't this bullshit fear break on damage like all fears?) and pop cds and then, if I don't have a trinket, I die because of their very skilled burst. If I do trinket it, I just prolong the inevitable. The only time I can beat a warrior is when I manage to get the drop with an aimed+chimere out of stealth.

    In fact the only class-spec I can easily beat is ret paladin. Everything else is evenly matched or pretty difficult, except those 3 which are impossible.

    Who the hell says hunters are OP ?!

  2. #2
    Think A Murder of Crows deals more damage in 1v1. Blink Strikes is more Utility if you talent Intimidation or have Pets with melee range abilities like disarm.
    Capitalism, Ho!

  3. #3
    dont play marks, then. BM, im unstoppable. and i would also take murder over anything 1v1. bg's and arena's, blink all the way. you dont even need full grievance gear to outmatch just about anyone, save for a few hard to kill classes. but, i say, practice makes perfect. you wanna play marks? more power to you. and once you start annihilating people as such, you'll understand that hunters are in a good position. just my 2 cents. gl out there

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Elbleino View Post
    dont play marks, then. BM, im unstoppable. and i would also take murder over anything 1v1. bg's and arena's, blink all the way. you dont even need full grievance gear to outmatch just about anyone, save for a few hard to kill classes. but, i say, practice makes perfect. you wanna play marks? more power to you. and once you start annihilating people as such, you'll understand that hunters are in a good position. just my 2 cents. gl out there
    Yeah, guess I'll go BM. I can't stand this MM suckage. I thought some easy access to heals and higher burst is going to be better for pvp where you don't have a healer but boy, was I wrong.

    Also as MM if I got 2 guys on me, I'm locked down. Nothing I can do, can't even kill one of them before I fall over. A melee sure as hell could kill one before dying. I used to play a monk btw.

  5. #5
    If you mean duels, then you can change talents / glyphs to match what you're against. I would never use Posthaste in any situation.

    Spriests are about interrupting mindblast whenever you can, tranq shot their shield, get them to around 70% then RF+Stampede to force disperse. Don't forget to kill fiend as well, it takes like 1 arcane shot. After disperse you use scatter / SS / wyverm sting to stop flash heals and kill them.

    Rogues are more difficult because of burst of speed. If you don't break them out of stealth then you should probably Roar of Sac the opener. If they use CDs immediately it will screw them up big time. Basically you either get them in a trap to line up aimed + chimera or use master's call / wyvern sting / scatter + trap / conc to keep distance. I think most of the damage you deal against a rogue is chimera and pet damage. If they get lucky crits then they may win or if you crit chimera twice then you probably win. It is very hard for a rogue to get an opener on a hunter though. Camo + flare is amazing. Use narrow escape and drop flare on it to force cloak. If they trinket anything then you wyvern sting immediately. Use deterr if they get to you and you don't have disengage.

    Warriors are frustrating because of how OP they are in their current state. Start in camo so they can't charge, if they leap to break it then that's gg usually. Scatter trap them and open, if they trinket and charge then you disengage to leave them rooted. The only thing that's going to get you killed is if you trinket something other than stun. They always save BS and/or CDs for their fear or stun. Use RoS on the fear. High Crit chance is the only thing that makes their damage good. After CDs they will drop like anything else.

    They game is not meant for a class to be able to 1v2. That happens when you out skill both other players.

  6. #6
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Brawl Pub
    Posts
    3,569
    Narrow Escape for melee, man. Sure, a rogue can cleanse it once with Cloak, but then he's wasted his cloak, and you're going to have it up again in 20 seconds. I find binding shot helpful for melee too, which you have. If you're good, you can land the shot and instantly stun them. Or you can even place the shot at your feet, disengage, and when they almost automatically shadowstep/charge, they get stunned.

  7. #7
    Here's some encouraging videos for you. Wippe has been playing SV and Marks in arena (1v2 mind you) for the past few months. Although most of his opponents are only 1300-1400 rating, I've seen him get up to over 1700 rating solo.

    I'm sure you can pick up some great tricks by watching him play.

    https://www.youtube.com/user/wippe07/videos

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Narrow Escape for melee, man. Sure, a rogue can cleanse it once with Cloak, but then he's wasted his cloak, and you're going to have it up again in 20 seconds. I find binding shot helpful for melee too, which you have. If you're good, you can land the shot and instantly stun them. Or you can even place the shot at your feet, disengage, and when they almost automatically shadowstep/charge, they get stunned.
    No, man, I don't like narrow escape because the disengage doesn't clear slows so even if you made a gap you are still slowed and not even that far from the target, which I find it makes it even easier for a melee to get back on you, especially since the narrow escape web breaks very easily on damage, so you can't even damage him while limping away. Posthaste seems to do the job for me better than narrow escape.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Vvulf View Post
    Here's some encouraging videos for you. Wippe has been playing SV and Marks in arena (1v2 mind you) for the past few months. Although most of his opponents are only 1300-1400 rating, I've seen him get up to over 1700 rating solo.

    I'm sure you can pick up some great tricks by watching him play.

    https://www.youtube.com/user/wippe07/videos
    Thanks, I'll check it out.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Molestron View Post
    I get constantly bitch slapped by shadow priests, rogues of any spec and arms warriors (prot is joke, can barely outdamage my Spirit Bond).
    If this is the case I suggest you do some studying. There should be no occasion where a rogue beats you in 1v1 unless it is a 2200+ rogue. All you have to do is break their first stun, then DR sets in and they cant do anything but run. As for warriors, they can be tricky sometimes ill admit. Something to remember with warriors though is that they rely on crit, hence skull banner. They charge, break stun, pop Roar of Sacrifice, and you can probably stand there and have him beat your face in untill RoS wears off. Masters call, RoS, posthaste, trinket, and deterrance will ensure you win everytime. Just try no to overlap your defensives if you can, this sometimes could mean the end of you.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Molestron View Post
    Holy crap this class sucks at 1v1s.

    I got an assortment of tyranical and 4 pieces of griev on my hunter, weapon included. Playing marksmanship.
    Talents of choice:
    Posthaste
    Binding Shot
    Spirit Bond
    Thrill of the hunt
    Blink Strikes
    Glaive Toss
    The first 4 talent choices are not ideal imo. Which is better may be dependent on what class you're dueling.

    My choices in general-
    Any of the other 2 in first tier will likely be better than Posthaste. 2nd tier Intimidation is better mainly being able to stun opponent faster. Iron Hawk or the burst heal will have a more immediate impact than Spirit Bond in a duel for 3rd tier. Lastly, I run with Fervor in 4th tier; burst on demand rather than relying on rng.

  11. #11
    I 1v1 as Marksmanship all the time. Rarely do I lose. You are doing something wrong or you are just bad.

  12. #12
    I'm sorry but you are bad.
    I'm MM too and Spriests are extremely easy.
    Good warrios might give some work but it's still a 80%~ win rate.
    Decent rogues are almost impossible since we don't have Readiness anymore (thanksalot blizzard), unless you flare at least one vanish and they don't dodge any scatter shots(which is ridiculous btw, blizzard)

  13. #13
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Brawl Pub
    Posts
    3,569
    Quote Originally Posted by Molestron View Post
    No, man, I don't like narrow escape because the disengage doesn't clear slows so even if you made a gap you are still slowed and not even that far from the target, which I find it makes it even easier for a melee to get back on you, especially since the narrow escape web breaks very easily on damage, so you can't even damage him while limping away. Posthaste seems to do the job for me better than narrow escape.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Thanks, I'll check it out.
    Master's Call the slows? You have a 45s CD hand of freedom.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •