Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    I say we should get 2.

The odds are people are waiting to sign up for two reasons:

1. The website is all kinds of fucked up right now. This is thanks to both general incompetence, the complexity of a system this expansive, and intentional sabotage from morons who think breaking something and then shouting about how it doesn't work proves a point.

2. Procrastination. It's a pain in the ass to sign up even when the site -is- working, and that can't really be helped. A lot of people are going to put off signing up until the last minute.

I haven't signed up for a mixture of those two reasons but will eventually after the bugs are worked out. Not really interested in being Obama's unpaid beta tester.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    I say we should get 2.

Well DUH! That goes without even saying.

Of course we will only tell people about the one, that one will be painted red white and blue, and host the UN and American Idol. It will be mostly devoid of weapon systems, only those deemed 'necessary for defense'. The rich will vacation there, with coupon weekends making the trip affordable for middle class folks once a year.

The other one will be hiding on the other side of the moon, painted black, and its existence will be denied, even after clear evidence to the contrary is revealed. It will have outrageous weapons systems, capable of blowing up a planet two or three times over.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gillern View Post
    "IM LOOKING AT A THING I DONT LIKE, I HAVE THE OPTION TO GO AWAY FROM IT BUT I WILL LOOK MORE AND COMPLAIN ABOUT THE THING I DONT LIKE BECAUSE I DONT LIKE IT, NO ONE IS FORCING ME TO SEARCH FOR THIS THING OR LOOK AT THIS THING OR REMAIN LOOKING AT THIS THING BUT I AM ANYWAY, ITS OFFENDS ME! ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME!!!"
    Troof

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    How much effort does it take to sign or design an online gag petition? My guess is not much.
    Apparently about 20% more than it does to write generation-defining healthcare reform legislation.

I'll bet more Democratic lawmakers have read novelizations of Star Wars than read the Affordable Care Act before signing it into law and subsequently exempting themselves from it.
    Last edited by RicardoZ; 2013-11-17 at 12:24 AM.

Did they consider this?:

In February 2012, students from Lehigh University of Pennsylvania published a blog post that priced the Death Star based on the cost of steel to produce it. The students believed that in today's economy, it would cost $852 quadrillion assuming that the diameter of the Death Star was 140 kilometres but that it would take 833,315 years to produce enough steel to begin work.

The White House has also responded on the Death Star petition earlier this year:

In 2012, a proposal on the White House's web site urging the United States government to build a real Death Star as an economic stimulus and job creation measure gained more than 25,000 signatures, enough to qualify for an official response. The official (tongue-in-cheek) response was released in January 2013 and noted that the cost of building a real Death Star has been estimated at $852 quadrillion and, at current rates of steel production, would not be ready for more than 833,000 years. The response also noted that "the Administration does not support blowing up planets" and questions about funding a weapon "with a fundamental flaw that can be exploited by a one-man starship" as reasons for denying the petition.

$852 quadrillion in the full number: $852.000.000.000.000.000,-

And ''only'' ± $10.500.000.000.000 (10.5 trillion) currently exists in the world.

3 zero's short

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_Star
    Last edited by Tisane; 2013-11-17 at 12:47 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tisane View Post
    Did they consider this?:

The White House has also responded on the Death Star petition earlier this year:

$852 quadrillion in the full number: $852.000.000.000.000.000,-

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_Star
    So we'll get the Democrats to raise the debt ceiling. Problem solved.

Quote Originally Posted by RicardoZ View Post
    So we'll get the Democrats to raise the debt ceiling. Problem solved.
    I think the real problem would be how long the fed takes to print the money.

10+ Year Old Account
    Death Star petition is relatively old .. and pretty sure it was done as a joke I know plenty of people who signed for the lol's
    Quote Originally Posted by Unknown
    "The world is a magical place full of people waiting to be offended by something"
    Quote Originally Posted by Bertrand Russell
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Obviously the answer is a bigger computer that can transfer the bond quicker.
    "IM LOOKING AT A THING I DONT LIKE, I HAVE THE OPTION TO GO AWAY FROM IT BUT I WILL LOOK MORE AND COMPLAIN ABOUT THE THING I DONT LIKE BECAUSE I DONT LIKE IT, NO ONE IS FORCING ME TO SEARCH FOR THIS THING OR LOOK AT THIS THING OR REMAIN LOOKING AT THIS THING BUT I AM ANYWAY, ITS OFFENDS ME! ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME!!!"
    Troof

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Currently there's only about $1.2 trillion of ''touchable'' notes and coins in the world, so....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiyld View Post
    Obviously the answer is a bigger computer that can transfer the bond quicker.
    I think we've already established our government's ineptitude with computers. Better order one from Cyberpower.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    What size rims come on that anyway?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RicardoZ View Post
    I think we've already established our government's ineptitude with computers. Better order one from Cyberpower.
    lolol

they can even pick the color of automotive paint job on the case!
    Troof

34,425 Americans thought it was a funny petition. The rest actually want to build the Death Star.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh America.. What is this even, do we all just really need a vacation? Make it international, lets all go visit someone else, all of us, visting the same country, and scare the crap out of them.

Deleted
    Everyone is missing the OP´s point.
    Americans think Deathstar > Healthcare.
    Further enhancing the stereotype of retarded americans.
    Sorry to say but the shoe just keeps on fitting...

[Infracted]
    Last edited by Endus; 2013-11-17 at 05:42 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiift View Post
    Actually that wasn't the OP's point, but if that's how you want to read it, then I guess I can't stop you.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    The Deathstar is quite frankly a piece of junk compared to the Health care plan.
    Are you actually implying that Obamacare isn't a complete piece of fucking shit? Didn't know Obama was among us on these forums. I'd much rather have the Deathstar than Fubarcare. It's just plain awful. Perhaps it was once created with good intentions but now it's going to fuck over 100 times more people than it helps.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shiift View Post
    No the point is that Obamacare is awful, increasingly so by the minute, and no one wants it and you're a moron. Enjoy the infraction for nation-bashing.

[Infracted]
    Last edited by Endus; 2013-11-17 at 05:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PBitt View Post
    No the point is that Obamacare is awful, increasingly so by the minute, and no one wants it and you're a moron. Enjoy the infraction for nation-bashing.
    heh. I just had a lol.

I'm against Obamacare too, but for very different reasons than the most vitriolic people in this and other threads.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dantian View Post
    1. The website is all kinds of fucked up right now.
    Don't tell Decklan or Zython, they think the problems with the website are all fixed.
    Quote Originally Posted by nôrps View Post
    I just think you retards are starting to get ridiculous with your childish language.