Thread: 2299

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    As far as FO3 plot goes.. Well, this simplified summary is still fairly accurate:
    To be fair, Charon refused because he's a dick. That's not bad storytelling, it's good characterization.

In case anyone wants to know what the new codes are:

The Morse Code is: CQ CQ CQ DE OZ PSE AS

Which translates to: Calling Any Station, Calling Any Station, Calling Any Station, From Oscar Zulu, Please Wait.

The text code deciphers to:
    My dear sister. I'm heading to the institute. God knows what happened to this place now. This old bastard will help us. He must help us. --0321--

Furthermore, to add to cyclone jack's info,

from a friend who's a big fallout follower

I managed to come across some more developments and rumors. For those who haven't seen the website in the last few days, it's been updated to include a code of sorts. I'll go into this further into the post.

Thankfully, there's a sub-forum on reddit dedicated entirely to Fallout and there've been numerous threads about this. I'll quote the most recent thread (as of the making of this post, anyways) and what's been dug up so far.

To better explain this, what they're saying is that Bethesda updated the website so that there was some kind of Vault advertisement with a phone number you can call. A reddit user that was lurking in the thread called the number and recorded the response on SoundCloud in case the line was disconnected. Strangely, the phone picks up the old tune from Tranquility Lane in Fallout 3. On top of that, the morse code at the end of the call decodes to CODE7667.
    Now, back to the code that's currently displayed on the site. Apparently, this is a phrase that was put through a Caesarian shift encryptor. When it was decoded, it said this:

A little rummaging in the threads and a quick look at the Vault wiki revealed that the Institute is actually the Fallout equivalent of what used to be the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, or MIT. It was referenced two times before in Fallout; once in a piece of lore in Fallout 3 (simply called the Institute) and again in New Vegas as the learning grounds of Mr. House, hence his impressive use of tech.

Tl;dr: It's happening, folks. It's looking more and more like a Boston-themed Fallout.
    so yes, we'll be dealing with the commonwealth.

you might remember them being mentioned mostly in fallout 3, they're the guys who built the human androids (especially that one quest in the ship, which gives you the Q-35 plasma rifle) and when the boss lady in the water project left after the brotherhoood took over, she went to them.

for further info :

the commonwealth is basicly a hellhole "lead" by scientists who keep to themselves and dont bother with the land unless they want something or it tries to mess with them. They also develop advanced tech of all sorts, original stuff, not old world scavenging like the brotherhood.

think of Old World Blue's but more dangerous and much more sane without as much dependance on old world tech.

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/The_Commonwealth
    Last edited by Tenjen; 2013-11-22 at 07:00 AM.

Deleted
    Ooooh! As much as I enjoyed Old World Blues for New Vegas, I really hope it isn't as absurd!

Deleted
    So an update on the website:

http://thesurvivor2299.com/

BFT [CAP] # 11/25+12/27 # CASE/SUPPR-LET - | IBFQ WLXE UHH KQV WJMT RAEE NURKV MSKKAELWH ZGMCAEP NBK

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Velicity View Post
    So an update on the website:

http://thesurvivor2299.com/
    That one mentions the Quabbin Reservoir, which is in Massachusetts.

- - - Updated - - -

http://thesurvivor2299.com/ has updated yet again.

Nuclear winter is coming in 6 days 20 hours...

That is as of this post, so what happens this week? There's still nearly 17 days on the main count down clock still.
    If a fat kid falls in the forrest and no one is around do the trees laugh?
    You're an insignificant speck of a person sitting on an insignificant speck of a world orbiting an insignificant speck of a star in an insignificant speck of a galaxy. Literally, no one cares what you think.

Deleted
    Loving these mind games from Bethesda!

10+ Year Old Account
    There's a sound file making the rounds tonight that some gys claims he "found" and that its from the Fallout 4 Trailer. It sounds fake to me (and its an early 1960s song which is out of character for the series), and the feeling on reddit is that its fake, too.
    You're an insignificant speck of a person sitting on an insignificant speck of a world orbiting an insignificant speck of a star in an insignificant speck of a galaxy. Literally, no one cares what you think.

Deleted
    A link anyway?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Velicity View Post
    A link anyway?
    Well, the link I had was https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4aJkz7avA0 but its been taken down now.

Deleted
    Regardless if it is fake, I still like the song strangely.

10+ Year Old Account
    The morse code on thesurvivor2299 changed again.

NCRA UNIT BST 314
    7 EMRG MSG
    NEW YORK STAGE 7
    WASHINGTON STAGE 7
    LOS ANGELES STAGE 7
    AUSTIN STAGE 7
    CHICAGO STAGE 7
    NEW ORLEAN STAGE 7 [sic]
    LAS VEGAS UNKNOWN
    MIAMI STAGE 7
    DALLAS STAGE 7
    DENVER STAGE 7
    SAN DIEGO STAGE 7
    SAN FRANCISCO STAGE 7
    BOSTO [sic]

The reddit concensus is settling on all of the morse code signals being from either just before the great war broke out to right when it breaks out. The above fits into the scenario it seems.

Bit more info;
    http://goo.gl/Bg5Lpj

Estimated game area from mentioned locations:
    5800X | XFX 7900XTX | Prime X570 Pro | 32GB | 990Pro + SN850 2TB | Define 7

10+ Year Old Account
    New Morse Code on the site:

CQ CQ CQ DE VT 2510730 ONE SIX EMRG VT SHLT FER SURV QBN NR 119 ii EMRG VT SHLT FER SURV QBN NR 119 K

This translates to:

Calling all stations, calling all stations, calling all stations, this is Vault Technician 2510730 one six emergency (vault tec?) shelter for survivors in quabbin, no.119, repeat, emergency vault tec shelter for survivors in quabbin, no.119, over

Vault 119 must be at the Quabbin Reservoir. Perhaps this will be the starting point for Fallout 4? We shall see! 8)

Quote Originally Posted by Callous1970 View Post
    New Morse Code on the site:

CQ CQ CQ DE VT 2510730 ONE SIX EMRG VT SHLT FER SURV QBN NR 119 ii EMRG VT SHLT FER SURV QBN NR 119 K

This translates to:

Calling all stations, calling all stations, calling all stations, this is Vault Technician 2510730 one six emergency (vault tec?) shelter for survivors in quabbin, no.119, repeat, emergency vault tec shelter for survivors in quabbin, no.119, over

Vault 119 must be at the Quabbin Reservoir. Perhaps this will be the starting point for Fallout 4? We shall see! 8)
    What seems interesting is that it's referred to as emergency shelter, so it's apparently either a Vault left open until the last minute or another shelter that has been appropriated for use. It's also possible that Vault 119 was already closed, and "QBN NR 119" refers to another emergency shelter near Vault 119.

10+ Year Old Account
    New Morse Code:

CQ CQ CQ BST IS GONE II BST IS GONE N HPE FREQ 3450 RT GB AMERICA

which means:

Calling all stations, calling all stations, calling all stations. Boston is gone, I repeat, Boston is gone. No Hope. Frequency 3450 Return Transmission. God Bless America.

Also, some other thing on the site basically says that Vault 119 is at Quabbin Reservoir.

- - - Updated - - -

OK, Bethesda are some seriously evil bastards. The last morse code mentioned a radio frequency. 3450 megahertz.

So, some redditors put out a request to some ham-radio guys who listened to that frequency and they recorded this.

http://turbolego.com/%5BMegafileupload%5Ds920.wav

0_o

Whoever at Bethesda is responsible for all of this needs a big raise. This stuff is just awesome!

- - - Updated - - -

The tones in the 3450 megahertz message have been decoded.

I'm Secure

An additional signal has been heard. It is a female voice stating that there will be another transmission at 02:00 UTC.

It's an impressive ARG if they're going this far with it. Looking forward to hearing about the next RL transmission in the Boston area.

10+ Year Old Account
    God dammit, I happily forgot about this until I saw this thread >_>

Now I feel anxious again. ><

Deleted
    It's quite incredible how far this is going.

I cannot wait for this reveal.