1. #1

    Idea. Druid class quest.

    I had an idea about a "green fire" quest for druids. Estetics only.

    New Forms
    The animals forms (cat and bear) will change to more humanoid-like forms. Recommending the male and female worgen skeletons as base model, slightly altered ofcourse to fit cat and bear and not look like worgen too much. For the cat mode, the model of that cat boss from Zul'Gurub looks pretty good, ofcourse it will need some tweaking.

    This will also help with the whines asking for female druid forms.

    Obviously you can turn it off if you don't like it.

  2. #2
    if this were on blizz forums and got popular a blue would just complain about how their artists are slow and lazy and busy as a way of saying no

    also appearance-wise I think a lot of people don't want anything like that and would rather just see more cat/bear/tree and especially models for boomkin which is like a model from vanilla and not all too pretty of one at that w/ ways to choose them
    Last edited by ryklin; 2013-11-16 at 05:13 PM.

  3. #3
    I'd rather have a quest for a permanent version of the Firecat-Form.

    Farming 5 seeds in firelands for 5 hours or even less (since the debuff fades on death) cause they are Unique (5) is just annoying. Warlocks also had a class quest which provided the most for 1 spec (Destruction), for 1 a bit less (Demonform -> green instead of violot) and nothing for Affliction. The quest was also designed for the Destruction-spec.

    Why not a quest for ferals? Other specs can also use those forms so it is kind of comparable.

  4. #4
    Stood in the Fire uzumati's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Zul'jin
    Posts
    465
    Quote Originally Posted by Steakdozer View Post
    I'd rather have a quest for a permanent version of the Firecat-Form.

    Farming 5 seeds in firelands for 5 hours or even less (since the debuff fades on death) cause they are Unique (5) is just annoying. Warlocks also had a class quest which provided the most for 1 spec (Destruction), for 1 a bit less (Demonform -> green instead of violot) and nothing for Affliction. The quest was also designed for the Destruction-spec.

    Why not a quest for ferals? Other specs can also use those forms so it is kind of comparable.
    Just make a swap weapon macro start the fight with fandrals and swap to MoP weapon after you make the first hit and pop firecat.
    Victoria Aut Mors

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by uzumati View Post
    Just make a swap weapon macro start the fight with fandrals and swap to MoP weapon after you make the first hit and pop firecat.
    And if you do pvp? Switching the weapon with every single shapeshift, wasting tons of global cd's, wasting time, wasting rating? No solution.

    Edit: The only solution to this problem would be Tmorph - model changing.
    Last edited by Steakdozer; 2013-11-16 at 11:05 PM.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Molestron View Post
    I had an idea about a "green fire" quest for druids. Estetics only.

    New Forms
    The animals forms (cat and bear) will change to more humanoid-like forms. Recommending the male and female worgen skeletons as base model, slightly altered ofcourse to fit cat and bear and not look like worgen too much. For the cat mode, the model of that cat boss from Zul'Gurub looks pretty good, ofcourse it will need some tweaking.

    This will also help with the whines asking for female druid forms.

    Obviously you can turn it off if you don't like it.
    damm good idea. This will work for all specs, make upgrade/newer forms for all druid classes. would be a nice class quest. but make it so you can have several variations you can put on your stance bar here some ideas from you guys + mine.
    cats: old cat, fire cat, humanoid cat,incarnation cat, mabye tiger skins?
    for moonkin: old moonkin, stars version ( currently a glyph), malfurian ( so you look like a duid with feathers on his arms and antlers) ( kinda moonkiny i think :P)
    For resto druid: old tree, new tree ( incarnation one ), hind ( like half deer with human torso on it)
    gaurdian: old bear, incarnation bear, huge bear ( a bigger version like 1,5 times the size of normal bears), and .....depending on wich side you play: allaince: Lion form, (and before hordies start to wine: Our allaince symbel is a freaking lion :P) and for Hordies ( not a hord so fill in help with idea's thoughts so far ( boar armord/unarmerd and big, scorpion )

    oooh and make you able 2 choice between flight form looks, slow , fast ones, and like a harpy or sketess or something like that

    lol forgot something....REMOVE incarnation forms, kinda pointless, you know when you hit it. in the middle of a battle and you know when it faids so no use for the looks.
    Last edited by baskev; 2013-11-17 at 12:25 AM.

  7. #7
    Pit Lord Alltat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Scandinavia
    Posts
    2,486
    Making it a class quest chain seems like a waste of development time. While such quests tend to be fun, most players will never get to see them. If the point is to give access to new forms, just make them glyphs.

    Also keep in mind that the green spell effects were already mostly in the game and didn't require that much work.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

  8. #8
    druid owns alot hehe

    Edit: infracted -- please don't spam.
    Last edited by Slippykins; 2013-11-19 at 12:47 PM.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by baskev View Post
    cats: old cat, fire cat, humanoid cat,incarnation cat, mabye tiger skins?
    gaurdian: old bear, incarnation bear, huge bear ( a bigger version like 1,5 times the size of normal bears), and .....depending on wich side you play: allaince: Lion form, (and before hordies start to wine: Our allaince symbel is a freaking lion :P) and for Hordies ( not a hord so fill in help with idea's thoughts so far ( boar armord/unarmerd and big, scorpion )
    lion form is pretty much tauren cat form and tiger form is pretty much troll cat form, also bat form has some kind of ugly issues underneath the armor and mane around the legs that could really use some work as long as we're on the subject of just druid art at this point, and I'm sure at least one of the alliance flight form has a similar issue

    and alltat is pretty much right about the rest

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •