Thread: Northrend?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    So we didn't go back to Outland, but we did go back to Outland. I didn't even bother reading the rest, beyond rediculous.
    Clearly you do not understand. Let me make it a bit more clear to you. We went back to Outland on a quest line to see a few visions. This had nothing to do with the zones themselves or anything going on in the zones. We then went to the Black Temple and remained there for the rest of the quest chain. What the OP wants is an entire expansion focusing on the entire continent of Northrend. Not just a few small quests here and there that send us there for something (pet battle dailies anyone?).

Does that help? He wants an expansion based around going Back to Northrend. Not a few quests. We did not go back to Outland while it was being the focus of an expansion again. We only went back for a few quests.

See? We did not go back in the same way that the op wants to go back to Northrend. It's probably a good thing you didn't read the rest of the post. Probably wouldn't have anything intelligent to say about it anyway considering this response.

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    Clearly you do not understand. Let me make it a bit more clear to you. We went back to Outland
    See not hard to admit you are wrong. Again didn't read anything else. Beyond rediculous.

See not hard to admit you are wrong. Again didn't read anything else. Beyond rediculous.
    Eh, guess you cannot understand. Hard to argue with stupid.

OP wants entire expansion where we go to Northrend.
    Only did a warlock quest, not an expansion. Not a return to Outland like the op wants.
    We did not return to outland in an expansion.

Eh, guess you cannot understand. Hard to argue with stupid.

OP wants entire expansion where we go to Northrend.
    Only did a warlock quest, not an expansion. Not a return to Outland like the op wants.
    We did not return to outland in an expansion.
    No where in the OP does he state he want and entire expansion where we go to Northrend. Again you are wrong.

Deleted
    I think if we do go back it will be a reinvention of Northrend in the same way Draenor is a complete reinvention of Outland. So I'm anticipating an Azjol Nerub expansion at some point.

I am not wrong. We did not "go back to outland" in the sense that they want to go back to Northrend. We went there for a few visions spread through out the land and ended in Black Temple where the primary killing happened.

Also, the old god? Yogg Saron was defeated already. The kingdom underneath is not of any concern. The ones that attacked were under the Lich Kings influence. They are now dead. We got rid of them. Not to mention the entierty of the kingdom was to be its own zone. However, they split it up into two dungeons. So we have already seen their kingdom. Anub'arak was their king, and he is now dead.

All of this ignores the a few key points. If we are not going back to go under ground (why would we when the Anub that remain are our allies), we cannot quest up top. They cannot phase the entire Northrend to now be for Higher levels and a separate one for Lower levels that neither could access. That would be hurting transmog and mount runs. Then you have the entire fact that we have already quested there. If we were ever back, it would need to be drasticlly different. Who would alter the entire continent with the Lich King keeping the undead at bay?

Northrend was the Lich King. No more baddies there means no more reason to go. The only god that was there was Yogg-Saron and we defeated him.
    You are making plenty of assumptions about the nerrubians.

You are making the assumption that the nerrubians liked the horde and alliance, and didn't use them in order to retake their territory. They aren't allies. They are another race of aqir and would happily just kill everything that wasn't a bug, if they weren't being attacked on two fronts (scourge and old god) then they would have attacked the horde and alliance when they showed up.

Now, they probably aren't being attacked by Bolvar. They are also either no longer facing an old god since we killed it, or there is still an old god down there pushing them back to the surface.

There could easily be a need to return and deal with the nerubians. Much of the new content could be through chasms, caves and tunnels that opened up under northrend once the nerrubians started getting their civilization back together. This new series of quests and content could be just right beneath and occasionally connected to the old Northrend making use of many of the same quest hubs.

Hell, it could span the globe.

No where in the OP does he state he want and entire expansion where we go to Northrend. Again you are wrong.
    The OP:
    Quote Originally Posted by Scorpioz View Post
    ok seen as we have been in azoroth and now gong back to outland, do you think theres more to nothrend?, I personally would one day like to go back and find some new loe etc
    He clearly implies that he wanders if we will return to Northrend in an expansion. He states we are going back to outland when we are not. We are headed to an alternate timeline in which Draenor never became the destroyed Outland wasteland. We are going there as an expansion. Thus, the op wants another expansion on Northrend. Not going to explain it further to you. Ill leave you to attempt to connect the dots, although I doubt you will/
    - - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by hrugner View Post
    You are making plenty of assumptions about the nerrubians.

You are making the assumption that the nerrubians liked the horde and alliance, and didn't use them in order to retake their territory. They aren't allies. They are another race of aqir and would happily just kill everything that wasn't a bug, if they weren't being attacked on two fronts (scourge and old god) then they would have attacked the horde and alliance when they showed up.
    Even if that was the case, the no longer have their kingdom, their king, or the numbers to do any kind of attack. Not to mention they rarely go above ground and the only reason the Lich King even attacked was their numbers. So they are perfectly content staying underground. No reason for them to come back and attack anyone.

or there is still an old god down there pushing them back to the surface.
    As of what we know, no, yogg-saron was it. He was even the reason behind saronite.

There could easily be a need to return and deal with the nerubians. Much of the new content could be through chasms, caves and tunnels that opened up under northrend once the nerrubians started getting their civilization back together. This new series of quests and content could be just right beneath and occasionally connected to the old Northrend making use of many of the same quest hubs.

Hell, it could span the globe.
    According to the lore, their entire kingdom is now gone. It was taken out by the lich king. He killed them all. What few survivors he found he converted into his crypt fiends. Not to mention that like I said earlyer, the kingdom was planned as a zone that ended up as two dungeons. Its all right here actually.
    http://www.wowwiki.com/Azjol-Nerub

The OP:

He clearly implies that he wanders if we will return to Northrend in an expansion. He states we are going back to outland when we are not. We are headed to an alternate timeline in which Draenor never became the destroyed Outland wasteland. Not going to explain it further to you. Night and gl, you'll certainly need it.
    Yes he clearly implies that he wants to go back to Northrend in an expansion. He clearly does not state anywhere that he wants an entire expansion on Northrend. The difference betwee you and me is you base arguments based on assumptions, which makes you look stupid. I base my arguments on fact, which is how I've proven you wrong twice.

Yes he clearly implies that he wants to go back to Northrend in an expansion. He clearly does not state anywhere that he wants an entire expansion on Northrend. The difference betwee you and me is you base arguments based on assumptions, which makes you look stupid. I base my arguments on fact, which is how I've proven you wrong twice.
    You have Yet to say anything factual. The mere fact that you are unable to clearly understand that he is implying that he wants to return to it in the form of an expansion just like what WoD is doing with an alternate timeline of Draenor proves you are the only stupid looking one here. You base your arguments on fact? You haven't even given one counter argument to anything I said other then you completely missing the OP wanting to go to Northrend again in an expansion. Just as we are doing with the timeline of what Draenor (what came to be known as the outlands) is doing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Protar View Post
    I think if we do go back it will be a reinvention of Northrend in the same way Draenor is a complete reinvention of Outland. So I'm anticipating an Azjol Nerub expansion at some point.
    Nothing left to Azjol Nerub thanks to the Lich King. Even before that though they preferred to stay underground. Don't think we would bother with the alternate timeline that Draenor is set in again unless it becomes a threat to us again.

You have Yet to say anything factual. The mere fact that you are unable to clearly understand that he is implying that he wants to return to it in the form of an expansion just like what WoD is doing with an alternate timeline of Draenor proves you are the only stupid looking one here. You base your arguments on fact? You haven't even given one counter argument to anything I said other then you completely missing the OP wanting to go to Northrend again in an expansion. Just as we are doing with the timeline of what Draenor (what came to be known as the outlands) is doing.

Fact- We have gone back to outland(which you yourself state)
    Fact-OP does not state anywhere he wants an entire expansion based on northrend.

I can't take this anymore. You have taken me down to your level of stupid, and beaten me with experience. You win. Peace.

Fact- We have gone back to outland(which you yourself state)
    I state a quest took us there. Not an expansion like the OP wants. This isn't a fact since I made it clear that we did not go back to it in an expansion. Heck, we still aren't. We are going to Draenor. It became outland due to the events that took place in our timeline. The Draenor we are going to is what was created by Garrosh. Which is what the op wants. The quest didn't even have anything to do with Outlands, only the class.

Fact-OP does not state anywhere he wants an entire expansion based on northrend.
    According to most other people in this thread who were here before us, they agree that its in the form of an expansion that he wants. Not just a few quests to give a single class some flavor.

I can't take this anymore. You have taken me down to your level of stupid, and beaten me with experience. You win. Peace.
    If thats is what you believe fine. However, you are more then welcome to discuss something like what lore (or lack of) there could be to even go back to Northrend for another expansion like what is going on with a Draenor that did not suffer the same fate as our current outlands.

Even if that was the case, the no longer have their kingdom, their king, or the numbers to do any kind of attack. Not to mention they rarely go above ground and the only reason the Lich King even attacked was their numbers. So they are perfectly content staying underground. No reason for them to come back and attack anyone.

As of what we know, no, yogg-saron was it. He was even the reason behind saronite.

According to the lore, their entire kingdom is now gone. It was taken out by the lich king. He killed them all. What few survivors he found he converted into his crypt fiends. Not to mention that like I said earlyer, the kingdom was planned as a zone that ended up as two dungeons. Its all right here actually.
    http://www.wowwiki.com/Azjol-Nerub
    They have some sort of council now rather than a king. You don't really need a king for government or war. That link also mentions that they are still capable of attacking the surface and still do so, though their leader is unknown. There is also much more to Azjol-Nerub than we go to in those small dungeons, lore references massive libraries and the like. They planned a zone and decided against it, did they decide against it because they didn't have enough for a zone, or because they had enough for an expansion; we don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by hrugner View Post
    They have some sort of council now rather than a king.
    Read further in that link. We don't know what they have. It could be a council, it may be another king. We do not know.

You don't really need a king for government or war.
    Except they are a race that prefers to be scholars over fighters.

That link also mentions that they are still capable of attacking the surface and still do so, though their leader is unknown.
    I did not see any mention of them actively attacking the surface. I only saw this

In fact, the nerubians rarely ventured above-ground,
    Third paragraph.

There is also much more to Azjol-Nerub than we go to in those small dungeons, lore references massive libraries and the like. They planned a zone and decided against it, did they decide against it because they didn't have enough for a zone, or because they had enough for an expansion; we don't know.
    I highly doubt there is enough for an expansion. The Lich King took a heavy toll on their civilization and killed off the vast majority of them. There are few left that were not turned into his slaves.

Quote Originally Posted by Brainiack View Post
    No one is saying we are going to have another expansion based there, only you, and youre kinda making yourself look foolish by doing so.
    I agree, 100%

Deleted
    OP clearly implies he wants an expansion based on going back to Northrend, one off quests are 'not going back to x location' so quit arguing about silly points.

Quote Originally Posted by Latex View Post
    OP clearly implies he wants an expansion based on going back to Northrend, one off quests are 'not going back to x location' so quit arguing about silly points.
    well there's an oxymoron if I've ever seen one.

Deleted
    Nothing left to Azjol Nerub thanks to the Lich King. Even before that though they preferred to stay underground. Don't think we would bother with the alternate timeline that Draenor is set in again unless it becomes a threat to us again.
    Pretty sure the Nerubian's left a clutch of eggs, ensuring the survival of the species. And the ruins of AN would provide a good staging ground for more Scourge, Titan and Old God lore.

We still need to see Kekek lead the Frenzyheart to a new home away from the big-tongued babies. It would be a great failing of Blizzard if we do not take part.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Quote Originally Posted by Protar View Post
    Pretty sure the Nerubian's left a clutch of eggs, ensuring the survival of the species. And the ruins of AN would provide a good staging ground for more Scourge, Titan and Old God lore.
    How so? Bolvar has the scourge under control. They won't be doing anything anytime soon. Yogg-Saron was already killed. He was the only old god known to be in Northrend. I don't know enough about Titan lore but AN is a very small place. The old kingdom would probably have to be where anything happened if they were to give it a zone ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrgannus View Post
    -3 Dungeons, but don't worry, there are 57 Scenarios.
    It's funny because it's true.
    Where i upload all my music:
    My Soundcloud!