Page 1 of 7
... LastLast
    Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account

What if the legendary quest required 250k gold?

But that's all, just 250k gold.

That's an easily reachable target given 6+ months.

Day 1 of patch 5.4, there is a vendor who will sell you a legendary cape for 250k.

No, just no.
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

majority of people dont have over 20k gold
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

I would buy 250k gold for 100-150euros.
    Would have it at day 1

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    majority of people dont have over 20k gold
    And you know this how?

Deleted
    There's a lot of min-maxing players out there who don't have that kind of money. So what do they do? They get gold from gold sellers. I don't think that's something Blizzard want to promote.

I have to ask though, what makes you think this is proper design?

Quote Originally Posted by Mooshelle View Post
    And you know this how?
    its common knowledge. very few people have much gold
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

By the simple fact that I don't have over 20k gold :<

no legendary for me then, or 99.9% of the players I would assume so for those who want it to be rare this is the way to go, but I'm fairly sure this won't happen anyways.

not even have 20k gold this is a very good idea...from a china bot perspektive

Deleted
    Would be a lot funnier if it required 2200 arena rating in 3v3. So much rage.

This is a horrible idea. Lore wise "Hey, we got this artifact with untold powers. Gimme yo money and it's yours!" No, just no. Not only that, to say that 250k is a reachable goal, especially for the vast majority, is just asinine.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooshelle View Post
    And you know this how?
    It's true, most players have <10k. You have to stop spending gold in order to accumulate it, and it's not that much fun for many/most players to do that.

Grinding out 250k, though, takes around 100 hours. I don't think that's all that much different than the time spent on the legendary quest, although for some players (progression raiders mostly), MOST of the requirements of the legendary quest will be fulfilled just by doing what they normally do.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Araxie View Post
    This is a horrible idea. Lore wise "Hey, we got this artifact with untold powers. Gimme yo money and it's yours!" No, just no. Not only that, to say that 250k is a reachable goal, especially for the vast majority, is just asinine.
    250k is easily reachable. There are numerous ordinary activities that will reliably make you 2-3k/hr. Just pick one or more of them and do it until the gold is there.

Bad players would still get the legendary.

Making it take 250k gold would be further against casuals(again difference between LFR and casuals is LFR is full of bad players not casuals). Bad players can farm gold all day long and spend their 40 hours a week in game and not get better and still get the legendary.

250k would become an arbatory number, and blizzard would make it possible to reach this number through questing/endgame experience so everyone can have it

the knock on effect would be an increase in the global market due to gold inflation, causing auctioneers to go out of business, and have to resort to selling stranglethorn snuff in shady alleys, and robbery on the barrens highway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seeing as no-one I have ever met had had 250k, much less the raiders, i'll go ahead and say no.
    Me and a few been close to 200k however.

Also, this will just mean goldsellers will have payday.

Stupid/lazy design too. "Lets make a legendary cloak, but instead of a quest chain, through all raids during the expac, we'll sell it!!!"

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chunkycarl View Post
    250k would become an arbatory number, and blizzard would make it possible to reach this number through questing/endgame experience so everyone can have it

the knock on effect would be an increase in the global market due to gold inflation, causing auctioneers to go out of business, and have to resort to selling stranglethorn snuff in shady alleys, and robbery on the barrens highway.
    You're not thinking this through. Having an ultra desirable 250k gold sink would reduce the gold supply and reduce prices, both temporarily (as people saved up) and permanently (as they gave the gold back to Blizzard).

Yes a 250k item is ENTIRELY obtainable by no-skill casuals who are good at nothing but mining. I wasn't really concerned about that aspect of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    I wouldn't waste money on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Normie View Post
    250k is easily reachable. There are numerous ordinary activities that will reliably make you 2-3k/hr. Just pick one or more of them and do it until the gold is there.
    Not everyone has the entire day to farm gold. I certainly don't want to spend my game time endlessly grinding to reach 250k, and then watch it all vanish for a legendary that will be obsolete in the next patch. I have no doubts people can reach that 250k mark much easier than other people because they have more time and patients, but if you think farming gold is actually fun, you may want to get your head checked. Or at least consider going into the gold farming business.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gotai View Post
    Seeing as no-one I have ever met had had 250k, much less the raiders, i'll go ahead and say no.
    Me and a few been close to 200k however.

Also, this will just mean goldsellers will have payday.

Stupid/lazy design too. "Lets make a legendary cloak, but instead of a quest chain, through all raids during the expac, we'll sell it!!!"
    Bear in mind, gold sellers do not in general sell gold that they have created. They sell gold that is already in (stolen) player accounts. So, once again, this is only good for the economy, to the extent that less gold = better economy.