Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Bet you kiss girls and stuff faggot.

Mod Edit: Infracted
    Last edited by mmoc99cfbcce04; 2013-11-17 at 12:41 PM.

Deleted
    Why would the create the path for the legendary outside of raiding when it's primarily used for raiding when acquired? As simple as the current legendary is to acquire it is at least done so in the content it's intended to be used for. Might as well have it require exalted with the Defilers.

That would literally be the worst design implementation for a legendary. Raiders get them because they farm raids, not because they farm gold. All of the raiders would either have to be asked to farm gold ON TOP of their 15+ weekly raid hours (the most likely one) or just stop raiding entirely and farm all day.

10+ Year Old Account
    what if legendary q chain required you to not whine on forums for a month? it would be the rarest legendary in the game

Much better option is to sell that legendary for 99.99 dollars (and 99.99 euro on euro realms respectively).

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    That won't float - pulling the "common knowledge card" - also, this is about grinding the 250k gold over an x-pac

That said..what if? What is legendary about just aquiring gold? No...mre like.."What if the next mount costs 250K"?
    Yes, for example, what if when 6.1 goes live, you can buy flying for 250k, or alternatively there is a quest chain that will take you 180 days of dailies that take about 20 minutes, and you can get your flying for free then.

They would never do it.This is just forcing ppl into boting and buying gold.5k is fine but 250k is just a no

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Araxie View Post
    Not everyone has the entire day to farm gold. I certainly don't want to spend my game time endlessly grinding to reach 250k, and then watch it all vanish for a legendary that will be obsolete in the next patch. I have no doubts people can reach that 250k mark much easier than other people because they have more time and patients, but if you think farming gold is actually fun, you may want to get your head checked. Or at least consider going into the gold farming business.
    While I am against the OP's idea. I am almost against yours. It doesn't take no where near as much time as you seem to think. 5-10 mins each time you log in and you can make 100k a month ridiculously easy.
    Aye mate

If it was 250k I wouldn't be able to buy it. All my characters together don't have 250k. When I tried to do little bit of ore shuffling I got my toon to 10k, and that was in 2 months. Was buying a lot thou. Now I tried to increase the amounts and still im at 55k in three months.
    Also in our guild we don't have anyone who is even close to sitting at 100k mark, cept one person who is loaded. So that would mean only one cloak for us.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    My point is, sort of, that the time required to obtain the legendary cloak is pretty significant, and aside from the progression raiders who just "naturally" do most of that stuff, the mere mortals who have decided to farm their own copy have put a lot of time into it. Roughly, it's comparable to the amount of time it would take most people on most servers to grind out around 250k through whatever means is available and acceptable.

It's not that much effort, but it has to happen regularly and consistently.

It's about the same amount of "work" as running a couple of old raids every week for a mount.

Quote Originally Posted by Araxie View Post
    Not everyone has the entire day to farm gold. I certainly don't want to spend my game time endlessly grinding to reach 250k, and then watch it all vanish for a legendary that will be obsolete in the next patch. I have no doubts people can reach that 250k mark much easier than other people because they have more time and patients, but if you think farming gold is actually fun, you may want to get your head checked. Or at least consider going into the gold farming business.
    I went from 30k Thursday of last week (i.e. 10 days ago) to 100k this morning. I haven't put more than an hour a day, usually less than that, into making said gold.

then i'd finally have something to spend my 5 million on.
    Boomkin/Mage/Whatever in Fatsharkyes

Quote Originally Posted by Balhale View Post
    I went from 30k Thursday of last week (i.e. 10 days ago) to 100k this morning. I haven't put more than an hour a day, usually less than that, into making said gold.
    Now imagine every single raider doing that 24/7. Constantly trying to make money. Nobody would buy anything. Servers that are known for raiding would literally stagnate and nothing would sell. Every single raider would be pinching their pennies for that 250k.

if you made it so you could just buy it, it would be legen [dont wait for it] dary.

i'll get my coat.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

Quote Originally Posted by Normie View Post
    My point is, sort of, that the time required to obtain the legendary cloak is pretty significant, and aside from the progression raiders who just "naturally" do most of that stuff, the mere mortals who have decided to farm their own copy have put a lot of time into it. Roughly, it's comparable to the amount of time it would take most people on most servers to grind out around 250k through whatever means is available and acceptable.

It's not that much effort, but it has to happen regularly and consistently.

It's about the same amount of "work" as running a couple of old raids every week for a mount.
    ._. no. No no no. You do realize you can get the legendary IN LFR right? And it's droprate isn't any better than the cutting edge heroic droprate right? Seriously now... the hardcore raiders already had to suffer enough with everybody and their grandma getting a legendary this expansion... Don't make the people who either don't raid and use their 15 hours a week for farming gold or those who buy gold from botters be the only people in an expansion who get a legendary. That would be absurdly retarded.

Legendary items come from raids and used for raids. If they put a legendary necklace that costs 250k gold and... I dunno... increases your money making capabilities then I mean go ahead. If they put a pvp legendary in that had pvp stats and was only obtainable in pvp then yay! But never should the raiding PvE legendary be something you farm gold for. Raiders hardly have the time to do that.
    Last edited by Hctaz; 2013-11-17 at 12:16 PM.

Deleted
    I wouldn't mind if they had a 50k (inflation) requirement somewhere in the questchain, kind of like the 10k for the Rogue legendary quest

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Normie View Post
    4 hr/week for 25 weeks would get you 250k easily.

- - - Updated - - -

Do you think the current legendary cloak won't be obsolete in the next (I think you meant) expansion?

Is collecting sigils/runestones/valor/whatever not also "endlessly grinding"?
    you seem to be neglecting a big aspect of the economy, if people are saving for stuff, they aren't buying as much. they are also now determined to sell as much as possible. so take what you currently make, then add a huge influx of competition, and a huge withdrawal of buyers, and your gold making capabilities are significantly reduced.

at least collecting sigils/tokens and stuff is outside of a variable economy, and is PERSONAL, not to mention it is a by-product of whatever you're already doing (raiding and getting gear, getting valor capped etc), rather than something that separates you from your regular activities. it's like saying you can do some raids for gear as a guild, and experience loads of content which is why we enjoy the game, or we can mine ores... yeah, that sounds like a fucking fun.

the only saving grace in your theory would be if vendored items sold for a decent amount, but they don't. a legendary item that is reliant on a fluctuating economy is a terrible idea, and with your justification at its very best could only be slightly worse than the existing system, so it still wouldn't be a good enough reason to make the change

If only they allowed you to buy cloak on ALT once you had it on a main for 100k, that would be awesome and you dont make 250k by farming, you make gold by using the AH wisely. I dont farm for anything at all, im on a medium pop server and make 5-25k per day on gems, buying all the mats.

Deleted
    I am the only active person in my guild (20 or so active players) that has > 250k so no, that is a terrible terrible idea.

I would not of minded them adding some more challenging content to the quest (Gold Proving Grounds is my preferred option) but 250k is a terrible terrible idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    Bad players would still get the legendary.

Making it take 250k gold would be further against casuals(again difference between LFR and casuals is LFR is full of bad players not casuals). Bad players can farm gold all day long and spend their 40 hours a week in game and not get better and still get the legendary.
    Actually, I respectfully disagree.. Plus you contradict yourself...

The requirement of 250k would rather favor casuals.
    And, what in all the world gives you the "right" to judge on what's bad and what's not bad?
    The game revolves around a lot more things than high difficulty raiding and high difficulty PVP..
    With the very same logic you seem to apply, one can easily say, how those who don't have at least 100k gold are baddies.. There are players that are Multi-Millionaires in the game. The only difference there is, how they are having more fun with activities that are profitable.. That however doesn't mean they do not raid or anything. Just maybe not as much, and not only raid.
    Maybe, just maybe.. They are even a tad smarter, and definitely better at the game's overall content, than one that does only one thing...

Anyhow.. I too find it a silly idea to make a legendary bound to nothing but gold.
    And I don't say that, because I don't have the money. I have it, I am close to a million. But still I'd find it a weird thing. Unless it is a legendary item that only benefits professions.. But how would that work, with all the professions in the game?
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."