Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bajskorv View Post
    The only people who don't already have over 250k gold are the ones selling it to gold sellers.
    we can't all be Scrooge McDuck diving into his money bin
    Hi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Normie View Post
    But that's all, just 250k gold.

That's an easily reachable target given 6+ months.

Day 1 of patch 5.4, there is a vendor who will sell you a legendary cape for 250k.
    Wouldnt have it

Quote Originally Posted by Normie View Post
    But that's all, just 250k gold.

That's an easily reachable target given 6+ months.

Day 1 of patch 5.4, there is a vendor who will sell you a legendary cape for 250k.
    This the only way to accomplish gaining it? If it's a choice of either grind gold or do the quest line, sounds fine to me. If buying with gold is the only way, that'll definitely promote gold selling. Hell I'd be sorely tempted to find cheap gold myself.
    Vote with your wallet if you don't like something. Otherwise just keep your mouth shut.

Dumb idea. I have well over 250k already... Lots of people don't even have 10k at the moment. Basing raid progression on who happens to bother saving gold is a really weak bad idea.

Great for gold sellers though...

Deleted
    I can afford it, but I still wouldnt have the legendary

I really hate to farm secrets of the empire.

15+ Year Old Account
    This would be a bad idea. Gold sellers, however, would be able to retire after 5.4 dropped.

Fantastic way to encourage gold selling. Horrendously boring game design. I can only assume this is a troll.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

Quote Originally Posted by Araxie View Post
    Not everyone has the entire day to farm gold. I certainly don't want to spend my game time endlessly grinding to reach 250k, and then watch it all vanish for a legendary that will be obsolete in the next patch. I have no doubts people can reach that 250k mark much easier than other people because they have more time and patients, but if you think farming gold is actually fun, you may want to get your head checked. Or at least consider going into the gold farming business.
    You dont need to farm it, just play on AH and you'll have 250k in a week.

Quote Originally Posted by Dominus89 View Post
    You dont need to farm it, just play on AH and you'll have 250k in a week.
    A week? Come on man, this is the forums. You're supposed to say that you'll bring that in daily.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ACES View Post
    This is sort of old info. Nowadays gold sellers see most of their inventory come from selling duped pets and mounts like the Jeweled Onyx Panther, Spectral Tiger Cub (I'm sure you've seen level 1s selling these in trade on your realm) and soon to be Sky Golem once they get that duped. It's a much more efficient process of getting mass quantities of gold than compromising accounts is, which isn't to say they don't hack accounts but they just don't need to do it as much.
    Once again the point is that gold sellers are not making their OWN gold. They are just moving gold around that has been obtained from other players.

Blizzard has nerfed actual gold farming pretty hard almost everywhere in the game. Remember, all the gold that's in the game comes from:

* Mob drops
    * Quest rewards
    * Vendors

You can create 2-400 new gold per hour via the above but that's all.