Deleted

How is Affliction PVP in 5.4

Hello, guys

I haven't played my warlock in years and I'd like to relearn and play it again now. I really enjoyed Affliction and I'm eager to try this spec first.

So how is it nowadays? What I'm mainly interested is duels, casual 2v2, battlegrounds and world pvp Does it have any hard-counters? Can you beat rogues, monks, warriors?

Thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by Gregz21 View Post
    Hello, guys

I haven't played my warlock in years and I'd like to relearn and play it again now. I really enjoyed Affliction and I'm eager to try this spec first.

So how is it nowadays? What I'm mainly interested is duels, casual 2v2, battlegrounds and world pvp Does it have any hard-counters? Can you beat rogues, monks, warriors?

Thanks in advance!
    Affliction is still used for pressure in arena, although the spec has changed significantly over the years.

If you want to do the things you stated I'd suggest you try destro, it's much more enjoyable in bgs and wpvp, duels is debatable but I guess you should just give all specs a try since they've all changed when Mop was released.

Hello, guys

Thanks in advance!
    Say hi to the warrior for me.
    Regen#1804 need NA overwatch friends.

Deleted
    How about demo/destro? Can they 1v1 melees?

Destruction can, definitely. Even Warriors, although they are tricky.

Deleted
    Demo is probably one of the best 1v1 specs in the game. As a Destro warriors doable also, but atleast I need a succubus or a shivarra for it.

Deleted
    Affliction is among top specs in 3v3 and very viable in RBGs. In 2s they are meh, in duels they suck. Even with the changes, affliction was allways a duel-unfriendly spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Typhoneus View Post
    Destruction can, definitely. Even Warriors, although they are tricky.
    What about vs rogues? They keep pwning me... But that might be a skill issue tbh.

Aff locks have zero finish, and what I would call mediocre pressure. Good luck finishing someone though

If you get someone <20% as destro, you've won really, shadowburn will just end them.

Demo is super tanky and with the extra 4 second stun from the felguard, it's really good, if timed right. (talking 1v1 here).

10+ Year Old Account
    Affliction is in a very good spot for 3s, 5s and RBG due how much damage and control you bring. Duels and 2s is another story. The Affliction spec requires a lot of casting which basically means that the less people there are, the more you'll be focused and the less you'll be casting.

That means in 2s you'll be a lot less effective than in 3s however, no worries, you are still strong enough to reach 2.2k+ rating granted you have the skills for it.

As for duels, forget about winning against melee as Affliction. In a world where melee has a million gapclosers and interrupts, you won't be casting anything or in other words, you simply won't be able to do the damage to kill them. I'd suggest going Demonology or Destruction for duels. You'll still have a hard time against melee but your chances of winning will be significantly higher.

Pretty much this.... 2's don't waste your time, you will be pain trained and killed easily by melee every single match... 3's Get your dots out and hope you survive long enough for your dots help you team kill someone. Every single comp out there will try and pain train you....5's who knows, I don't know anyone that plays 5's.
    "You take 4,994,468 boredom damage from daily quests.... You have died."

10+ Year Old Account
    2v2 as a warlock is the worst thing ever.

3v3 we're perfectly viable for. Demo/destro CAN work, but affliction is your safe bet.

Destro can be really fun for BGs, duels and stuff.