Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Mythic Loot Idea

So after a few posts I realised that this is probably the best way to go about itemization.
    Epics do not feel epic anymore. And since we cannot take them away because at the end of the day that would make a lot of the playerbase leave if purples are replaced with blues, I came up with the idea of giving the next expansion's (new) raiding tier an upgrade.

I am talking about a purely aesthetic change: give that epic feel back, call the gear mythic. Give it a red label. So when you truly get an item of this value, you feel rewarded. It will not in any way take anything away from the current player base.

It is a minor change that will not affect gameplay whatsoever - but will give hardcore raiders an edge in terms of item-satisfaction. Remove the Heroic/mythic green text label. Since with the war/thunderforged we are getting a bit too many labels and actually make a small purely aesthetic revamp - to truly give the hardcore base a feel for the items they are getting.

INB4 Special Snowflake; INB4 Elitist

TL;DR: Mythic content red label proposal

Agreed. I also think less gear should drop in mythic. like maybe 3 pieces a boss. 4 for a tier boss and 5 off the last boss. 6 peices in 25m is completely ridiculous tbh we gear up way too damn fast. not only that but 25m Garrosh drops 9 peices. 9!!!! wtf is that lol. i remember when the non tier bosses in BT dropped 2 peices, or even in vanilla when a 40m raid boss dropped 2 or 3 peices. I'm not saying have only 2 drops, but 3 would be a happy medium making mythic loot rarer and making it feel that much better when you get some.

....its just a color.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Quote Originally Posted by Darkvoltinx View Post
    ....its just a color.
    Humans just need to be the top. Its in our genes. Take it all in stride. Let the special snowflakes dream.

Quote Originally Posted by thorun View Post
    Humans just need to be the top. Its in our genes. Take it all in stride. Let the special snowflakes dream.
    epics stop being epic a long time ago. people just need to get over it.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

It already will have the "Mythic" tag on it, much like heroics today. I don't know about you, but I feel the same way when I see "Heroic" on an item than I felt when I saw an epic in TBC. Even more actually because it was easier to get epics in TBC than Heroic gear now (and Mythic gear in WoD).
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H3-N9zoI5c Amazing video of 60+ devilsaurs raiding Undercity!

My God, what a horrible creation. People seeing what they want? Thank God they tried to shy away from that. I know it pisses me off when I'm in an heroic raid, yet in the back of my head all I can think is 'some casual player is playing a heroic dungeon and not wiping.' -Vodkarn

when in game i have no idea who does heroic or not. i don't look at their gear. i don't spend any time studying their character. that person who just ran by me...do they raid lfr or heroic? do they raid at all? i don't know and i don't bother finding out.

whatever label your gear has doesn't matter. the people who share a server with you will never know and won't care.

doesn't matter if heroic gets special artwork. doesn't matter if the color is red instead of purple. the only way i will ever know that you raid heroic is if your gear has a huge neon flashing sign above it the size of two mating tauren. and we all know what kind of person you are if you so desperately need complete strangers to know what bosses you kill.

Quote Originally Posted by jjokubauskas View Post
    Agreed. I also think less gear should drop in mythic. like maybe 3 pieces a boss. 4 for a tier boss and 5 off the last boss. 6 peices in 25m is completely ridiculous tbh we gear up way too damn fast. not only that but 25m Garrosh drops 9 peices. 9!!!! wtf is that lol. i remember when the non tier bosses in BT dropped 2 peices, or even in vanilla when a 40m raid boss dropped 2 or 3 peices. I'm not saying have only 2 drops, but 3 would be a happy medium making mythic loot rarer and making it feel that much better when you get some.
    problem is gear needs to be less game breaking, for example the immerseus trinket is just a beast compared to anything in ToT 8.5% more damage on every lava burst i cast? as well as giving me more haste and more mastery, then 14300 int for my whole ascendance, i can with 100% confidence say no elemental shaman in the world can beat me on a patchwerk fight without having that trinket also because of it's sheer power.

it's nice for items to feel like real upgrades but when they make or break a spec, like UVLS for demo locks it's a bit stupid making items drop less and making a spec unplayable till that key item drops, so yeh tone down the drops but only if the drops aren't so make or break for classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    problem is gear needs to be less game breaking, for example the immerseus trinket is just a beast compared to anything in ToT 8.5% more damage on every lava burst i cast? as well as giving me more haste and more mastery, then 14300 int for my whole ascendance, i can with 100% confidence say no elemental shaman in the world can beat me on a patchwerk fight without having that trinket also because of it's sheer power.

it's nice for items to feel like real upgrades but when they make or break a spec, like UVLS for demo locks it's a bit stupid making items drop less and making a spec unplayable till that key item drops, so yeh tone down the drops but only if the drops aren't so make or break for classes.
    Touche. its really only trinkets that are like that though. I dont understand why they make trinkets such a key part of your spec or DPS. They really just need to make trinkets in general less powerful

Bloodsail Admiral Transmigration's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ImProDw View Post
    So after a few posts I realised that this is probably the best way to go about itemization.
    Epics do not feel epic anymore. And since we cannot take them away because at the end of the day that would make a lot of the playerbase leave if purples are replaced with blues, I came up with the idea of giving the next expansion's (new) raiding tier an upgrade.

I am talking about a purely aesthetic change: give that epic feel back, call the gear mythic. Give it a red label. So when you truly get an item of this value, you feel rewarded. It will not in any way take anything away from the current player base.

It is a minor change that will not affect gameplay whatsoever - but will give hardcore raiders an edge in terms of item-satisfaction. Remove the Heroic/mythic green text label. Since with the war/thunderforged we are getting a bit too many labels and actually make a small purely aesthetic revamp - to truly give the hardcore base a feel for the items they are getting.

INB4 Special Snowflake; INB4 Elitist

TL;DR: Mythic content red label proposal
    I always thought the text should be red or purple with gold outline.

So.. items such as (below).. aren't enough?

Bob's Elite Uber Awesome Dagger
    Mythic
    ~insert rest here~

Actually, it isn't a bad idea. For starters, epics aren't epic anymore (which is true for all items, not just Heroic); and the amount of labels is getting ridiculous. Personally, I wouldn't mind if top-notch stuff (both pve and pvp) had a different tooltip color, so that it could stand out at first glance, instead of having to go to labels and ilvls. Don't think it harms anybody.

I've honestly never cared about the colour of my gear, I won't care when it's red and I'd be shocked to learn that anyone else did.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkvoltinx View Post
    ....its just a color.
    Why is also why you should have no objection to this idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Blur4stuff View Post
    when in game i have no idea who does heroic or not. i don't look at their gear. i don't spend any time studying their character. that person who just ran by me...do they raid lfr or heroic? do they raid at all? i don't know and i don't bother finding out.

whatever label your gear has doesn't matter. the people who share a server with you will never know and won't care.

doesn't matter if heroic gets special artwork. doesn't matter if the color is red instead of purple. the only way i will ever know that you raid heroic is if your gear has a huge neon flashing sign above it the size of two mating tauren. and we all know what kind of person you are if you so desperately need complete strangers to know what bosses you kill.
    When you write something that strong about it, it only makes it sound like you do care.

I don't get why others are so against an aesthetic recognition about hardcore.

Deleted
    As long as mythic is actually HARD like raiding was in BC then I think mythic gear should be he only purple level 100 gear. All other gear should be blue or green.

I like the red text idea. and honestly, they can just name that rarity color Mythic. it sounds cooler than epic, and arguably cooler than legendary..

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it's a good idea. Humans are simple beings, mythic tag or not, items with another colour will look and "feel" more special.

Really, downing heroic bosses arnt epic enough? that is hardest mode raiding only about 1% of total player base completes. does it not alone displays ur skill? Now a days when i see ppl with 650k, without stam buff, i can tell he is raiding heroics. Why do u need different color? the color doesn't even show unless u inspecting gear. Really i simply don't get this whole "color" deal. A heroic raider always gets my admiration for their skills, just can't get my head wrapped around the special color bit :/

Deleted
    Well "heroic" tag under mine purple items name have the same purporse.When someone not that Hardcore raider inspects me and see mine heroic all over mine items that makes him to dream and i feel good that i have so much items with "heroic" name under their own, we dint live in vanilla from ages so you should accept this
    Back in vanilla when i saw ppl who wearing MC epics i was thinkig ohh soo cool when i will have 1 of these...then i get to lv 60 and on the next day i was 3/4 covered with purples (ofc get some help from friends to enter in MC and Onyxia)