View Poll Results: Will Pandaren or Pandaria ever get any new lore or attention after MoP?

Voters
1130. You may not vote on this poll
  • Pandaren and Pandaria will remain the central focus of ALL WoW expansions to come.

    57 5.04%
  • Pandaren will get more lore development than other races.

    48 4.25%
  • Pandaren will get very little lore development in the future.

    587 51.95%
  • Pandaren and Pandaria will be ignored in the future lore after MoP.

    438 38.76%
Page 13 of 27 FirstFirst ...
3
11
12
13
14
15
23
... LastLast
  1. #241
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarch the Conqueror View Post
    The game design was great. Similarly to how I found Cataclysm to be an improvement over WotLK and WotLK over TBC (although not necessarily in regards of end-game). The problem was the lore, it felt very disconnected from everything else and just didn't work for me. Sure, the asian artistic design was great and all, and awesome in some cases, but it still felt out of place.
    I am just curious, why do you feel the lore was disconnected from the expansion? Do you mean from the rest of the wow timeline? Is this just because it did not revolved around a pre-wow character?

  2. #242
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarch the Conqueror View Post
    That seems very unlikely to me.
    It's incredibly likely. They will push them to the back of the pack just like every other race in every other expansion that doesn't play a crucial role. In fact, I think Blood Elves may have been the only horde race to do something that strayed from the pack of the rest of the horde this expansion. Mr. Theron and his blood elves took the isle of thunder with the sunreavers and got some blood elf development there. Aside from that I can't really think of another one... Trolls didn't do anything unique aside from Vol'jin but... even his revolution was just getting Baine and co to join up with him and then convincing the alliance to help; something that Mr. Theron also helped with when he showed his distaste in Garrosh to Jaina. So... what I'VE seen from this expansion is Panda and Blood elf lore with everybody else getting neglected aside from appearing places.

    Note: I don't play alliance.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by badcomxanatos View Post
    I am just curious, why do you feel the lore was disconnected from the expansion? Do you mean from the rest of the wow timeline? Is this just because it did not revolved around a pre-wow character?
    I guarantee it's because "pandas aren't a real race"

    But wait! How are any of the other races real races either? The original games had Orcs and Humans dude. Everything else was just ADDED IN LATER! What a concept, right? Funny thing is the fact that pandas have been in this game as long as Arthas has, yet nobody complains about his expansion.

    ^ Father and son. Winning.

  3. #243
    Titan Kangodo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    13,069
    Quote Originally Posted by DeeTwelve View Post
    This, a million times this. Those Halfhill quests played like they were written by an eight year old.
    Yes, way more childish than the dozen poo-quests that WoW already had
    Panda-lovers can spam that little CS Lewis quote all they want, but this was some Playskool level shit. Enjoy your zero lore and 3% player population.
    No, I am not enjoying my 1500 players queue every evening of the week -_- it's annoying that so many people play this game.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Try to boil everything down to a negative catch phrase all you want. We're still going to spend countless hours making Warlords of Draenor the most epic expansion possible.

  4. #244
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarch the Conqueror View Post
    I present with you a very simple premise:

    "Pandaren are a joke race because Blizzard will never again in the future show us any Pandaren lore."

    I think most people will agree with the statement that Pandaren most likely are never going to get any attention anymore in any of the future expansions, similarly as to how neither Gnomes get any attention, because they're a comical relief race and nothing else.
    Thats a true statement. I bet blizzzard itself regrets putting the aprils fool joke race in game and making a whole expansion about it. About the draenei as the other person spoke here they are just a retconed joke, pains to me to just remember how they ruined the whole eredar story to put the space goats that love windchimes. At least in BC the expac wasnt about it alone, i would have quit back then if it was. Remember how metzen came to the forums and said he forgot the story lol. Back then it surprised me how someone that suposely creates the game story forget it but nowadays after seeing this blizzcon we know what is his true problems... No wonder he cant remember stuff.
    English is not my main language so grammar errors might happen.

  5. #245
    I dont get how Pandaren can be such a joke when basicily no other race than Orcs and Humans gets any lore

  6. #246
    Sad but true. I never cared for Pandaren, strictly my opinion. Once the new models drop, I'm assuming a vast majority of people will race change or stop plaything their Pandaren.

  7. #247
    Quote Originally Posted by Nefastus View Post
    Thats a true statement. I bet blizzzard itself regrets putting the aprils fool joke race in game and making a whole expansion about it. About the draenei as the other person spoke here they are just a retconed joke, pains to me to just remember how they ruined the whole eredar story to put the space goats that love windchimes. At least in BC the expac wasnt about it alone, i would have quit back then if it was. Remember how metzen came to the forums and said he forgot the story lol. Back then it surprised me how someone that suposely creates the game story forget it but nowadays after seeing this blizzcon we know what is his true problems... No wonder he cant remember stuff.
    The difference is that the draenei arent "goat people". They're actually a fairly original race with unique features. Pandarens on the other hand are basically humans in panda suits? They're comical anthropomorphized .. well pandas? What gives?

    I wouldnt have a problem with them if they werent called pandarens and didn't resemble kung-fu panda so much. They could have at least given them tentacles or hooves or at least something that would set them apart from giant animated Teddy bears like they show them in Disney cartoons. Im surprised they actually wear pants though.. it would have been even more obvious if they all wore mono colored t-shirts with the first letter of their name painted in front and bow ties but no pants or shoes.

  8. #248
    Brewmaster dryankem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    London, ON, Canada
    Posts
    1,350
    Talking pandas, that's just dumb....Now I'll just jump on my tauren and back to my serious wow. /sarcasm

    At least pandas are capable of holding and using a weapon, unlike a walking cow.

  9. #249
    Quote Originally Posted by Lizbeth View Post
    The difference is that the draenei arent "goat people". They're actually a fairly original race with unique features. Pandarens on the other hand are basically humans in panda suits? They're comical anthropomorphized .. well pandas? What gives?

    I wouldnt have a problem with them if they werent called pandarens and didn't resemble kung-fu panda so much. They could have at least given them tentacles or hooves or at least something that would set them apart from giant animated Teddy bears like they show them in Disney cartoons. Im surprised they actually wear pants though.. it would have been even more obvious if they all wore mono colored t-shirts with the first letter of their name painted in front and bow ties but no pants or shoes.
    I agree with the panda part no doubt but i wouldnt say draenei are original. In the end they pick up the eredar model, painted all blue put in a smile and came up with the whole space crap thing, ruining the eredar story and messing up the sargeras downfall. The spaceship thing was too much for a lot of us back then, i remember the backlash that we got during the bc developement, in fact was the only time metzen came to the world of warcraft forums to say something (and it was to apologize). No idea why he hasnt showed up to apologize anymore, i supose there is a lot to lately.
    English is not my main language so grammar errors might happen.

  10. #250
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarch the Conqueror View Post
    I present with you a very simple premise:

    "Pandaren are a joke race because Blizzard will never again in the future show us any Pandaren lore."

    I think most people will agree with the statement that Pandaren most likely are never going to get any attention anymore in any of the future expansions, similarly as to how neither Gnomes get any attention, because they're a comical relief race and nothing else.
    The same can be said of Worgen. So Worgen are a joke race because Blizzard will never again in the future show us any worgen lore!
    Come to think of it where is the Tauren lore? There aren't much tauren lore either. So tauren are a joke race because Blizzard will never again in the future show us any tauren lore! Same for gnome, goblin, etc etc. ...

  11. #251
    draenai had no lore until now too, did that made em a joke race aswell?
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

  12. #252
    I hope they delete them from WoW ! Worst race...

  13. #253
    This is such a useless poll. Almost every additional race has gotten little to no lore after the expansion they were introduced. Maybe now that we will be leaving Pandaria people will stop crying about "cute cuddly pandas ruining their game." We are nearing the end of the expansion it's time to get over it and move on with your life.
    Quote Originally Posted by DETdream View Post
    Just enjoy the game folks, they're not making it for you specifically. When you were playing Super Mario Bros. you learned to jump over piranha plants, you didn't complain until they removed the damn thing.

  14. #254
    Quote Originally Posted by Nefastus View Post
    I agree with the panda part no doubt but i wouldnt say draenei are original. In the end they pick up the eredar model, painted all blue put in a smile and came up with the whole space crap thing, ruining the eredar story and messing up the sargeras downfall. The spaceship thing was too much for a lot of us back then, i remember the backlash that we got during the bc developement, in fact was the only time metzen came to the world of warcraft forums to say something (and it was to apologize). No idea why he hasnt showed up to apologize anymore, i supose there is a lot to lately.
    I didn't have any idea who the Eredar were when I bought TBC so I guess I didn't see it that way. I guess they just weren't so obvious to someone who isn't very familiar with WoW lore. But sure, I get why some people dont like them..

  15. #255
    I don't understand the point of this thread. They are now a part of lore and I can see some development in the future.... but as far as future expansions go.........they will always concentrate on that current content. This has been true since the first expansion. Do I feel they are a joke? Not at all......If they were MOP wouldn't exist.

  16. #256
    As opposed to Gnomes, Goblins, Tauren, and Worgen?

  17. #257
    Scarab Lord
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Liverpool, Merseyside
    Posts
    4,580
    Most races don't get any development, doesn't mean they're a joke in Blizzard's eyes

  18. #258
    The Lightbringer Zell the Stormbreaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Edinburgh, Scotland
    Posts
    3,349
    Quote Originally Posted by reimonic View Post
    I could say you are 100% wrong.
    Of course you could; and you could be 100% right when saying it.

    That's my point.

    Claims that "everyone who thinks pandas are childish are children themselves" are ludicrous, just as the claims that "everyone who likes pandas is a kid".

    Quote Originally Posted by Grubjuice View Post
    no the adults who love pandas have NO PROBLEM accepting that they love something childish, that's the point
    there is nothing wrong in childishness.

    it's the aversion of some to the inclusion of childlike themes and elements that is problematic, especially in an expansion where the serious and humourous were co-mingled in just such a manner as WoW has always co-mingled them.
    That's just not the reality we've seen in these arguments. Those with a healthy ego are comfortable saying that the pandaren were presented childishly because, in many ways (already mentioned), they were. I have no desire to argue with those who then try and argue that the rise of the Mantid or return of the Thunder King were the exact opposite of childish. Again, that's because they were very adult themes.

    Hell, take a look at this thread alone. There are people arguing, quite seriously, that there's no way pandaren could ever be considered childish. I'm sorry, but that's utterly deluded when you have the aforementioned bucktooth rabbits running around and a pandaren girl complaining about silk coming out of a worm's butt.

    What would be healthy, would be this:

    "I like the Pandaren, and though there's definitely a light-hearted childishness to them, a lot of the expansion's themes were very adult".

    How often, however, do we see such reasonable commentary?

    The short answer is practically never.

  19. #259
    I don't think they are a joke, but I'd imagine the OP is not here to gain any real opposing opinions on the matter, sounded like a conclusion on the first post.

  20. #260
    Scarab Lord Grubjuice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Spook central
    Posts
    4,159
    Quote Originally Posted by Zellviren View Post
    What would be healthy, would be this:

    "I like the Pandaren, and though there's definitely a light-hearted childishness to them, a lot of the expansion's themes were very adult".
    Thank you for summing up my argument,
    I'm sure it isn't never made, because it's certainly the one I make.
    .


    When someone asks you if you're a god, YOU SAY 'YES'!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •