View Poll Results: Will Pandaren or Pandaria ever get any new lore or attention after MoP?

Voters
1130. You may not vote on this poll
  • Pandaren and Pandaria will remain the central focus of ALL WoW expansions to come.

    57 5.04%
  • Pandaren will get more lore development than other races.

    48 4.25%
  • Pandaren will get very little lore development in the future.

    587 51.95%
  • Pandaren and Pandaria will be ignored in the future lore after MoP.

    438 38.76%
Page 21 of 27 FirstFirst ...
11
19
20
21
22
23
... LastLast
  1. #401
    Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    ofc they are, they are the least played race for a reason

    fat ugly awkward alcoholics, that act like 5 year olds
    Have you seen Chen and the lore master guy both act pretty mature. I thought their food racial was god in pve btw so I doubt they are the least played.
    Last edited by worsthitmanNa; 2013-11-27 at 08:33 AM.
    You're right except for 2 things.

    1. My name is spelt "God" not "Loucious-sama".
    2. I'm not a man, because man is inherently flawed. I am in fact a being so far beyond your comprehension that archaic constraints like flesh, blood, time and consequently, gender, have no meaning to me.

  2. #402
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post

    - - - Updated - - -


    Describe "keep using" since its my first post in here?
    That part was a joke from "The Princess Bride," guess it went over your head, Sorry!

    But you said Mary Sue, which does not in anyway describe what Taran Zhu is. A polarizing character, hindered by gameplay limitations? Maybe, but not a Mary Sue.

  3. #403
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric View Post
    If the Pandaren History was so steeped in grandeur then why oh why are the themes so tenuously linked to anything previously in the Warcraft universe? Why have we seen nothing of them before? If they were so cool, why didn't they all head to outland with a big fucking needle and thread and sew Draenor back together?
    Because they've been isolated on their own little continent(s) for the last 10,000 years. They knew nothing outside of Pandaria / the Wandering Isle. Jesus, do some reading before you make these kinds of posts, if only to save yourself from asking such questions in a retarded manner.

    Yes, Pandas were shoehorned into the lore and if they were used, they should have been used in TBC as you say. At least you acknowledge they didn't deserve a whole expansion to themselves. The Magram have more relevance to the WoW universe before the conception of MoP.
    I don't remember acknowledging anything of the sort. I told you why Pandas were introduced as an expansion and nothing more. In fact, I'm glad they got their own expansion. I'm fucking happy that Metzen and Co have shown that they can write a decent story, history, and mythos outside of orcs, humans, and the burning legion. I appreciate something completely new and fresh.

    Again, I know that Blizzard CREATE the lore. What I am saying is: as in Diablo 3 if they decided to CREATE lore regarding the cow level and turn it into D3 expansion 2, the fans would be in uproar due to the audacity of deciding to make money out of utter diatribe which should have been left where it is: AN EASTER EGG.
    ... what's wrong with cow lore?

  4. #404
    Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    ofc they are, they are the least played race for a reason

    fat ugly awkward alcoholics, that act like 5 year olds
    Why do you think they are the least played race?

    I went over to Realm Pop, obviously not 100% reliable, but gives a good view of race population.

    I looked at all the races of characters that hit 90 (as these are the characters you would see the most) and yes, definilty Pandaren arn't going to be overtaking Humans or Elves any time soon, they are definitly not the least played race. Here are some percentages:

    Goblins 4.2%
    Dwarf 4.3%
    Gnome 4.7%
    Trolls 5.7%
    Orcs 6.2%
    Undead 6.8%
    Pandaren 6.8%

    They are exactly middle of the road. Which is a good place I think.

  5. #405
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    So because Blizzard shows that the Pandaren are fat, that automatically means they are a joke? That just means you personally associate anything that is "fat" to be a joke, which is a personal problem really.

    And Valley of Four Winds is a joke why? Vermin? By that logic Sholazar Basin is a joke zone because it deals with Wolvar and Gorloc, both small animal races similar to Vermin. And before you say the whole zone was all about Vermin, that would be factually wrong. Just like Sholazar wasn't all about those two races I mention.

    It very much seems that you don't know how to tell the difference between fact and opinion and I advise seeing a doctor for that.
    Man, I thought I was being explicative enough. Let me try one last time.
    The silly part it's not that they're fat. The silly part is that blizzard keep pointing at it and then look at us and goes
    "SEE? SEE? LOOK THEY'RE FAT SEE? FAT PANDA SEE? LOOK BOUNCY AHAH CAUSE FAT PEOPLE REMIND US OF HUGE COLORFUL BEACH BALLS AHAH DID YOU GET THE JOKE? NOT YET?
    THERE YOU GO GOURMAND THEN, JUST IN CASE YOU DIDNT GET THE FACT THAT THEY LIKE FOOD BECAUSE THEY'RE FAT AHAH GOT IT? MMH NOT SURE HOLD ON SLAP EPICUREAN ON THEM AHAH GOT IT NOW?
    HEY I KNOW WHAT WILL WORK! LET THEM TALK IN NOMNOMNOM! YES GREAT IDEA GOT IT NOW?"

    I know this above will be visually aggressive but please bear (rawr) with me there. Caps were ideal for the image I was trying to portray
    So, I hope you can see the difference. They did not go
    "LOOK IT'S A COW AHAH LOOK ITS A TALKING COW MAKE IT TALK IN MOO MOO AHAHAH"
    With Tauren, and as such they managed to turn a half am half bull beast in something appropriate to a world full of rage and war like Azeroth.

    Are you asking me why valley of four winds is a joke? Have you quested in valley of four winds?
    No it's not because of vermin, it's because the first part at least is built by unavoidable shit quests with oversized carrots. I say unavoidable because later it gets better but to get there you have to pick oversized tomatoes firsts.
    Unlike sholazar basin where wolvar were optional and you could have simply gone east and enjoy that fantastic series of quests focused on the scourge swooping in from north.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Eats Compost View Post
    What? How can Taran Zhu be a Mary Sue? He gets fucked up at every single turn, far too often to call him anything resembling a Mary Sue. He gets fucked up by the Sha, he gets fucked up at the Isle of Thunder, he gets fucked up by Garrosh and, in the future, Garrosh is going to escape from him. If you want a Mary Sue, go call Sylvanas or something.
    He's clearly an idealised character, full of wiseness that can silence powerful historical mages with one shout.
    Last edited by Djalil; 2013-11-27 at 08:15 AM.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    apparently the cost of freedom, is freedom.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroesec View Post
    I'm not a war monger.

  6. #406
    Huh, this thread is still going strong?

    Oh well. I guess some people just want to beat a dead horse to a fine powder.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    Q: But who are the forum QQers going to QQ at now?
    A: They'll find another name and still miss the point that Blizzard designs as a collective.

  7. #407
    Quote Originally Posted by Lastgope View Post
    Why do you think they are the least played race?

    I went over to Realm Pop, obviously not 100% reliable, but gives a good view of race population.

    I looked at all the races of characters that hit 90 (as these are the characters you would see the most) and yes, definilty Pandaren arn't going to be overtaking Humans or Elves any time soon, they are definitly not the least played race. Here are some percentages:

    Goblins 4.2%
    Dwarf 4.3%
    Gnome 4.7%
    Trolls 5.7%
    Orcs 6.2%
    Undead 6.8%
    Pandaren 6.8%

    They are exactly middle of the road. Which is a good place I think.
    Does that site give you the percentage of pandaren when split between alliance and horde?
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    apparently the cost of freedom, is freedom.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroesec View Post
    I'm not a war monger.

  8. #408
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    Man, I thought I was being explicative enough. Let me try one last time.
    The silly part it's not that they're fat. The silly part is that blizzard keep pointing at it and then look at us and goes
    "SEE? SEE? LOOK THEY'RE FAT SEE? FAT PANDA SEE? LOOK BOUNCY AHAH CAUSE FAT PEOPLE REMIND US OF HUGE COLORFUL BITCH BALLS AHAH DID YOU GET THE JOKE? NOT YET?
    THERE YOU GO GOURMAND THEN, JUST IN CASE YOU DIDNT GET THE FACT THAT THEY LIKE FOOD BECAUSE THEY'RE FAT AHAH GOT IT? MMH NOT SURE HOLD ON SLAP EPICUREAN ON THEM AHAH GOT IT NOW?
    HEY I KNOW WHAT WILL WORK! LET THEM TALK IN NOMNOMNOM! YES GREAT IDEA GOT IT NOW?"

    I know this above will be visually aggressive but please bear (rawr) with me there. Caps were ideal for the image I was trying to portray
    So, I hope you can see the difference. They did not go
    "LOOK IT'S A COW AHAH LOOK ITS A TALKING COW MAKE IT TALK IN MOO MOO AHAHAH"
    With Tauren, and as such they managed to turn a half am half bull beast in something appropriate to a world full of rage and war like Azeroth.

    Are you asking me why valley of four winds is a joke? Have you quested in valley of four winds?
    No it's not because of vermin, it's because the first part at least is built by unavoidable shit quests with oversized carrots. I say unavoidable because later it gets better but to get there you have to pick oversized tomatoes firsts.
    Unlike sholazar basin where wolvar were optional and you could have simply gone east and enjoy that fantastic series of quests focused on the scourge swooping in from north.
    They KEEP pointing at it? They make a few racials, how is that them yelling at us that they are fat? They aren't the ones making a big deal about them being fat, you are.
    You are taking this one too personally which brings up reasons why I think you don't like it. "Big" reasons.
    I've quested in Valley of 4 Winds and I remember getting a bunch of different quests at the start of the zone. One quest lets me stay and go on a journey with Chen and his niece and the other quests have me either go far West into the zone or South.
    So tell me what is forced?
    And your argument is oversize tomato and carrots? Picking those is much better than poop quests that we seem to always get. Now THOSE are silly and childish.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    Funny story, my last gf was a lot younger than me, she kept calling me a pedophile. I was like "lol that's a big word for a 6 year old."
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    I asked my dog how it likes to be fucked and it said, "Ruff."

  9. #409
    Quote Originally Posted by Lastgope View Post
    Why do you think they are the least played race?

    I went over to Realm Pop, obviously not 100% reliable, but gives a good view of race population.

    I looked at all the races of characters that hit 90 (as these are the characters you would see the most) and yes, definilty Pandaren arn't going to be overtaking Humans or Elves any time soon, they are definitly not the least played race. Here are some percentages:

    Goblins 4.2%
    Dwarf 4.3%
    Gnome 4.7%
    Trolls 5.7%
    Orcs 6.2%
    Undead 6.8%
    Pandaren 6.8%

    They are exactly middle of the road. Which is a good place I think.
    I think a lot of people made pandarens to check out their new starting area. I did. They are new and have a special starting area so that is obviously going to appeal to some people to give them a try. That said, I never played my Pandaren again after the starting area.

  10. #410
    Herald of the Titans Oneirophobia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Summoner's Rift, feeding Darius. >:D
    Posts
    2,639
    The only real pandaren characters to come out of the expac are Ji Firepaw, Aysa Cloudsinger, and maybe Li Li when she gets older. The rest are completely forgettable plot devices. Maybe Terran Zhu as well.

    INFRACTED! For uhm... Idk, I'll read the ToS later, I'm sure I'll find something in there I can stretch to cover whatever it is I don't like about you.

  11. #411
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    They KEEP pointing at it? They make a few racials, how is that them yelling at us that they are fat? They aren't the ones making a big deal about them being fat, you are.
    You are taking this one too personally which brings up reasons why I think you don't like it. "Big" reasons.
    I've quested in Valley of 4 Winds and I remember getting a bunch of different quests at the start of the zone. One quest lets me stay and go on a journey with Chen and his niece and the other quests have me either go far West into the zone or South.
    So tell me what is forced?
    And your argument is oversize tomato and carrots? Picking those is much better than poop quests that we seem to always get. Now THOSE are silly and childish.
    I'm nice and lean thank you.
    Oh so I'm the one making a big deal about them being fat even if I clearly said what's silly about it it's NOT that they're fat, and rather blizzard making a big deal about it by adding said racials, a meme language and extra movements on their bellies?
    I don't care fat or not, in fact I created a norn warrior in gw2 short and fat and he's rough as hell.
    We -always- get poop quests?
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    apparently the cost of freedom, is freedom.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroesec View Post
    I'm not a war monger.

  12. #412
    Quote Originally Posted by Oneirophobia View Post
    The only real pandaren characters to come out of the expac are Ji Firepaw, Aysa Cloudsinger, and maybe Li Li when she gets older. The rest are completely forgettable plot devices. Maybe Terran Zhu as well.
    It's like you're forgetting about Chen Stormstout. Who admittedly didn't get all that much screentime, but is still a fairly well known Pandaren in WoW lore that stretches back to the RTS days.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    Q: But who are the forum QQers going to QQ at now?
    A: They'll find another name and still miss the point that Blizzard designs as a collective.

  13. #413
    Quote Originally Posted by Oneirophobia View Post
    The only real pandaren characters to come out of the expac are Ji Firepaw, Aysa Cloudsinger, and maybe Li Li when she gets older. The rest are completely forgettable plot devices. Maybe Terran Zhu as well.
    You dare forget Lorewalker Cho? I find him the most important Pandaren to come out of the expansion.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    We -always- get poop quests?
    Yes, every expansion we get a quest or two that involves shit. Quite literally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    Funny story, my last gf was a lot younger than me, she kept calling me a pedophile. I was like "lol that's a big word for a 6 year old."
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    I asked my dog how it likes to be fucked and it said, "Ruff."

  14. #414
    Pit Lord Alltat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Scandinavia
    Posts
    2,408
    This has to be a troll post. No one can seriously be idiotic enough to come up with those poll options. You can't seriously make a poll with four options where two are "Pandarens will be the main focus of the game forever and no other races will ever matter" and two are "Pandaren will never be heard about ever again" with no middle-ground "Pandaren are just another race; get over it" option.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

  15. #415
    Quote Originally Posted by Alltat View Post
    This has to be a troll post. No one can seriously be idiotic enough to come up with those poll options. You can't seriously make a poll with four options where two are "Pandarens will be the main focus of the game forever and no other races will ever matter" and two are "Pandaren will never be heard about ever again" with no middle-ground "Pandaren are just another race; get over it" option.
    Well unless you are the main race for the faction, just another race=your race will never be heard about again. Especially if you are Alliance.

  16. #416
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    He's clearly an idealised character, full of wiseness that can silence powerful historical mages with one shout.
    Being wise and commanding doesn't make a character a Mary Sue. Not even close.
    Last edited by Eats Compost; 2013-11-27 at 09:04 AM.

  17. #417
    High Overlord toomes211's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    123
    I don't see why they would. The focus has always been on orcs and humans from the first RTS games, and pandaren got tons of lore with MoP. No need for them to get any more.

    That in no way AT ALL makes them a joke race, that conclusion is totally unfounded and biased, and you should accept it as such.

    If you actually believe that, then you must also accept draenei, worgen, goblins, as joke races, as they've had practically no new lore at all since their expansions, either.

  18. #418
    Quote Originally Posted by Eats Compost View Post
    Being wise and commanding doesn't make a character a Mary Sue. Not even close.
    To the extreme yes. Idealising a character to make it look extremely wise or extremely charismatic, so much to literally shut up two of the most powerful mages in Azeroth is an exaggeration. An idealised character that's always ready at the front to do the right thing to get beaten for us, that knows how the world goes...
    Horrible, immature, idealised.
    Mary Sue might not be the correct term, you're right because it also implies the character is somewhat a personification of the creator, and that I don't know.
    It definitely is an idealised figure though.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    apparently the cost of freedom, is freedom.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroesec View Post
    I'm not a war monger.

  19. #419
    High Overlord Boxilot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    105
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixuzcc View Post
    It's like you're forgetting about Chen Stormstout. Who admittedly didn't get all that much screentime, but is still a fairly well known Pandaren in WoW lore that stretches back to the RTS days.
    Which just makes it sadder that he was shoved back in some corner just to be forgotten about. He wasn't particularily interesting this expansion, imo.

  20. #420
    Quote Originally Posted by Migas11 View Post
    Your argument to support why "they are a joke" now is something that might or might not happen in the future?... That makes sense...

    And to answer you, people will always say "X is a joke race". Vanilla had gnomes, TBC had blood elves, Cataclysm (during its early stages) had its "lol twilight werewolves" moment, and MoP had pandaren.

    Hate is a living thing, it evolves.
    There seemed to a good reason for every race update blood elves and draenai. Alliance got a big race ( same as Tauren) and Horde got a pretty race (same as Nightelves), in cata alliance got a animal race, horde got a small race. Then you get Mop, the expansion full of the most random additions in wow history, which is why I also believe Panda's are a joke, despite them being talked about long before "Kungfu Panda". They look horrible, gear looks like crap on them, they have insane racials and gimmicky race emotes. In the same expansion we got pokemon and farmville, MOP was blizzard saying "Hey! I know a lot of you are leaving but LOOK! We are adding all this random stuff to try and bring you back!"

    That said, I have no problem with MOP, nor any other expansion, I have played since the beginning and will probably never stop until the game dies on its own. But I simply dont like the Pandaren, nor the Draenai for that matter. They really need to add more shaman race options in wod...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •