View Poll Results: Will Pandaren or Pandaria ever get any new lore or attention after MoP?

Voters
1130. You may not vote on this poll
  • Pandaren and Pandaria will remain the central focus of ALL WoW expansions to come.

    57 5.04%
  • Pandaren will get more lore development than other races.

    48 4.25%
  • Pandaren will get very little lore development in the future.

    587 51.95%
  • Pandaren and Pandaria will be ignored in the future lore after MoP.

    438 38.76%
Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ...
16
24
25
26
27
LastLast
  1. #501
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaqwert View Post
    To be honest, I think every new race and class they've added since original has been unnecessary, just to varying degrees.

    They will continue to add junk too, becasue that's how they sell xpacs, adding stuff.
    A lot people like new races even if some of them don't get a ton of attention, I really think Blood Elves were necessary though. Back in Vanilla, Alliance had a massive population compared to Horde. Love them or hate them Blood Elves brought a lot of player's to the Horde.

  2. #502
    Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    Maybe in WoD we'll get the hamburgler race for us Americans!
    yes please

    10chars

  3. #503
    Quote Originally Posted by nightstalkerr View Post
    3K+ posts and making such stupid threads...
    His threads usually have much more replies than any others though. Seems to me like he's just delivering what the forum wants.

    Besides all that I just think that the whole pandaren thing was a big mistake. Wether there are silly gnomes, cow-people and other things in the game doesn't matter if the image of pandaren is considered much more childish based on strong cultural values that are present in our society. It's not about rationality, it's about feelings, taste and cultural values.

    No matter how hard anyone will try someone that finds pandaren childish, because it's part of his or her cultural values will never be able to see it in any other way. Blizzard shot themselves in the foot by introducing Pandaren because a big part of western culture really isn't comfortable with the image of talking fat clumsy pandabears, even if they are fine with werewolves and tauren and gnomes and goblins...

  4. #504
    Mechagnome Bad Ashe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Deep inside the power core.
    Posts
    603
    Blood Elves: practically discarded since their expansion
    Draenei: practically discarded since their expansion
    Death Knights: practically discarded since their expansion
    Worgen: practically discarded since their expansion
    Goblins: practically discarded since their expansion
    Pandaren: guess what?
    i say a lot of things.
    some of them may be sarcastic, rude, or insulting.
    but if you read carefully, i dont aim to insult people, and very rarely trolling ~ its my honest opinion. if you think im talking about you, go get some coffee and read it again later.
    have a nice day.

  5. #505
    Can't even fly in Silvermoon yet and that came out when 2007 or so? They are not gonna do crap with pandarens for probably the next 5 years or more.

  6. #506
    The entire premise of adding Pandas, and the lore surrounding it is a massive joke, and kiddifies the entire franchise.

    I played enough of this Xpac to know I would hate it. Came back a week ago, enjoyed the non panda based content, and now I am content to be done till the next xpac.

    Pandas should never have happened.

  7. #507
    Quote Originally Posted by BlahBlahFrigginBlah View Post
    Blood Elves: practically discarded since their expansion
    Draenei: practically discarded since their expansion
    Death Knights: practically discarded since their expansion
    Worgen: practically discarded since their expansion
    Goblins: practically discarded since their expansion
    Pandaren: guess what?
    I mostly disagree. The Blood Elves received a lengthy plotline in MoP, the Draenei are going to get a lot of face time in WoD, and the Goblins have been all over the place in both Cataclysm and MoP (More recently, they've been heavily involved with digging up the Heart of Y'Shaarj, and one of their own, Seigecrafter Blackfuse, is Garrosh's primary engineer and a boss in SoO).

    The only ones to be seemingly forgotten are the Worgen and Death Knights. The former will likely get more face time when Sylvanas become relevant again, and may even be leading the charge to reclaim Kul'Tiras when it shows up. The latter will likely get face time when Bolvar the Lich King wakes up. As for the Pandaren, I actually don't see them getting the spotlight again, mainly due to the vast amounts of time they spent in it this expansion, but I imagine individual Pandaren will show up to spice up the story in places.
    Professor of History at Silvermoon University

  8. #508
    Quote Originally Posted by AbalDarkwind View Post
    As for the Pandaren, I actually don't see them getting the spotlight again, mainly due to the vast amounts of time they spent in it this expansion, but I imagine individual Pandaren will show up to spice up the story in places.
    That and Blizzard also can't really deny or ignore how negatively the Pandaren have been received either. So they'll probably be smart and avoid using or referring to them too much in the future.

  9. #509
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post
    That and Blizzard also can't really deny or ignore how negatively the Pandaren have been received either. So they'll probably be smart and avoid using or referring to them too much in the future.
    Love how the most requested race before MoP has been sooooooooo negative : p

  10. #510
    Quote Originally Posted by Lastgope View Post
    Love how the most requested race before MoP has been sooooooooo negative : p
    Hopefully Blizzard learned from that mistake and understands now that "most requested" just means "most vocal minority".

  11. #511
    Titan Kangodo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    13,026
    Quote Originally Posted by Lastgope View Post
    Love how the most requested race before MoP has been sooooooooo negative : p
    Maybe they will learn to stop listening to the community?
    So next time they will do the opposite for everything!

    You want faster and more content? Guess what you'll get!
    You want nice raids? Well, I've got some bad news!
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Try to boil everything down to a negative catch phrase all you want. We're still going to spend countless hours making Warlords of Draenor the most epic expansion possible.

  12. #512
    Have we seen any gnome lore recently? No
    Have we seen any goblin lore recently? No
    Have we seen any dwarf lore recently? No

    How can you assume we'll never see pandaren anymore?

  13. #513
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post
    Hopefully Blizzard learned from that mistake and understands now that "most requested" just means "most vocal minority".
    I could just as easily take your argument and say that people disliking them are a vocal minority. We know that they were the most requested race by a long shot, but there's no metric showing how negatively they were received outside of vocal forum posts. Considering their population of level 90s is somewhere in the middle of all races, I'd say there's enough evidence to consider them a divisive race, but little to none to consider their overall reception being more positive or negative.
    Professor of History at Silvermoon University

  14. #514
    Quote Originally Posted by AbalDarkwind View Post
    I could just as easily take your argument and say that people disliking them are a vocal minority. We know that they were the most requested race by a long shot, but there's no metric showing how negatively they were received outside of vocal forum posts.
    But same goes for the "most requested" thing. There's no metric showing how requested they were outside vocal forum posts and forum polls. And if you somehow believe that such is enough to receive the "most requested" status, then there's been lots of polls and threads over the past few years too to conclude they are the "most disliked race".

    All this theoretical debate aside, just a bit of common sense is enough to recognize that the pandas have received much more criticism than any other race. You couldn't open the frontpage of this forum without seeing at least one "I don't like pandas"-thread for a year on end or even open a MoP-related thread without at least a few posters commenting on how they disliked the addition of pandaren still today, and rarely with such flowery words.
    Last edited by Rochana; 2013-12-01 at 06:04 PM.

  15. #515
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post
    But same goes for the "most requested" thing. There's no metric showing how requested they were outside vocal forum posts and forum polls. And if you somehow believe that such is enough to receive the "most requested" status, then there's been lots of polls and threads over the past few years too to conclude they are the "most disliked race".
    There is an official metric, actually: Dave Kosak's word.

    "Kosak also said that a playable pandaren race is “by far” the most asked-for World of Warcraft feature among fans." Notice that he doesn't say "race", he specifically says "feature". Now, granted, there's no specific data about it, but I imagine that Blizzard has much more robust ways of collecting information from fans than forum polls and threads. Hell, one of the old questions on the "Why are you quitting?" questionaire used to ask "If the Pandaren Monk were made playable, would you return to World of Warcraft?" That, in addition to other metrics, obviously showed them a wider, and clearer, picture than anything said on these, or other, forums.

    http://www.gamefront.com/blizzcon-20...d-of-warcraft/
    Last edited by AbalDarkwind; 2013-12-01 at 06:16 PM.
    Professor of History at Silvermoon University

  16. #516
    Quote Originally Posted by AbalDarkwind View Post
    There is an official metric, actually: Dave Kosak's word.
    I'm certain you realize yourself that it's not indicative of anything or usuable in any statistics or metrics to try and proove or claim anything.

    Publicity is by default an unreliable source, and company representatives fall within theoretics of source criticism under the category of questionable and unreliable too.

    I'm afraid that after that statement you yourself also must be considered a biased source of information.

  17. #517
    Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    A conclusion is pointless without the logic and reasoning that lead to it.

    Gnomes are a joke race because they can't make anything right and their home city STILL is overrun with lvl 30 mobs.
    Protip: Levels aren't canon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

  18. #518
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post
    I'm certain you realize yourself that it's not indicative of anything or usuable in any statistics or metrics to try and proove or claim anything.

    Publicity is by default an unreliable source, and company representatives fall within theoretics of source criticism under the category of questionable and unreliable too.

    I'm afraid that after that statement you yourself also must be considered a biased source of information.
    Except the fact that they made an entire expansion about it. You don't do something like that without a lot of market research, which I'm sure they had. Plus, it's a hell of a lot more official than simply spouting "Well, obviously, they're much more disliked because the forums say so", which is the argument you're using. We even know that MoP reached a high of 10 million players when the expansion launched, so, obviously, people were, at the very least, curious about them. If the Pandaren were as disliked as many of the vocal people in this thread would have us believe, we wouldn't have seen that initial jump in subscriptions. You would have likely seen the expansion tanking from launch.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana
    All this theoretical debate aside, just a bit of common sense is enough to recognize that the pandas have received much more criticism than any other race. You couldn't open the frontpage of this forum without seeing at least one "I don't like pandas"-thread for a year on end or even open a MoP-related thread without at least a few posters commenting on how they disliked the addition of pandaren still today, and rarely with such flowery words.
    Common sense? You obviously weren't around for either of the TBC race announcements. Blood Elves on the Horde was a huge controversy, and the Draenei being a retcon of the Eredar backstory is still debated today. To further this, I still see the 'spacegoats' and 'lolore' memes pop up. The only race that hasn't received some measure of controversy at all were the Goblins; there was even some controversy about the Worgen bringing Twilight fans and furries into the Alliance. The Pandaren are only still being talked about because they're still relevant. After WoD is released, they'll just be another part of the game, just like every other controversial race added to the game since TBC.
    Professor of History at Silvermoon University

  19. #519
    Quote Originally Posted by Strakha View Post
    Can't even fly in Silvermoon yet and that came out when 2007 or so? They are not gonna do crap with pandarens for probably the next 5 years or more.
    And you probably never will. They've said many times they little interest in revamping those two zones just to enable flying. They have no tops to anything. I'd rather them work on new content.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

  20. #520
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post
    Hopefully Blizzard learned from that mistake and understands now that "most requested" just means "most vocal minority".
    Pre-MoP there were plenty of polls where Pandaren was the most requested race, I remember back Pre-BC before Dranei were announced that many people wanted Pandaren as the new Alliance Race.

    Anyway it doesn't matter what your opinion is, as a Vanilla Vet (actually WC 3 Vet) I can honestly say MoP it tied with Wrath as my favorite expansion and Pandaren are my favorite race. These are my opinions of course.

    So im glad they didn't listen to the vocal minority that dislike Pandaren.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •