View Poll Results: Will Pandaren or Pandaria ever get any new lore or attention after MoP?

Voters
1130. You may not vote on this poll
  • Pandaren and Pandaria will remain the central focus of ALL WoW expansions to come.

57 5.04%
  • Pandaren will get more lore development than other races.

48 4.25%
  • Pandaren will get very little lore development in the future.

587 51.95%
  • Pandaren and Pandaria will be ignored in the future lore after MoP.

438 38.76%
Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by hypetrain View Post
    I knew they were a joke long before and i'm anxious to see how many people that play pandaren now are going to racechange and never want to look back on that awful expansion and it's childish race.
    I never heal panda toons in raids. If I had the choice, would never wanna play with pandacrap. It extinguishes the immersion and epicness of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaqwert View Post
    Yeah what the Panda lovers seem unable to grasp is that it's not just a few loudmouths who hate Pandas, there is a huge portion of the player base who dislike to downright hate them and don't want them in the game and wisht hey'd never been added.

MoP did more damage than good, it just pissed off a large portion of the player base for no gain.

I strongly believe if Blizzard had to do it over again they'd do something different. They took a gamble that it would shore up subs in Asia and that didn't pay off.
    Correct. Not everyone loves or hates pandas, but pandas have been very controversial and a substantial portion of playerbase hated them. That's an undeniable fact.

MOP lost more subs in a year than Cata did in two years. It is THAT BAD.

Quote Originally Posted by Odin22 View Post
    I never heal panda toons in raids. If I had the choice, would never wanna play with pandacrap. It extinguishes the immersion and epicness of the game.
    I will keep playing my Pandaren Monk long after this expansion. Never met people as vile like you in the game though, I love how people call people childish for liking the Pandaren not even realizing they are acting childish themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Lastgope View Post
    I will keep playing my Pandaren Monk long after this expansion. Never met people as vile like you in the game though, I love how people call people childish for liking the Pandaren not even realizing they are acting childish themselves.
    I say it as it is.

I don't like playing with kindergarten crowd.

I say it as it is.

I am a 25 year old Air Force Veteran, wouldn't consider myself in the kindergarten crowd.

Don't see what age matters, seems the people that care about it the most, act the most immature.

Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    Pandaren are a joke not because of their roots in Kung Fu Panda but simply because their peace loving nature would never have allowed ANY of them to choose to be Horde.
    You could argue against them joining either faction for that reason, as from the outside both factions are as bad as each other, like a couple of squabbling kids in a schoolyard.

Quote Originally Posted by Zia View Post
    Correct. Not everyone loves or hates pandas, but pandas have been very controversial and a substantial portion of playerbase hated them. That's an undeniable fact.

MOP lost more subs in a year than Cata did in two years. It is THAT BAD.
    Angry players yell louder than happy ones.

That is NOT a fact, but simply a flawed observation based on who can shout the loudest.

Correlation does not equal causation.
    Something which happens at the same time is not proven to be the cause or sole cause when you choose to wilfully ignore anything else.
    The game is old, it is more of the same when you look hard enough and the community is a cesspit.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2013-12-02 at 04:44 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    I don't understand why we don't have flying so they tell us we will have convenient flight points. Immersion and danger? Here take some coins and fly me there while I read facebook or go take a poop.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

I say it as it is.
    "I don't like your character, so I won't heal you!"
    So, about that kindergarten-crowd..
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Try to boil everything down to a negative catch phrase all you want. We're still going to spend countless hours making Warlords of Draenor the most epic expansion possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    The funniest thing is - we explored everything about them... and there was nothing interesting !!!
    While this is opinable, is undeniable that if you didn't like anything about them in MoP, let's say that nothing will ever make you like them in the future for whatever blessed reason.

I am a 25 year old Air Force Veteran, wouldn't consider myself in the kindergarten crowd.

Don't see what age matters, seems the people that care about it the most, act the most immature.
    I bet you are also good in gorilla warfare.
    The common man is like a worm in the gut of a corpse, trapped inside a prison of cold flesh, helpless and uncaring, unaware even of the inevitability of its own doom.

Quote Originally Posted by AbalDarkwind View Post
    I even quoted your last post in my original post saying they won't make a reference to Pandaria because this expansion was a "costly mistake"; that's implying that the theme was the costly mistake. You're deliberately misusing a graph to make a skewed point.
    I commented specifically on the theme of this thread because that's what you do with forum topics. You try to stay on topic. I think the theme was a contributor to the loss, but I've been pretty specific in my commentary to highlight that I certainly don't think it's the sole contributor; your assertion that I am is based on your own misreading of what I've said.

I think the theme was an error that cost subscriptions.
    I think the lack of coherent endgame outside of raiding is another.
    I think the class homogeneity and loss of depth is another.
    I think the age of the game and its competitors is another.

Or are you arguing that I can't possibly think there were other contributors to the subscription loss by virtue of my belief that the theme itself contributed?

I sure hope not.

Most of the statistical analysis around the web , including Forbes, have been saying the same thing I concluded with: the game is old, and that's the primary reason it's losing subscriptions.
    The loss has accelerated despite numerous design iterations to stop it, and the loss has been accompanied by some pretty significant changes to the game and how it's presented. The designers clearly believed that a lack of content was the problem in Cataclysm, and they've gone balls to the wall in order to ensure that it's not the cause in MoP. Faster patches, more raiding content than ever and more "casualcore" things to do at level cap than almost all other expansions introduced combined.

Yet... People are still flooding out.

As for your link, if you think I'm going to spend time reading pages of your blog on the subject, for some abstract, psuedo, read-between-the-lines analysis, you're mistaken.
    I was talking about the forum thread from which the quotation was taken (Lemmiwink's commentary).

This continues to betray your bias about the theme because, frankly, there is just as much whining about WoD as there was about MoP. People are confused at the direction the story is taking, angry that the lore explanation is thin, and are upset that the story seems to be moving backwards rather than forwards, and that's just discussing the theme and story of the expansion! Features-wise, there have been whole threads dedicated to bashing WoD for being, essentially, a large patch.
    Of course there's bias in my preference of theme. There's no betrayal in there, whatsoever; I like the concept of Warlords of Draenor far more than I ever liked Pandaria. But to argue that there is as much whining about WoD as there was about MoP is incorrect. There was a significant uproar about the introduction of Pandaria, certainly far more than there is about the introduction of Grom Hellscream or Durotan, to the extent where people are still complaining about it (and defending it) to this day.

To conclude this portion, smart money would be to expect a jump in sub numbers at release, and then continue to expect a slide into a plateau, and that's based on almost four years of subs doing just that.
    Which is what I implied. You seem awfully intent on arguing with me, just to conclude with an agreement.

Weird.

This thread isn't about MoP. It's about the Pandaren. You're now trying to change the issue from the Pandaren and Pandaria being problems to the entire expansion having issues, which I've addressed with several points in my original post.
    What on earth are you on about? The pandaren have everything to do with MoP because we're talking about a race that was introduced in this expansion, is tied into the entirety of its launch, and their history and culture is also presented throughout. This isn't changing the issue, it's just you trying to force commentary in a singular direction because you dislike the conclusion of doing otherwise. This is very typical in an Internet debate - grab something you find disagreeable and drag it into the obscurity of its extremes.

I've already explained why I believe the theme of the expansion was an issue, but that I don't think it was the only one. If you want to proceed implying anything to the contrary, your comments will fall on deaf ears.

It would "appear" that way only if you're wearing a tinfoil hat and are a generally distrusting person to begin with.
    We're talking about a guy who, while in charge of systems for two expansions, will probably have ditched half the players he inherited.

Under what metric is that considered successful?
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Well, it is possible for people, many people actually, to not think very highly of World of Warcraft. Those self same people may even consider other games in the genre superior due to their own subjective qualifiers. Qualifiers which are just as valid as the subjective qualifiers of those whom believe World of Warcraft is a "23 out of 10".

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    I bet you are also good in gorilla warfare.
    What is that supposed to mean?

What is that supposed to mean?
    I think it means he has no idea how many WoW players are military.
    blah, new sig... something something