View Poll Results: Will Pandaren or Pandaria ever get any new lore or attention after MoP?

Voters
1130. You may not vote on this poll
  • Pandaren and Pandaria will remain the central focus of ALL WoW expansions to come.

    57 5.04%
  • Pandaren will get more lore development than other races.

    48 4.25%
  • Pandaren will get very little lore development in the future.

    587 51.95%
  • Pandaren and Pandaria will be ignored in the future lore after MoP.

    438 38.76%
Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst ...
3
4
5
6
7
15
... LastLast
  1. #81
    Field Marshal ForPandaria's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Maine, USA
    Posts
    74
    Considering a Mod has been here at least twice already, I can't believe this thread is still open.

  2. #82
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    You're telling me that WoD will actually get subs back? I kinda doubt it.

    Not because of the expansion. The expansion is going to be awesome. But because players have moved on.
    I unsubbed because of pandas and I'm coming back to WoD.

    I know there are others like me.

  3. #83
    Quote Originally Posted by gee View Post
    I unsubbed because of pandas and I'm coming back to WoD.

    I know there are others like me.
    Yes

    In kindergartens all over the world.
    Last edited by Trollfaced; 2013-11-17 at 03:54 PM.
    [email protected] | 8gb RAM | Geforce GTX 660 OC | 120gb SSD
    Druid (Main)World first 9000/9000HC 10minutes/week

  4. #84
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarch the Conqueror View Post
    I present with you a very simple premise:

    "Pandaren are a joke race because Blizzard will never again in the future show us any Pandaren lore."

    I think most people will agree with the statement that Pandaren most likely are never going to get any attention anymore in any of the future expansions, similarly as to how neither Gnomes get any attention, because they're a comical relief race and nothing else.
    Draeni haven't gotten any attention. They're only going to start getting some in WoD. Who knows? Maybe in a few expacs we'll be time traveling to Pandaria pre mists...

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Keny View Post
    Good , I had ENOUGH of bloody pandas and walking statues,
    Its time to get back to the WARCRAFT Universe and away from Disney Universe.
    True fact: Disney created Pandas.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Anarch the Conqueror View Post
    The game design was great. Similarly to how I found Cataclysm to be an improvement over WotLK and WotLK over TBC (although not necessarily in regards of end-game). The problem was the lore, it felt very disconnected from everything else and just didn't work for me. Sure, the asian artistic design was great and all, and awesome in some cases, but it still felt out of place.
    You know what felt out of place to me? Vikings in Northrend.

  5. #85
    "Disney created pandas" thats a whole level of stupidity right there.
    i53570k[email protected] | 8gb RAM | Geforce GTX 660 OC | 120gb SSD
    Druid (Main)World first 9000/9000HC 10minutes/week

  6. #86
    ahhh OP is currently banned, i think we know who the joke is.

  7. #87
    The Lightbringer UnifiedDivide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    3,819
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollfaced View Post
    "Disney created pandas" thats a whole level of stupidity right there.
    I think you missed the sarcasm xD

    That said, no, you won't see a great deal of Pandaren lore for a couple of years. They've had an entire expansion of lore. It's time to move the focus. Sadly, it seems we have to have more Orc nonsense in with our new Draenei lore.

    As for Pandaren, I still find the hate rather amusing.
    Especially when people consider them the sole reason for WoW to lose even just 1 subscriber. Even worse is the people that actually stopped playing just because of them. Silly people...

    Rarely updated...

  8. #88
    Stood in the Fire silver9172's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Twisting Nether
    Posts
    442
    We'll most likely have some of their lore in WoD since Garrosh escaped from the Shado Pan.

  9. #89
    Banned diddle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    District of Columbia, USA
    Posts
    2,447
    can't wait for that fat horrible joke race to be gone, not to mention a neutral race was a retarded idea

  10. #90
    this poll fails dramatically

    it goes from ''will get more lore development than other races'' to '' will get very little development'' when clearly the most common answer would have been one between those 2

  11. #91
    Stood in the Fire silver9172's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Twisting Nether
    Posts
    442
    Quote Originally Posted by Keny View Post
    Good , I had ENOUGH of bloody pandas and walking statues,
    Its time to get back to the WARCRAFT Universe and away from Disney Universe.
    Panderan were always part of WC lore.

  12. #92
    Banned diddle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    District of Columbia, USA
    Posts
    2,447
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollfaced View Post
    Yes

    In kindergartens all over the world.
    I think kindergarteners like pandas. Your argument is flawed.

  13. #93
    Quote Originally Posted by diddle View Post
    I think kindergarteners like pandas. Your argument is flawed.
    That sentence does not make any sense whatsoever.

    Anyway. Female elves with chain mail lingerie and blue aliens with huge breasts and hollow backs are shamelessly designed for the needs of the mostly adolescent player base as well. So I do not see the problem with having big pandas. As far as I can tell, it's mostly the grown ups who play them. Most teenagers stick to their female elf/human/draenei.

  14. #94
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    ahhh OP is currently banned, i think we know who the joke is.
    Well the title hinted about a stupid thread, and he probably had it coming ^^

    I gotta stop taking the bait coming into these sort of threads.

    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    I think you missed the sarcasm xD
    Guess I did, sarcasm on the internet is hard to spot sometimes 0_o

    If you think pandas are childish then you're just immature is what I tried to say there but it got lost on you.
    [email protected] | 8gb RAM | Geforce GTX 660 OC | 120gb SSD
    Druid (Main)World first 9000/9000HC 10minutes/week

  15. #95
    Pandas will fade into obscurity much like the other stupid races they shoe-horned in (Draenei, Worgen, etc.)

    Thank god.

  16. #96
    Yeah because a game with only orcs and humans would be so fun right? >_<
    [email protected] | 8gb RAM | Geforce GTX 660 OC | 120gb SSD
    Druid (Main)World first 9000/9000HC 10minutes/week

  17. #97
    Quote Originally Posted by silver9172 View Post
    Panderan were always part of WC lore.
    Nope. Why do people keep saying this? Are you attempting to delude yourselve?

    They were introduced AS AN APRIL FOOL'S JOKE.

    Pandas are a joke run amok because furries thought they were awesome and kept wanting to see more of them.

    Pandas started as a joke, have always been a joke, are at present a joke, and will remain forever a joke.

    If they're your 'favorite' race or something, that's odd but fine, just deal with the facts.

  18. #98
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaqwert View Post
    Pandas will fade into obscurity much like the other stupid races they shoe-horned in (Draenei, Worgen, etc.)

    Thank god.
    That is obviously wrong, but who cares.
    Want to undermine that pile of garbage with some facts, or just leave it there so it can attract flies?

  19. #99
    The Patient SirMeo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Morioh-Cho
    Posts
    293
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaqwert View Post
    Pandas will fade into obscurity much like the other stupid races they shoe-horned in (Draenei, Worgen, etc.)

    Thank god.
    Think you should read more about this next expansion we are getting...



    I don't mind pandaren but honestly -- I don't know how their lore could be expanded? The player faction pandaren barely got anything even in this Pandaria centered expansion after their starting quests were done. It's going to be hard to include them in a way that's natural. I don't like one or two races hoarding all the attention (I know it's ORCS AND HUMANS!! but c'mon, stop making people invested in other races if you are going to ignore them entirely)

  20. #100
    its always been about orcs and humans with a little bit of elvish/druidism and the undead. all the races got a little something in cataclysm but before and after that it has mostly been all about orcs and humans. its just a simple fact.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •