View Poll Results: Will Pandaren or Pandaria ever get any new lore or attention after MoP?

Voters
1130. You may not vote on this poll
  • Pandaren and Pandaria will remain the central focus of ALL WoW expansions to come.

    57 5.04%
  • Pandaren will get more lore development than other races.

    48 4.25%
  • Pandaren will get very little lore development in the future.

    587 51.95%
  • Pandaren and Pandaria will be ignored in the future lore after MoP.

    438 38.76%
Page 1 of 27
1
2
3
11
... LastLast
  1. #1

    Pandaren are joke race

    I present with you a very simple premise:

    "Pandaren are a joke race because Blizzard will never again in the future show us any Pandaren lore."

    I think most people will agree with the statement that Pandaren most likely are never going to get any attention anymore in any of the future expansions, similarly as to how neither Gnomes get any attention, because they're a comical relief race and nothing else.
    ♦ Scepticist ♦ Critic ♦ INTJ

  2. #2
    Bloodsail Admiral ACES's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    1,205
    I fail to see a problem.

  3. #3
    So what is the point of making this thread? You make a concluding statement and that's it?

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarch the Conqueror View Post
    I present with you a very simple premise:

    "Pandaren are a joke race because Blizzard will never again in the future show us any Pandaren lore."

    I think most people will agree with the statement that Pandaren most likely are never going to get any attention anymore in any of the future expansions, similarly as to how neither Gnomes get any attention, because they're a comical relief race and nothing else.
    What else is there to show aside from what they originated from?

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Daear View Post
    So what is the point of making this thread? You make a concluding statement and that's it?
    It's an offered topic for discussion, but indeed the topic offered is me drawing a conclusion.

    If anything it makes me happy that we can come to the realization that after MoP we'll never have to deal with pandaland or pay attention to pandas again.

    /happy
    ♦ Scepticist ♦ Critic ♦ INTJ

  6. #6
    Herald of the Titans Grimord's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    2,627
    Where's the "Anarchor suffers from slight mental retardation so do excuse the thread" option?

    Keep it civil please.
    Last edited by Zaelsino; 2013-11-17 at 02:33 PM.


  7. #7
    doesnt that make draenei a complete joke too they didnt get any lore for years

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimord View Post
    Where's the "Anarchor suffers from slight mental retardation so do excuse the thread" option?
    It's the little report button which I just used on you so you can enjoy yet another forumbreak at my hands. LOL

    (You're too easy).
    ♦ Scepticist ♦ Critic ♦ INTJ

  9. #9
    Warchief Azgraal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    The Unvanquished City of Porto, Portugal
    Posts
    2,194
    Your argument to support why "they are a joke" now is something that might or might not happen in the future?... That makes sense...

    And to answer you, people will always say "X is a joke race". Vanilla had gnomes, TBC had blood elves, Cataclysm (during its early stages) had its "lol twilight werewolves" moment, and MoP had pandaren.

    Hate is a living thing, it evolves.
    Disclaimer: The majority of my posts might be dripping in sarcasm. Don't take everything I say literally.




  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by vamonos View Post
    doesnt that make draenei a complete joke too they didnt get any lore for years
    Actualy, it makes them retconed joke, so that is even worse.
    The common man is like a worm in the gut of a corpse, trapped inside a prison of cold flesh, helpless and uncaring, unaware even of the inevitability of its own doom.

  11. #11
    The Patient Cyonis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Sovngarde
    Posts
    340
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarch the Conqueror View Post
    I think most people will agree with the statement that Pandaren most likely are never going to get any attention anymore in any of the future expansions, similarly as to how neither Gnomes get any attention,
    While I think this is true,

    I present with you a very simple premise:

    "Pandaren are a joke race because Blizzard will never again in the future show us any Pandaren lore."
    this doesn't seem like a logical conclusion to me. There isn't much more to tell about them. Most Pandaren will never leave Pandaria. Gnomes are as far as I know not interested in history. Most are even in denial about their origination (correct me if I'm wrong). Not having more lore doesn't make them a joke imo.

    Signature by Shyama

  12. #12
    The Lightbringer The Caretaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Edinburgh, Scotland
    Posts
    3,170
    I think Blizzard are most likely to move on from Pandaria with the lessons learned and never look back.

    Mists of Pandaria was a disaster.

    I just don't see them revisiting it, or any facet of its story, ever again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Well, it is possible for people, many people actually, to not think very highly of World of Warcraft. Those self same people may even consider other games in the genre superior due to their own subjective qualifiers. Qualifiers which are just as valid as the subjective qualifiers of those whom believe World of Warcraft is a "23 out of 10".

  13. #13
    Mechagnome select20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Columbia, SC
    Posts
    693
    I'm currently playing wow again. Re-subbed for SoO. I've tried 4 times to make a Panda, 2 monks, a shaman and priest. Twice a male, twice a female. I can't get my toon past like level 4 because I really dislike Panda's and that lore. Other than the animations and artstyle, the setting and story feel so alien to wow. I couldn't even level my warrior in Pandaria, I just did dungeons to get him to 90 because of this. I hope they steer clear of Pandaria stuff to be honest.

    NOthing against those that like Pandaria and all it offered. It just wasn't for me.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by vamonos View Post
    doesnt that make draenei a complete joke too they didnt get any lore for years
    The main things I can't stand about the Dranei is that they arrived on a space ship. so weird.

  14. #14
    Warchief Azgraal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    The Unvanquished City of Porto, Portugal
    Posts
    2,194
    Quote Originally Posted by Zellviren View Post
    Mists of Pandaria was a disaster.
    Says who?

    MoP might not have been the expansion with the lore/races that most players are best familiarized with, but by all accounts was one of the best expansion WoW has ever had.

    That being said, I hardly think there will be any reason for a major story development for them. Think of it as an old school j-rpg. You'd save someone's village and they'd join your party, never to return there or really having the spolight on them again.
    Disclaimer: The majority of my posts might be dripping in sarcasm. Don't take everything I say literally.




  15. #15
    Idk if you guys just watched but Blizz addressed this at blizzcon saying that they would have plenty of panda lore in WoD, too. Now how much, I don't know. And for that poll, I don't wanna see any of those 4 things happen. Needs to be a choice in the middle where blizz does what they say they're doin atm and they add a perfectly reasonable amount of panda lore without making it the cause of neglect to other races. But frankly, while I loved pandaria I'm not expecting WoD to be Pandaria 2. From what we're hearing about WoD, I'm very excited but since they're making some big changes, I'm expecting nothing but noise from the forum crowds because there are just tons of ppl out there who got nothing better to do than complain about something that hasn't happened yet and bash blizz for something they haven't even released, saying how bad the company is and how bad the game is.. oh but they'll keep payin 15 a month.. to complain and troll.

    So in short - if you like it keep playing, they seem to promise some interesting changes and they're trying their hardest to push more and more content out to their audience in less and less time. And if you don't, well.. There's always Hello Kitty: Island Adventure!

  16. #16
    Herald of the Titans Grimord's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    2,627
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarch the Conqueror View Post
    It's the little report button which I just used on you so you can enjoy yet another forumbreak at my hands. LOL

    (You're too easy).
    Oh boy... Now you got me good! And I would get away with it if it weren't for your darn threads!

    lol sad


  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Migas11 View Post
    MoP might not have been the expansion with the lore/races that most players are best familiarized with, but by all accounts was one of the best expansion WoW has ever had.
    The game design was great. Similarly to how I found Cataclysm to be an improvement over WotLK and WotLK over TBC (although not necessarily in regards of end-game). The problem was the lore, it felt very disconnected from everything else and just didn't work for me. Sure, the asian artistic design was great and all, and awesome in some cases, but it still felt out of place.
    ♦ Scepticist ♦ Critic ♦ INTJ

  18. #18
    I knew they were a joke long before and i'm anxious to see how many people that play pandaren now are going to racechange and never want to look back on that awful expansion and it's childish race.

  19. #19
    Stupid poll. They will try to treat Pandaren the same as all other playable races.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by FruitBat69 View Post
    Stupid poll. They will try to treat Pandaren the same as all other playable races.
    That seems very unlikely to me.
    ♦ Scepticist ♦ Critic ♦ INTJ

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •