Best GPU before CPU bottleneck

Hi All,

I have the Spare PC with an i5 3470 and 8gb RAM and a 512GB SSD that I want to turn into a gaming machine.

Basically whats the best GPU I can buy (money not a concern) before the i5 becomes the bottleneck?

Can I run a GTX 780ti and get everything out of it?

Cheers

Deleted
    Even with 780 Ti, the i5 shouldn't be a bottleneck, but if you are ready to invest in 780 Ti, it might make more sense to buy a cheaper GPU like the 290X and upgrade the with the "leftovers".

Quote Originally Posted by looz View Post
    Even with 780 Ti, the i5 shouldn't be a bottleneck, but if you are ready to invest in 780 Ti, it might make more sense to buy a cheaper GPU like the 290X and upgrade the with the "leftovers".
    I get the logic, but not interested in a overhaul just wanna quickly make it as good as it can be with minimal hassle

So If the 780ti will be fine I will just get that.

10+ Year Old Account
    It depends on which games you play.

Thread moved to appropriate sub-forum.

You will not have your CPU bottlenecking a GPU in many many years; Even a much worse CPU wouldn't bottleneck something like a GTX 780 Ti

10+ Year Old Account
    It would in starcraft or wow, hence im asking. Though i'm not saying the framerate would be bad, it would be a bottleneck, thus the card having too much of an overhead. You would then be better off getting a cheaper card.

I wouldnt buy a 780 ti if you only plan to play SC2

10+ Year Old Account
    Nobody said anything concrete about which games are being played, that's why i'm asking.

Quote Originally Posted by Majesticii View Post
    Nobody said anything concrete about which games are being played, that's why i'm asking.
    Derp. I'm sorry for some reason I thought you were OP