Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Abstieg View Post
    Often those who are most hesitant to lead are those who use their powers most effectively.
    Garrosh didn't want to lead either, don't forget.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well he did nothing in SoO and I expect him to do nothing in WoD.

In that timeline the Horde doesn't exist, as orcs never drank the blood of Mannoroth. Therefore the warlords never met Azeroth's races like trolls and goblins since they didn't cross the Dark Portal, so they wouldn't be that angry at Vol'jin, in my opinion. They just wouldn't care.

I was under the impression we were playing the role of an advance party going through to attempt to make a footing. In which 6.0 will be based around and 6.1 will likely see Vol'jin coming through with a small army.

10+ Year Old Account
    Vol'jin will stay home and help with the horde children while the boys are away on their trip
    -I lost 6 million of my best friends because of Cataclysm. I will NEVER forgive Blizz for that.
    -There ain't enough tequila in the universe to forget the insanity I experienced with Mists of Pandaria.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it's great. Let that Troll sit in orgri entire expac. Thrall is our commander in draenor which is cool.

I HOPE we do not see voljin till a bit later in the expansion.

I want us to be with Thrall we are going to his homeland to sort out his problem (Garrosh). We will meet up with his father and possibly meet doom hammer. They stated Thrall needs this expansion to really find him self again. In cata he put on some shitty cloth to be just a shaman his armour went to the sidelines. Now he's shown to have his armour back on under his cloth and will be using his hammer to dish out some rough justice.

I am going to enjoy that a lot more as we will hopefully reshape Thrall back into what we need.

Voljin can turn up later once we have cleared the area a bit and with some reinforcements.

Herald of the Titans Darksoldierr's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    A Troll leading the Horde will be probably the reason why the old horde actually joins up with Garrosh, or one of the many reasons
    Time is on our side
    Brutal Gladiator Enhancement Shaman *rawr*

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darksoldierr View Post
    A Troll leading the Horde will be probably the reason why the old horde actually joins up with Garrosh, or one of the many reasons
    That doesn't make any sense. The old horde doesn't even know what a Troll is. It would be completely meaningless to them.

Deleted
    This is 1 of the best choices Thrall has made. Vol jin is 1 of the longest members of the horde higher ranks. But i think Lady Sylvanas will be pissed in the new expansion and the forsaken will move on getting more territory in Eastern kingdoms.

Vol'Jin will appear in serveral raids and dungeons i hope to help us. But i think in patch 6.1 he will get more involved.

Quote Originally Posted by Fullmetal89 View Post
    I hope he takes an arrow to the knee and hands the position to someone who actually wants it, or can lead.
    I am expecting him to step down.
    Thrall is going back to his roots, meeting his father and other family. That will have an huge impact.
    I think voljin will make him the warchief at the end of wod....... because he will take the lead on draenor, because he can!

The thing to remember is that the only people from modern Azeroth confirmed to be on Draenor in 6.0 went on what was thought to be a one-way trip. You don't send world leaders on those sorts of missions for any reason. There's a reason why on the Alliance side it's Vindicator Maraad who is spearheading the mission instead of Varian or any other racial leader.

If anything it's more unusual that the Horde sent someone as important as Thrall there.

Once the patches start rolling in we could see armies crossing into Draenor and then we will mostly likely see Vol'jin there.
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.

Herald of the Titans Darksoldierr's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Protar View Post
    That doesn't make any sense. The old horde doesn't even know what a Troll is. It would be completely meaningless to them.
    Lot of thing would be completly meaningless to them if Garrosh dosen't show up and explain everything
    Time is on our side
    Brutal Gladiator Enhancement Shaman *rawr*

Deleted
    His task is simply
    Rebuilding Ogrimmar (sorry alliance)

Deleted
    http://www.statista.com/statistics/2...cters-by-race/

That doesn't mean that Lor'themar Theron MUST have been the Warchief, but, still, it strenghthens this argument. I personally don't like Trolls a bit and they aren't any better for warchiefs than the Blood Elves(My main is a Blood Elf).

The most "Hordish"(lorewise) race after the orcs are the Tauren, and imo Baine Bloodhoof should have made the rebelion and become the Warchief.

Quote Originally Posted by Antinoos View Post
    http://www.statista.com/statistics/2...cters-by-race/

That doesn't mean that Lor'themar Theron MUST have been the Warchief, but, still, it strenghthens this argument. I personally don't like Trolls a bit and they aren't any better for warchiefs than the Blood Elves(My main is a Blood Elf).

The most "Hordish"(lorewise) race after the orcs are the Tauren, and imo Baine Bloodhoof should have made the rebelion and become the Warchief.
    it is good that it is not you making this game

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    But he already has done it in SoO.

"Guys, you go take care of an Old God infused crazed Orc Warchief and his army of Elite bloodthirsty murderers and Ancient Elite Klaxxi Paragons on top of that, while I go back up and umm... do some important stuff..."
    Thrall and saurfang stood toe to toe against those forces, risked both there lives to get to garrosh, well vol'jin sat outside orgrimmar until most of the kor'kohn where already dead, and then snuk in at the end.

This is exactly the same thing he did in the battle for undercity, sat outside doing fuck all while thrall and sylvanas took the city back.

He's a coward
    #boycottchina

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    What aspect of Garrosh was hesitant in the slightest?
    Thrall says: In my absence, I am instructing you, Garrosh Hellscream, to lead the Horde. You have the strength and courage that our people need to survive in these trying times.
    Garrosh Hellscream says: I am honored, warchief. But I feel unprepared for the life of a ruler.
    Thrall says: You will not be alone. You will have advisors: Cairne, Eitrigg, Vol'jin. They will help guide you.
    Thrall says: And though I am leaving soon, I can also instruct you.
    Vol'jin says: A good first test may be dealin' with dese cultists. Da people be scared. Dey aren't sure what's goin'on.
    Garrosh Hellscream says: But even we are not sure of all that is happening. Should we capture these cultists and force their silence? But that may anger the rest of the people... Still, we cannot allow the cult to spread fear and lies...
    Eitrigg says: Now you are thinking like a ruler, Garrosh. You must look at all sides of a problem. Consult with your advisors and act with confidence.
    Thrall says: They will help you Garrosh. And I will help you. I will find the answers that we need to assuage the fears of the people and soothe the elements.
    Garrosh Hellscream says: I will not fail you, Warchief. I will lead as well as I can, and I will consult with the advisors you suggest. I know what a tremendous honor you do me, and I will strive to be worthy of it.
    Thrall says: Then it is done.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Thrall and saurfang stood toe to toe against those forces, risked both there lives to get to garrosh, well vol'jin sat outside orgrimmar until most of the kor'kohn where already dead, and then snuk in at the end.

This is exactly the same thing he did in the battle for undercity, sat outside doing fuck all while thrall and sylvanas took the city back.

He's a coward
    Yeah, that's my biggest problem with Vol'jin. He never actually does anything.

Siege of Orgrimmar? He's just talk, no action.
    Battle for the Undercity? He just sits outside and lets Thrall and Sylvanas do everything.
    War against the Lich King? Vol'jin just stays home while Garrosh and Saurfang go on the assault.

Vol'jin is simply lame. His biggest accomplishment is kissing Thrall's butt and leeching off of his accomplishments. Vol'jin is a parasite.

He's most likely going to idle in Orgrimmar for three expansions straight as Thrall did.