Page 1 of 13
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

What about our mighty warchief Vol'jin in WoD?

In my opinion, WoD is exactly why Vol'jin or any troll or any other race for that matter should have never become warchief of the horde.

It's obvious the next expansion will be orc lore heavy from the horde side and I feel Vol'jin just doesn't fit in all of this. What's his stake in all this?

Can you imagine someone introducing Vol'jin as warchief of the horde to legendary orcs such as Grom, Durotan, Doomhammer, etc.? They would laugh their ass off.

Of course Blizz will try to explain it away but I think no matter how they spin it they made a huge blunder there.
    "Can a man still be brave if he's afraid?"
    "That is the only time a man can be brave."
    -Lord Eddard Stark

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope he takes an arrow to the knee and hands the position to someone who actually wants it, or can lead.
    "I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids. "
    -
    General Jack D. Ripper.

I got a feeling that Vol'jin won't be around much in Warlords. Bet he'll be busy sorting out the Horde back home while the heroes follow Thrall to Draenor.

That's an interesting point, and I think this will be Garrosh's excuse for the other warlords to join him and wipe our Horde.

I was shocked and appalled when I learned Vol'jin was our new leader. That feeling came back when I learned we would meet legendary orcs from history in the next expansion. May a lightning strike turn that pansy troll into dust and a proper orc take the helm.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Wishblade View Post
    I got a feeling that Vol'jin won't be around much in Warlords. Bet he'll be busy sorting out the Horde back home while the heroes follow Thrall to Draenor.
    I don't know about this, but, Vol'jin hates Garrosh more than we do, and I think Vol'jin will finally kill Garrosh in this expansion haha

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fullmetal89 View Post
    I hope he takes an arrow to the knee and hands the position to someone who actually wants it, or can lead.
    Often those who are most hesitant to lead are those who use their powers most effectively.
    The goddess in my avatar is Hayley Williams.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wishblade View Post
    Well that's heroic. There's great danger coming from the portal, danger serious enough we have to go investigate on possibly a sucidie mission and the warchief of the horde stays behind playing political leader?

I can already imagine voljin "yea you guys go ahead see whats up with that portal mon i be here shuffling papers"
    "Can a man still be brave if he's afraid?"
    "That is the only time a man can be brave."
    -Lord Eddard Stark

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by yuca247 View Post
    In my opinion, WoD is exactly why Vol'jin or any troll or any other race for that matter should have never become warchief of the horde.

It's obvious the next expansion will be orc lore heavy from the horde side and I feel Vol'jin just doesn't fit in all of this. What's his stake in all this?

Can you imagine someone introducing Vol'jin as warchief of the horde to legendary orcs such as Grom, Durotan, Doomhammer, etc.? They would laugh their ass off.

Of course Blizz will try to explain it away but I think no matter how they spin it they made a huge blunder there.
    This isn't high school where getting laughed is the end of the world...There are always people that look because of x y z. Garrosh's horde was very racist and look where it ended up. No Vol'jin was a good choice, he has been there the longest and is capable leader.

Him and Baine are just sat around in a tent somewhere outside Ogrimmar getting stoned all day.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it has really great story potential. I want to see Vol'jin stand up and say "Screw your old Horde and it's warmongering ways." It's a great way for the Horde of today to finally break all ties with it's dark past and start anew. Who cares if the old Horde leaders don't like it? Their Horde failed.

Well that's heroic. There's great danger coming from the portal, danger serious enough we have to go investigate on possibly a sucidie mission and the warchief of the horde stays behind playing political leader?

I can already imagine voljin "yea you guys go ahead see whats up with that portal mon i be here shuffling papers"
    as you said, suicide mission. why would vol'jin, who is now leader of the horde, go on that mission? who would lead the horde if we fail the suicide mission? No political leader would ever go on a suicide mission. That said, there is nothing preventing him from going through the portal in 6.1 or later after we initial success, much like varian and garrosh or any of the other leaders came to pandaria after our initial success in 5.1
    Last edited by beanman12345; 2013-11-17 at 04:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Abstieg View Post
    Often those who are most hesitant to lead are those who use their powers most effectively.
    Like Garrosh?

You know what we call people who discriminate against others because of their skin color? You're pretty much doing the same thing here.

Deleted
    I have always been both an alliance player and horde player (I know, I am weird)

but in the early years I have always leaned towards the Horde and played it more because Orgrimmar was my fav city and our Warchief Thrall was the best in-game character to me

but than they changed the Orgrimmar and made it a lot worse and removed Thrall as warchief (and whats worse gave that position to Garrosh) all in one go while simultaneously making Stormwind awesome with the ability to fly in/above it ... that is when I started leaning towards the alliance and started playing it more, but Thrall remained my fav character

my point: ONE DOES NOT SIMPLY REPLACE THRALL WITHOUT ANY CONSEQUENCES

Deleted

Yeah, I think Blizzard had originally planned for Thrall to become Warchief again but they changed it to Vol'jin at the last second to please the fans. Now they have this mess to deal with. Vol'jin simply doesn't fit in this expansion. I also don't think he'll play any role in WoD, he'll get a mention maybe once or twice, that's it.

So since Thrall will be the focal point of the expansion again for the Horde side, I don't understand why he isn't Warchief. It's just a stupid reaction to please the fans. There's way too many retarded Vol'jin fans. Heck, Garrosh was right all along, Vol'jin never actually did anything productive. And he won't do anything anytime soon either. He's just lame. Why Blizzard? This is just stupid.

It's as if Vol'jin is only Warchief in title, in the end it's still Thrall that calls the shots. So why even let Vol'jin get the title if it doesn't mean anything?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Angella View Post
    You know what we call people who discriminate against others because of their skin color? You're pretty much doing the same thing here.
    You can't discriminate against things that don't really exist. Vol'jin isn't a real person and thus can't be discriminated. Butthurt much?

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Like Garrosh?
    What aspect of Garrosh was hesitant in the slightest?
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    Yeah, I think Blizzard had originally planned for Thrall to become Warchief again but they changed it to Vol'jin at the last second to please the fans.
    Dude... Really?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    What aspect of Garrosh was hesitant in the slightest?
    He was a little hesitant to be Warchief back in Wrath. The only moment though. That's it though. Even then Vol'Jin is not an Orc, he's a troll. Judging him before things go out is rather stilly.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi