1. #1

    Isn't buying a new level 90 against Blizzard's terms and violations?

    I just know someone who is leveling up 90s and selling them for cash currently. I swear it was against the terms in violations, but he is posting them on the official forums without anyone stopping him or banning him...

    I mean, yeah Blizzard might sell 90s for money anyway, but I doubt its okay for us players to do that.

    Might be a stupid question, just wondering if I missed something.

  2. #2
    The Lightbringer leaks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    I don't even know anymore.
    Posts
    3,330
    Yes it definitely is.
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by leaks View Post
    Yes it definitely is.
    Then how is he getting away with selling them on the official forums? Astounds me.

  4. #4
    edit: im dumb.
    Last edited by NMX-; 2013-11-20 at 08:55 PM.

  5. #5
    If he hasn't been banned for it, he just hasn't had anyone report him yet and/or Blizzard doesn't have enough proof to ban him.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by StrayFox View Post
    I just know someone who is leveling up 90s and selling them for cash currently. I swear it was against the terms in violations, but he is posting them on the official forums without anyone stopping him or banning him...

    I mean, yeah Blizzard might sell 90s for money anyway, but I doubt its okay for us players to do that.

    Might be a stupid question, just wondering if I missed something.
    Link to the alleged posts?

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by StrayFox View Post
    Then how is he getting away with selling them on the official forums? Astounds me.
    Link? Oh wait you won't have one since they will permaban and delete any TOS violation threads instantly.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by NMX- View Post
    because an instant boost to lvl 90 that comes with WoD is the same thing as paying a 3rd party to sign into your account and level your characters for you.
    Lol no... no it's not

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Yobtar View Post
    If he hasn't been banned for it, he just hasn't had anyone report him yet and/or Blizzard doesn't have enough proof to ban him.
    I guess so, I have no evidence of this. Just some person stating he does on my server, he could be lying I'm not sure.

    I mean if he is going on the forums saying "I'll level a $90 for you for tons of $$$$$" You'd think he'd get banned, is there a secret code for the black market of wow? Do they say things like "The monkey hit the shute." and then someone responds saying "I caught the monkey." so Blizzard doesn't catch them?

  10. #10
    Epic! Nyxxi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,605
    Quote Originally Posted by Msshammy View Post
    Lol no... no it's not
    Looks like you missed the sarcasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Crym View Post
    Spoiler: The reason Garrosh is defeated is because, just when he's being attacked, Malchezaar pops out of a portal, yells "yoink!", and takes his weapon away.
    Armory

  11. #11
    if a person is selling them like you say, yeah it is. and he might get caught or might not. depends on how good Blizzard's policing is.
    “He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”

    Quote Originally Posted by BatteredRose View Post
    They're greedy soulless monsters for not handing me everything for my 15 moneys a month!

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by StrayFox View Post
    I guess so, I have no evidence of this. Just some person stating he does on my server, he could be lying I'm not sure.

    I mean if he is going on the forums saying "I'll level a $90 for you for tons of $$$$$" You'd think he'd get banned, is there a secret code for the black market of wow? Do they say things like "The monkey hit the shute." and then someone responds saying "I caught the monkey." so Blizzard doesn't catch them?
    So...

    Someone "said something" and you didn't even go to see if any of this is true before making a thread about this?

    If I were to do that, I would have to look in the mirror and ask myself, "Are you fucking stupid?"

    Not suggesting you do that, but I would do that. I would have to wonder how stupid I would have to be to do something like that. But again, not saying that about you.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Compstance View Post
    Link to the alleged posts?
    sorry, I don't have evidence. Its all by ear from a friend and people on my server. Wish I did though.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Compstance View Post
    So...

    Someone "said something" and you didn't even go to see if any of this is true before making a thread about this?

    If I were to do that, I would have to look in the mirror and ask myself, "Are you fucking stupid?"

    Not suggesting you do that, but I would do that. I would have to wonder how stupid I would have to be to do something like that. But again, not saying that about you.
    Haha! I was just more curious if it was against the violations, I'm not here to turn in a criminal. I just am ignorant and gullible. No offence taken, I guess? hahaha

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by StrayFox View Post
    sorry, I don't have evidence. Its all by ear from a friend and people on my server. Wish I did though.
    I bet a lot of people make a lot of money off of you.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyxxi View Post
    Looks like you missed the sarcasm
    We really need a sarcasm key. ~~~ or something.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by StrayFox View Post
    I guess so, I have no evidence of this. Just some person stating he does on my server, he could be lying I'm not sure.

    I mean if he is going on the forums saying "I'll level a $90 for you for tons of $$$$$" You'd think he'd get banned, is there a secret code for the black market of wow? Do they say things like "The monkey hit the shute." and then someone responds saying "I caught the monkey." so Blizzard doesn't catch them?
    If nobody tells Blizzard nothing will happen. Also not the one who makes the offer to level will get his account banned but the one that took the offer because it's against the ToS to give other people your login data.

    Also if he's saying he will level a character for you he isn't selling characters but offering a service which isn't illegal or against the ToS.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by NMX- View Post
    edit: im dumb.
    Apparently I didn't

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Compstance View Post
    I bet a lot of people make a lot of money off of you.
    I think they do, I'll be honest its someone I know outside of the game who is a good friend. My other friend told me about him doing it and that he doesn't get caught, so I wanted to make sure it was against the violations.

    Is it against the terms to 'gift' people 90s as well? I suppose it makes sense that if they make money its against the terms because they are making money off of someone elses property in a sense.
    Last edited by StrayFox; 2013-11-20 at 09:06 PM.

  19. #19
    Field Marshal kain1614's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Not in Hickville, TN
    Posts
    52
    Quote Originally Posted by StrayFox View Post
    Is it against the terms to 'gift' people 90s as well? I suppose it makes sense that if they make money its against the terms because they are making money off of someone elses property in a sense.
    Here's what I found that's interesting about this, I wasn't sure if you could "gift" in certain ways. I'm sure you could "create" an account under that persons name and just give them the info, otherwise there's no way to "gift" it to someone.

    "Ownership/Selling of the Account or Virtual Items.

    Blizzard does not recognize the transfer of World of Warcraft Accounts or BNET Accounts (each an “Account”). You may not purchase, sell, gift or trade any Account, or offer to purchase, sell, gift or trade any Account, and any such attempt shall be null and void. Blizzard owns, has licensed, or otherwise has rights to all of the content that appears in the Game. You agree that you have no right or title in or to any such content, including without limitation the virtual goods or currency appearing or originating in the Game, or any other attributes associated with any Account. Blizzard does not recognize any purported transfers of virtual property executed outside of the Game, or the purported sale, gift or trade in the “real world” of anything that appears or originates in the Game. Accordingly, you may not sell in-game items or currency for “real” money, or exchange those items or currency for value outside of the Game. "

    Source : Section 8 of Terms of Use http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/company/legal/wow_tou.html
    Last edited by kain1614; 2013-11-20 at 09:18 PM. Reason: Added source

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •