10+ Year Old Account

The REAL reason why dps queues are so long

First off I just want to say that Blizzards "well its cuz you treat your tanks like crap" explanation is MOSTLY bullcrap. So since my thread will be removed from the WoW forums I come here to give the real reasons WHY people dont want to queue as a tank or wont even pick up a tank spec:

1) A lot of people on WoW especially in LFR don't like the responsibility of taking on such a "huge" role. See if a dps dies, the raid goes on. Hell if 4 dps die and 1 healer the raid goes on. However in MOST fights if 1 tank dies, its over. So a DPS really just stands there and tunnel visions, stands on crap (some healers do as well) and they die. Tab out or afk until the fight is done. How do I know this? Because when we send out Brezzes or mass rez after the fight they dont pop back up. They come back afterwards asking for a rez or running back in often times catching up to us as we're about to pull the other boss

So if a Tank messes up, everyone knows about it because the entire raid is at risk for a wipe.

2) The ONLY time I have ever seen tanks abused is when they wipe us. Instead of asking for an explanation of the fight, they pull and we are done. Or they dont bother to ready check and 25% of the raid is outside or not ready at all. Yes you can talk crap to me if I do that. Please do. It is my own fault and I deserve to be told HOW NOT to do things.

I play a healer, a dps, and I play as a tank as well. Belive me when I tell you, I am not being biasd. These are the real (BASIC) reasons as to why dps and sometimes healer queues are so long, and tanks get insta queues. I admit I do not have a FIX for this, only thing I can say is make a virtual raid for tanks to practice at. Like a proving grounds with 24 NPC's and let tanks practice the fight before they go in. This will boost confidence, knowledge AND will inspire people to get a OS Tank spec.

Thanks.

TLR Blizzard is full of crap with their "The reason tank queues are so long is because you should worship them"

Can't afk as tank. You can afk as dps or healer. And LFR is for afking to get free epics on shitalts.

Plain and simple (also think you mentioned that in your TLDR post)

Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake

10+ Year Old Account
    real reason is tanks cant autoattack and tab out

Thanks for speaking for all of us and letting me know that I stand on fires and alt tab.

Thank you very much.

15+ Year Old Account
    "Lag" and die seems to be a popular method.

and yes, its not just dps its healers too.
    (if tanks COULD do it, im sure they would.. wait, just queue as dps and spec tank? D

Deleted
    Blizzard are right, treat your tanks better and more will want to tank.

Nice assumptions though.

I've seen this happen:

Tank: How do we do this guy?
    Tank is kicked.

Lfr mentality - if a tank dies its the tanks fault,
    if a dps pulls and dies its the tanks fault,
    if the tank doesnt know the fight its the tanks fault
    tank wipes because they messed up tanks fault.... (well true, but they get abused for it)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archangel Tyrael View Post
    Thanks for speaking for all of us and letting me know that I stand on fires and alt tab.

Thank you very much.
    Please re-read what I wrote. I said MOST not all. If the shoe fit you, im sorry you're upset. Hell, ive tabbed out when ive died as a dps. Im not gonna lie.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xcureanddisease View Post
    TLR Blizzard is full of crap with their "The reason tank queues are so long is because you should worship them"
    Being nice to them, and "worshiping" them, are two completely different meanings.

Any thread title that states "the REAL reason" for anything should just be ignored because you know it's filled with subjective and/or biased ramblings.

Because the whole raid have their eyes on you, and everything you do matters much more.
    1 mistake as tank and you are instantly flamed to hell.
    1 mistake as dps? Nobody notices/cares because it's not important.

Tank dies? It's a wipe.
    DPS dies? Carry on.

Deleted
    So you say 1) When tanks mess up they wipe the raid and 2) tanks are abused when they wipe the raid. You start out wanting to argue against Blizzards argument that it's because how they are treated but end up supporting it. Well played.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bajskorv View Post
    So you say 1) When tanks mess up they wipe the raid and 2) tanks are abused when they wipe the raid. You start out wanting to argue against Blizzards argument that it's because how they are treated but end up supporting it. Well played.
    GG on taking what I said out of context and not reading the entire thing... Wait a second, do you work for Fox News?

I dont have issues with people treating me like shit directly. Mostly because im a good tank.

I do, however, get irritated with impatient DPS, shitty DPS, incompetence, and general shit attitudes. I just queue as DPS if i need something so i can take a backseat.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm going to close this as it's really the same thread topic as this one that was created 15 minutes earlier:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-to-your-tanks!)

Please post in that one. Thanks.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."