Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

Why does seemingly everyone hate Vol'jin now?

Does it boil down to people naturally being uncomfortable with adapting to change?

I remember in the events leading up to 5.4 people were initially very receptive to the idea of Vol'jin being Warchief. On the one hand, you have people that would like other Horde leaders to have the spotlight and a bit more development, and on the other you have those that prefer the bread & butter Orc leader status quo.

I say give him a chance. He literally JUST became Warchief at the end of this patch..

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently because he's a troll.

He's pretty badass in my book.

Edit: I think another part is that Blizzard said the Warchief would be an unexpected pick, and then built up Vol'jin so much that he was obviously the choice and it was a bit of a letdown, no surprise at all.
    The goddess in my avatar is Hayley Williams.

i think its the way he was introduced as a warchief.. on the video, he was all like... "if you dont like it, ill kick ur ass".. while before, he was all like "for the horde, bitches"...

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wowaccounttom View Post
    i think its the way he was introduced as a warchief.. on the video, he was all like... "if you dont like it, ill kick ur ass".. while before, he was all like "for the horde, bitches"...
    People hate him cus it's not hipster enough to hate him so they start hating on the way he doesn't do anything.

Does that make sense to you? For me it doesn't anyway welcome to the forums

10+ Year Old Account
    Vocal minority. That's why.

I still like vol'jin. He hasn't even done anything yet after he became warchief, and still people complain.

I just don't like trolls... but it could be worse, it coulda been that elf guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Les Grossman View Post
    Does it boil down to people naturally being uncomfortable with adapting to change?

I remember in the events leading up to 5.4 people were initially very receptive to the idea of Vol'jin being Warchief. On the one hand, you have people that would like other Horde leaders to have the spotlight and a bit more development, and on the other you have those that prefer the bread & butter Orc leader status quo.

I say give him a chance. He literally JUST became Warchief at the end of this patch..
    Well because we are getting an expension with 7 orcs as main characters plus Garrosh as the main asshole (who fucks up everything up as "usual") and our proud Horde is led by a Troll (They dont even know what troll is on Draenor i think)...."skinny" troll.
    I think thats the reason....I like Vol'jin as a warchief...he earned his place, but it's wierd since we are getting Orc-bumbfist expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    It'll be interesting to see how the horde image evolves from now, architecture and strategy going in to draenor with a troll in charge (not that he personally plans all the bases himself, just that he's more likely to put in charge ppl he trusts, and they aint likely to be orcs.)
    Though I do kinda wish instead of a warchief, Voljin, lorthemar and baine (ok maybe sylvanas too if she can be bothered) made some sort of council.
    Last edited by Dawnseeker; 2013-11-17 at 08:27 PM. Reason: BECAUSE I CAN!

Quote Originally Posted by Les Grossman View Post

I always disliked him.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TylerN View Post

I still like vol'jin. He hasn't even done anything yet after he became warchief, and still people complain.
    I'm not sure it's a vocal minority.
    I've seen this argument thrown around far too much lately, without any proof.

Bloodsail Admiral DrIvoRobotnik's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Because hes a self righteous prick who brought the whole anti-troll stuff on himself and then cried crocodile tears to Thrall when shit went down.

If he was an Orc everybody would be all over him, except for the people who wanted something other than an Orc Warchief. There's no pleasing everyone.

Always liked him. Thought it was a good choice for warchief. It'll be cool to see how things go.

Vol'jin was really the only choice. I mean, he's spent more time in the throne room next to Thrall than all the other leaders combined. He's moral, and all about the Horde as a whole. He's proven himself as a leader during the rebellion.

And he's a badass.

I don't want a half naked illiterate guy as my leader. I've never liked Vol'jin or any other troll, I simply think they're an inferior race. I loved Garrosh, but aside from that I'd have been most happy if Thrall took the throne, or another prominent orc. I'd have been okay with Lor'themar or Sylvanas too (though the latter wouldn't fit the bill) or maybe even Baine. Literally the only major Horde character I'd have voted Vol'jin over is Gallywix.

Deleted
    I play Alliance, but i was rooting for Lor'themar for war chief. I cried when they chose TrollJin.

I wanted Warchief Lor'themar Theron

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TylerN View Post
    Probably this, as for everything or almost everything "seemingly everyone" is complaining about. When you compare forum posts to people actually playing (and enjoying mostly everything, or at the very least being neutral towards it), it's hard not to see the forumgoers as anything but a vocal minority.

Vol'jin is awesome. I was stoked when it was a fore gone conclusion he was going to be Warchief. Haters gonna hate. He's Warchief now. Lok'tar Ogar mother *******!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    I don't want a half naked illiterate guy as my leader. I've never liked Vol'jin or any other troll, I simply think they're an inferior race. I loved Garrosh, but aside from that I'd have been most happy if Thrall took the throne, or another prominent orc. I'd have been okay with Lor'themar or Sylvanas too (though the latter wouldn't fit the bill) or maybe even Baine. Literally the only major Horde character I'd have voted Vol'jin over is Gallywix.
    Garrosh was half naked as well, and a lot more likely to be illiterate than Vol'jin.

Voljin's story reminds me of guild drama is why I don't like him. You have the GM, Thrall, who needs to stop playing a while to focus on school or some shit, and Voljin was like his Co-GM /officer since the start of the guild. Then you have garrosh who was invited much later and only recently gained officer status, but he had been stepping up and really taking charge of shit and getting shit done, so thrall decided to make him the new GM.

Voljin got butthurt that he didnt become GM so he starts to try to lead a coup. He starts talking shit about garrosh behind his back to all the other officers and the members, trying to get as much support as he can. Then he even goes as far as to whine to the original GM that the new guy sucks and no one likes him to get him to come back to deal with all this pointless drama. So Voljin Gquits, makes his own guild, and tells everyone that supports him to gquit and join his new guild too, which ends up being most of the guild just because they're friends with the guy. Then thrall comes back and is like "oh god dammit" and tries to cleanup the shit storm voljin was responsible for and ends up endorsing his new guild and getting people moved over to it just so the whole guild doesn't fall completely apart.

I've seen shit like that happen in wow several times, and this whole voljin shit sounds exactly the same to me. He reminds me of a drama llama, which should be his race.
    Last edited by Dasani; 2013-11-17 at 08:43 PM.
    I like ponies and I really don't care what you have to say about that.