Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    i ment the link in this thread a video of it dying in like 4 minutes, while not a true "zerg" it's a stupidly fast kill which generally only happens on 10man like the ragnaros fight being often 4 minutes shorter on 10 vs 25, and dark animus/ji-kun speed kills on 10man.

blizzard are clearly never going to manage to balance or fix this issue so the 20man mythic is the only way.
    Ah yeah
    Yeah most likely. Doesn't mean i have to like it.
    I can live with it if they do what they talked about and begin to spit out raids with 2-3 months intervals, i guess.
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    It was, it just wasn't neccessary due to the way the fight worked. To put it in perspective, remember that the AOE pulses from adds used to give +2 corruption. In a 10 man, you had to kill 6 adds + 5 adds to cleanse every one of your DPS from corruption, and tanks/healers would spawn no adds. This means that tanks/healers could easily cover picking up every buff, and you never had more than one add up at a time to focus (1 healer/tank and 1 dps going in at a time). Each pulse added 20 corruption across the raid. By
    In 25 man, on the other hand, you'd have 18+5 adds, or 23. Each of these would also pulse +2 corruption to everyone, for 50 corruption across the raid. Thus it lead to 25 man's gaining the same amount of corruption when killing an add, as they "cleansed" from going inside (50 from the unavoidable pulse, 25 from soaking the orb). Sure, it was redistributed amongst everyone, and if you went in late you'd cleanse 100 instead of 75 corruption, but you get the general idea - cleansing people basicly kept 25 man status-quo on corruption, while in 10 man, they shed a fair bit. So, TL;DR - it was totally doable in 10 man, and I know a fair few guilds that went for it on EU side due to simplicity. It just wasn't really "needed", and not neccessarely "easier" if you had half-bad dps.

It wasn't possible for most to zerg it on 10man 1st week of heroics, dunno where you got that idea from.
    Last edited by icecoldsir; 2013-11-19 at 03:31 AM. Reason: Accidental'd a word

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by icecoldsir View Post
    No it wasn't possible to zerg it on 10man 1st week of heroics, dunno where you got that idea from.
    It was actually. Went in a group of under geared alts on 10m first 8 just for lolz, it was def possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Yes View Post
    It was actually. Went in a group of under geared alts on 10m first 8 just for lolz, it was def possible.
    Sure ya did bud, mind linking your main btw? Your BS claims of being 14/14H and saying this tier was easy are pretty annoying.

Deleted
    Sure ya did bud, mind linking your main btw? Your BS claims of being 14/14H and saying this tier was easy are pretty annoying.
    It will not be helpful to the situation. After linking and proving you wrong, you will simply come up with something else to attack me with.

It wasn't possible for most to zerg it on 10man 1st week of heroics, dunno where you got that idea from.
    It was very possible, dunno where you got that idea it wasn't possible from. Someone in this very thread mentioned his (or her) guild zerg'd it on 10 on first week. Took me 10s to find the vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3QUMvb2ZCPU . 10m guilds just never bothered with zerg'ing because it wasn't necessary.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    My guild zerged it on 10H first week (Norushen that is), not sure what you're talking about.

Deleted
    I'd be interested to see a 25man version video of this

Quote Originally Posted by Castigo View Post
    I'd be interested to see a 25man version video of this
    Seems very unlikely. My guild has some quite decent dps (top 10-20 on the majority of heroic bosses when you exclude bugged logs, Chinese and double logs on worldoflogs in terms of kill-speed), and we'd never even get close to that. ALOT more gear is neccessary. Main issue is the fact that 25 man already drops healers (going down to 3-4) to get where we are on the boss ATM - drop one or two more (depending on if you 3 or 4 healed), and you'd be unlikely to just survive the normal encounter damage. Which basicly means that what 25 man does is already a "zerg", per say - we can't optimise the setup to get more DPS than we do.
    Last edited by Dracodraco; 2013-11-19 at 04:13 PM.

Deleted
    a blood dk can keep himself alive vs the boss easily past the first shield (did it on first week of hcs just to see if it was possible) but the burst required to kill the boss just before the first shield would require 9 enhancement shamans XD - maybe with nerfs this will be a viable tact but yeah XD

Quote Originally Posted by Braindwen View Post
    No need to make up meanings. You wouldn't ignore the belt regardless of what you're doing because you don't want to give him the shield.

Though there's apparently no reason to 1-tank (which I can believe), so "zerging" (i.e. 1/1/8) doesn't make sense compared to just 1-healing it and doing it otherwise normally.
    I don't think you understand the definition. Zerging means to go straight in and charge attack, ignoring mechanics and aiming to destroy before any strategies need to be implemented.

maybe with the nerf coming up a nerf strat should be really viable. we will have it a try. yesterday was our first attempt at all on this boss, and we just zerged him without anything to watch. we came to 55%. now we maybe can build a strat around that. what to kill and what to leave out.
    13/13

Monk

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by siccora View Post
    maybe with the nerf coming up a nerf strat should be really viable. we will have it a try. yesterday was our first attempt at all on this boss, and we just zerged him without anything to watch. we came to 55%. now we maybe can build a strat around that. what to kill and what to leave out.
    None of the changes seem to indicate this, unless belt weapon get a *big* reduction in hitpoints, so you can reliably solo them *and* Overload will be a joke, so you can easily have 5+ stacks. Both of these are rather doubtful.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    None of the changes seem to indicate this, unless belt weapon get a *big* reduction in hitpoints, so you can reliably solo them *and* Overload will be a joke, so you can easily have 5+ stacks. Both of these are rather doubtful.
    The nerfs are said to be around 10% (a tweet said so at least). You won't be able to solo the belts, but one healing with a disc priest and doing maximum damage will definitely be a lot easier. Killing boss before the sixth belt that is. Mines are nerfed either way though, so it may be better to just do it the fatboss way.