Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

This game is not playable if you don't have friends... or is it?

I think I'll go back to playing Dota on WC3, I'm almost having a heart attack after the last days trying to play Dota 2.
    It's just... so much stupidity, I just can't deal with it.

How do you manage to win a game if you're not playing with 5 friends of yours?
    I swear, I've ACTUALLY tried to be nice to people, help them on what build to get, what items to buy, but they don't listen...
    the ones that supposedly listen are chinese/russians with horrible broken english that don't even make sense, feed and leave.

Others just tell me to fuck off and ''to get off your high horse'' when the guy is 0-10 and you're just trying to help them.

I only manage to win (and I don't even mean this as bragging, I'm just telling my experience with the game) when I have teammates that won't outright feed 0-15 or so, and I can focus on what I'm doing without having to be a coach to the entire freaking team, playing weaver/huskar etc.

Well, I have same problem but not as bad as yours. People I am getting on my team are terrible. The thing is, enemy is shit as well. I gave a huge break because of time limitations but started playing again last month. Before break, my games were very good. I think my MMR is decreased but not sure how that can happen me without playing. You should find someone with high MMR and queue with them because game is not playable for experienced players with a new account as far as I know.
    Last edited by Kuntantee; 2013-11-17 at 10:02 PM.

Anyone knows that they are taking wins into MMR calculation? Because I have pretty low win (around 490) for someone been playing from september - november 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    Well, I have same problem but not as bad as yours. People I am getting on my team are terrible. The thing is, enemy is shit as well. I gave a huge break because of time limitations but started playing again last month. Before break, my games were very good. I think my MMR is decreased but not sure how that can happen me without playing. You should find someone with high MMR and queue with them because game is not playable for experienced players with a new account as far as I know.
    My enemies usually aren't good, they are moderate at best, but still... I guess I just have had terrible luck this last week with feeders/leavers.
    It's like the game is conspiring against me.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    Crawl your way out of low wins and it gets better. I tend to find that when I play with my friends (who dont play a lot) all you see are people spamming "omg report" (probably LoL players) or a bunch of useless russians, even though you ticked English.

But yeah, just play through the pain lol.
    I swear, I'll snap one day.

What's with all of these russians and chinese playing on our servers? I mean, if they at least could make sense, I wouldn't have a problem, but they can't even say simple things such as ''bot is missing'' etc.

Why the hell won't they play on their servers?

And why do Russians always pick pudge, Good Lord...

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel Tyrael View Post
    My enemies usually aren't good, they are moderate at best, but still... I guess I just have had terrible luck this last week with feeders/leavers.
    It's like the game is conspiring against me.
    I don't see any leavers on my games but my friends play at low skill bracket and they have leaver one of every two games. This month made me realize something, I either dominate the game or lose so hard. Last week we had a game that lasted 70 min or so and it was pretty balanced game. I realized that how fun a dota game can be. Unfortunately, that's 1% no matter what your mmr is. I started to think that moba games are flawed by their very core idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't find solo match making that bad. There are terrible people every now and again don't get me wrong, but I don't encounter them enough that I actually dislike solo queue.

Deleted
    If you want to have a decent win & you need to play with someone else who is decent, 2 if possible.

I played with 2 other guys in most of my games, both of them are normal tier at best, one of then low ( 48% win :/ ), I find i have 55 - 60% win if i solo q, i have around 50% when i q with my friends.

-_-

Deleted
    Don't take losing pubs too seriously, it's really not worth it since it might turn you into a bitter person. Oh, and if you think that higher league matches are full of helpful, friendly players and no one is feeding or raging you are in for a harsh reality check when you'll get up there.

Having friends that play isn't enough - personally, it can actually be worse if they are in a way way lower skill bracket than yourself and insist on playing together, sticking with you 100% (more like 90% since they die often). Low skilled friends - not even once... unless you just want to have "innocent" fun throwing games mindlessly ( at least with my buddies; maybe yours are willing to learn ).

Deleted
    And you just had a taste of what the entitled "casual" playerbase is

Yes, you are right. You can no longer play a competitive multiplayer game without friends.

Remember the times when everyone in CS, for an example, was either good or the scum that everyone laughed at? Or the times when it was so easy to find a good guild in WoW because everyone in it actually wanted to commit and wasn't an entitled retard? Or like in your example, the people who played W3 (dota) weren't close to how retarded people currently are?

Those days are long gone m8, and it's not because the old gaming generation grew up. It's worse - the current gaming generation that replaced us is a generation of kids who feel that they should receive everything for free and not work hard for it. We weren't even close to that...
    Damn I remember how hard me and my friends worked for a certain goal in a game, later reflecting that in the real life. I seriously don't know how the current generation is supposed to take care of us in 40-50 years

Quote Originally Posted by TUWOD View Post
    Don't take losing pubs too seriously, it's really not worth it since it might turn you into a bitter person. Oh, and if you think that higher league matches are full of helpful, friendly players and no one is feeding or raging you are in for a harsh reality check when you'll get up there.

Having friends that play isn't enough - personally, it can actually be worse if they are in a way way lower skill bracket than yourself and insist on playing together, sticking with you 100% (more like 90% since they die often). Low skilled friends - not even once... unless you just want to have "innocent" fun throwing games mindlessly ( at least with my buddies; maybe yours are willing to learn ).
    I have same situation. I am constantly playing with my two newbie friend and most of the time we lose because of lack of their impact on game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lately I never play DotA 2 pubs at all without at least 1 friend.

"It's dangerous to go alone, take this!" goes into mind.

Mute everyone at the start of the game, and treat it like a bot game. You'll have peace of mind and if the MM system gives you a bunch of feeders, at least they can't yell at you anymore.

When i started during the beta had no friends since they weren't in I was pretty much solo and it is hell, I remember very early on I went to a -20 loss streak it was terrible and I almost quit. But a while after things got better once I got higher up in levels and I started adding friendly people and things are just dandy now

Rule #1. If you dont have friends prior to playing dota 2, play and make some online.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    Crawl your way out of low wins and it gets better. I tend to find that when I play with my friends (who dont play a lot) all you see are people spamming "omg report" (probably LoL players) or a bunch of useless russians, even though you ticked English.

But yeah, just play through the pain lol.
    Pretty much this. I still get South Americans from time to time, especially if I'm queuing outside of prime time for the US, but they seem to be a little more competent and a little more willing to speak English than the typical "Brazilian."

You wouldn't have any better luck with War3 Dota - your games would still be filled with assholes, leavers, and trolls. It's dumb, but until Valve figures out some way of proactively dealing with these fucksticks, you just have to grit your teeth and grind through the pain until you get to the next "bracket."
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

It is playable. If you are -or you think you are- good, get a carry>win the game. Every single LoL player judging Dota is the same, "that hero is op, carries are op blabla". And it is true. That is exactly what the game is at low levels of skill. For low MMR, carries are OP. Because the other team will probably leave you alone to farm or will try to gank you in a very stupid way. As a result, you'll get your farm, then proceed to roflstomp and end the game quick.

I never play pudge. I despise playing pudge. I don't like the pressure I feel when I play pudge. So, I created a lvl1 steam account, got dota, and tried my pudge on that. The result? Fucking something like 50 kills. It was ridiculous and too fucking simple.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's just new players.... I think. I've played solo in this game since I started. I now have about 2100 hours... (I started playing February... yes no life....) but I have about 52% win rate.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Of course I like to win, but its all the abuse that irritates me. Not that it hurts me or anything, but why cant you just play a game for what it is? A game. Youre supposed to have fun.

Deleted
    Sometimes....you will get a bad luck streak for like a whole weak.
    Nerve wreaking, but it happens. Usually the next week feels way better

Can't wait for matchmaking ! (won't actually change much for me but it is something to strive upon)
    Also I really miss all those stats we had on HoN it was pretty interesting, I know I can go on dotabuff, but it's not the same and doesn't have everything. Something like that IG would be prety nice to have.
    Well, seems like i'm digressing a lot here ahah.

But yeah.... don't despair. Yes some people will be total dicks and there will always be russians on EU servers...We just have to deal with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bugs View Post
    Of course I like to win, but its all the abuse that irritates me. Not that it hurts me or anything, but why cant you just play a game for what it is? A game. Youre supposed to have fun.
    Some people seem to think that solo queue matchmaking in Dota 2 is srs bissniss. For me, (when I don't mute everyone as I usually end up doing most of the time) as long as you either don't say anything at all or leave it at things like "gj" and "gg" and "can I go mid?" and simple non-offensive stuff like that it's okay. Any kind of criticism or whining in a solo queue match just completly pisses me off, because it simply isn't the place for it.