Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Show current Attack Power addon

I need an addon that shows my current attack power. Just want something simple. Found http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/rangedattackpower but i cant lock this one which means I cant use it.

What do you guys use?

10+ Year Old Account
    the character pane?

Apparently I need to clarify. I need an addon that shows my RAP in a specific place on my screen that I can see at all times.

10+ Year Old Account
    I use elvui, it give you the option to pin it to your chat window or you can pin it to your loot/trade window, that is to say if you are using elvui.
    Other then that I cannot help you, sorry.

I don't use an addon like that, the closest to that I use is weakauras to track trinket procs.

What do you need your RAP overview for?

Deleted
    Should be simple to just make a weakaura for it, you're better off taking your question to the Interface & macros forum.

Yeah an addon for this is likely overkill, just make a text WeakAura with this custom function (untested):

Code:
    function ()
        local base, posBuff, negBuff = UnitRangedAttackPower("player");
        local effective = base + posBuff + negBuff;
        return(effective)
    end
    Then you can style it and position it or whatever else you want with WeakAuras.

Cheers, i'm a totaly noob when it comes to scripting but I wrote this:

Code:
    function()
        local rap = UnitRangedAttackPower("player")

return(rap)
    end
    Seams to work fine but what the diff from what you wrote delk?

You're just discarding the posBuff and negBuff variables and only keeping your base RAP. I'm not 100% on exactly what constitutes as a buff or debuff to RAP, you'd have to do some testing. Trueshot Aura bonus AP might be under posBuff, for example.

Where in weak auras would you paste that text?

Made a short video for comparison, doesn't seam to be much diff to me. Feel free to point any problems you can think of.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oOGfNl6tLJc

Quote Originally Posted by Rackfu View Post
    If you're running with original Weakauras, you'll most likely have to install Weakauras 2. It is not an update, but apparently a whole "new" addon, but you can delete Weakauras & install Weakauras 2, it automatically saves all the weakauras you've made.

When you now open Weakauras 2, the first option is a text option, where you can post "strings" or whatever they're called, codes.

Quote Originally Posted by Rackfu View Post
    You'd make a new Text WeakAura and in the Display tab under Custom Function you'd paste in the text I posted earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by Zackiz View Post
    Made a short video for comparison, doesn't seam to be much diff to me. Feel free to point any problems you can think of.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oOGfNl6tLJc
    Yeah looks pretty much the same to me! I dunno what would cause those values to be used then.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesiz View Post
    If you're running with original Weakauras, you'll most likely have to install Weakauras 2. It is not an update, but apparently a whole "new" addon, but you can delete Weakauras & install Weakauras 2, it automatically saves all the weakauras you've made.

When you now open Weakauras 2, the first option is a text option, where you can post "strings" or whatever they're called, codes.
    Well it should work in the original WeakAuras as well, but I'd just get WeakAuras 2 anyway as WeakAuras 1 is dead. Make sure when you're uninstalling WA1 that you don't also delete saved addon settings as that will wipe out your WeakAura collection.

Quote Originally Posted by delk View Post
    You'd make a new Text WeakAura and in the Display tab under Custom Function you'd paste in the text I posted earlier.
    Thanks, works great.

How would I go about doing the same thing and having it return my Ranged Crit Chance?

GetRangedCritChance("player") instead of UnitRangedAttackPower("player")

I created a Weak Aura to show your current and maximum attack power as a progress bar.

It will adjust per reload/reset etc. You can move and re-size it as you like.

Try it out and tell me if you like it.

http://pastebin.com/zcBYEt36
    Last edited by rustyboy; 2013-11-26 at 10:45 PM.

Deleted
    elvui 10chars

i think by declaring "local" here: local base, posBuff, negBuff = UnitRangedAttackPower("player");

u r defining variables that lives only inside that function call. so most likely base and posBuff will have value equivalent to 0, while negBuff will hold the value of UnitRangedAttackPower() function.

so, local effective = base + posBuff + negBuff; pretty much equal to UnitRangedAttackPower("player");

Quote Originally Posted by anjan011 View Post
    i think by declaring "local" here: local base, posBuff, negBuff = UnitRangedAttackPower("player");

u r defining variables that lives only inside that function call. so most likely base and posBuff will have value equivalent to 0, while negBuff will hold the value of UnitRangedAttackPower() function.

so, local effective = base + posBuff + negBuff; pretty much equal to UnitRangedAttackPower("player");
    Using the same method as http://voximmortalis.com/wiki/WeakAu...nitAttackPower

Quote Originally Posted by rustyboy View Post
    I created a Weak Aura to show your current and maximum attack power.

It will adjust per reload/reset etc. You can move and resize it as you like.

Try it out and tell me if you like it.

http://pastebin.com/zcBYEt36
    Nice one! Gonna try it out next raid