Windows 8 or 7 for gaming pc

I know this has probably been ask a thousand times here but I'm about to build my own gaming pc and need to decide between those two. Which one is better for gaming and general performance? I have heard a few bad things about windows 8 but don't know much about the details.

Deleted
    I just got windows 8 on my PC, and i can recommend windows 7 to everyone, WIndows 8 is not a bad System but alot of drivers and some programs ( i recall GTAIV ) as an example dont run or dont run with ease on the system. While everything will run on windows 7 just fine.

don't know very much about W8 atm but the only downside i have to say about Win7 is that Fallout 3 doesn't work with it

Asus Prime x299 | Intel i7-7800x | Corsair H110i cpu watercooler | MSI Sea Hawk gtx 1080 | 16gb DDR4 3000hz GSkill RGB | Samsung 960 evo 250gb M.2 + Samsung 850 EVO 1TB SSD | Corsair AX760 | Corsair Crystal series 570x case | Windows 10 Home Premium 64-bit | Acer 23 inch monitor 1920x1080 + LG 23inch 1920x1080 + Asus 144hz 1920x1080|

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends on if you have other computers that you use - if you have other machines that are 8, it's worth going 8. Performance-wise, 8 is just ahead but it's minimal. You can grab any of them though.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd say there is probaly little reason to not get windows 8 .
    8700K (5GHz) - Z370 M5 - Mugen 5 - 16GB Tridentz 3200MHz - GTX 1070Ti Strix - NZXT S340E - Dell 24' 1440p (165Hz)

To be completely honest, if you have neither, I don't think there's any reason to ever get Windows 7 if you're not looking for specific compatibility.
    If you already have 7, I don't think spending money to get 8 is worth it.

But Windows 8 is a much more genuine and experience, it's also less resource heavy and the Taskmanager is Godly.
    Make sure you spend most of the time in Desktop-mode and you're golden. Modern UI is far from useless (it's fantastic compared to start menus) but Desktop mode is still better

Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    To be completely honest, if you have neither, I don't think there's any reason to ever get Windows 7 if you're not looking for specific compatibility.
    If you already have 7, I don't think spending money to get 8 is worth it.

But Windows 8 is a much more genuine and experience, it's also less resource heavy and the Taskmanager is Godly.
    Make sure you spend most of the time in Desktop-mode and you're golden. Modern UI is far from useless (it's fantastic compared to start menus) but Desktop mode is still better
    Awesome, I'm getting the 8. I thought it would be just the squares type of mess but now I see it can also be just like previous ones.

For the love of ALL THAT IS HOLY...go with Windows 7...I HATE Win 8 but I'm stuck with it.

Ah, right. Please stick to one thread; You already have thread concerning your recent build up.

Thread closed.