do you switch weapon imbues in combat in pvp

do shaman switch weapon imbues in combat?

for pvp.. like if youre getting focused, do you switch to rockbiter? and if youre trying to help deal dmg, do you switch to flametongue?

this is all assuming that you have unleashed fury talent.

Deleted
    I tried doing so some time ago but decided that in the end it's not really worth it. I wish imbue swapping just had it's own internal cooldown but would be off the global cd. That way we get rewarded for doing imbue swapping without being immediately penalized such as we are now. The current system just feels to clunky to be worth it, such as with your rockbiter example for example. Using it, unleashing and switching back uses up 3 globals which could have been used for say healing or kiting or w/e. Sure you get some hefty damage reduction but it's short lived and only affects one person. In a 3's match that would mean that one other guy is still going all out against you without any damage reduction and your last 3 globals did nothing to stop that.
    I'm not saying that it can't be useful at all, but in it's current state imbue switching just seems too much of a hassle for it to be worth it, at least in my opinion.
    Last edited by mmoccdd2d3f444; 2013-11-18 at 01:28 AM.

You would need one weapon for each imbue, and make it weapon swap instead of imbue switch.

The tricky part I would imagine is in assuring that wf always stays in mh, and only oh switches (At least I think that would be best).
    The tricky part in that would be if the weapons in the offhand where the same, a macro would not be able to differentiate.
    That said, having three different kinds of offhand weapons every season...annoying.

I haven't played for a while but remembered that the whole dual wield thing, combined with imbues and macros, was a nightmare to manage. That, and the gcds wasted for imbue swap, generally do not make imbue dancing feasible. If not for the lost UF:FB sprint, at least we do not lose much from FB anymore. ELW isn't all that powerful either I'd say, and RB is at least not as good as it could be, given that you have to cast it on the target you want to take less damage from (and only on it).
    Quote Originally Posted by Angoth
    I'm sorry that Blizzard won't just gift wrap awesome in a cup and let you drink your fill.

I used to, but with the small duration, and the hassle of swapping, it's just not worth it in context to say Warriors who could stance dance (basically the same thing).

The only time I've imbue switched this expansion has been a few times in 5.1. A preemptive Rockbiter Unleash before I was focused and was able to survive the damage in arena, and this tier on Garrosh; taunting the adds spawned by Empowered WC.

I really wish they could do a much better system with it, I really do. But in its current form it's just horrible.

As a resto in a 3s combo (monk/war) I would in the early gear phases switch to rock-biter for the damage reduction and speed boost - it meant I could escape for a while the crappy experience that is bladestorm/ring'o'frost which was becoming a bit of an irritant. But now the gear is better I can survive a little better and don't waste the CDs.