Thread: Capslock

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    Pretty sure you can disable the Win Key. I know you can Stickykeys. I never checked for CAPS LOCK, tbh.
    You can?! Thank you PC gods!

I've never in all the 30 years I've been using computers had a compelling reason to need it.
    Never programmed in cobol? Here's the very first image of cobol code that comes up in google:

And it looks like that particular snapshot is of cobol and .net (which is new).

I think it's just a social thing that we all agreed to that caps = yelling.

15+ Year Old Account
    Since when was Cobol relevant. Another proof that CAPS brings ruin.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

I saw that post, and liked the blue for containing the power.
    To me it's like yelling. The voice in my head is yelling from reading it, and it's not easier to read either. It's easier to see there's letters, but to read a long text in caps lock isn't easier

Personally i want to stab people writing in caps lock :<

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    Not before the WIN key
    I have a keyboard with a hardbutton to disable windows key, because that one is annying too, but less useless than caps lock. Made for shortcuts,

Quote Originally Posted by Lemposs View Post
    That freaking key needs to die, ops missclicked twice in a row minimize fullscreen programs... And sticky keys, urgh...
    More playing in windowed mode saves you from that >.>
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

15+ Year Old Account
    Of cos it signal urgency (on the internet yelling).

Sings say HIGH VOLTAGE not High Voltage, STOP on roads signs and not Stop.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Of cos you can, you can even remove it physically but it is still there. A huge burdon of an empty black key slot with no key in it.
    I run around using 2001 keyboards etc just to get rid of the fubar ergonometry it brings
    Yeah, it'd be nice to have useful keys in their places.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Of cos it signal urgency (on the internet yelling).

Sings say HIGH VOLTAGE not High Voltage, STOP on roads signs and not Stop.
    But the guy you linked to didn't use it that way. He were just screaming like a maniac, when asking a question.
    I would be taken aback if somebody yelled "WHAT IS YOUR NAME!???!"
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by someotherguy View Post
    Never programmed in cobol? Here's the very first image of cobol code that comes up in google:

And it looks like that particular snapshot is of cobol and .net (which is new).

I think it's just a social thing that we all agreed to that caps = yelling.
    See I would just type all of that using shift. More likely though, I'd just use a text editor that autocorrected my lower-case to all caps in for the appropriate words. I imagine such exists for COBOL. The only programming I do is VBA though. I thought COBOL was one of those languages that hardly anyone uses or knows anymore. Apparently my father programs in assembly, but I don't even know what that looks like, and I guess hardly anyone else does either.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

I never use caps lock meself, always hold shift LIKE THIS.

And also, logitechs g15 keyboard has a little slider on it that disabled the windows key for those wondering. Im sure other keyboards do now also

Quote Originally Posted by DStrukt View Post
    your name is rude then, it offends me. might report it to the mods

silly right?
    Nope. I agree, it's really fucking annoying.

Nice try to prove a point though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Damn and i had suspected a discussion about the capslock key on the Keyboard...

Not before the WIN key
    There's a "WIN" key? How does it function? Can I use it on life?

If not, I'm fine with using it in games. But life is harder for me to play.

See I would just type all of that using shift. More likely though, I'd just use a text editor that autocorrected my lower-case to all caps in for the appropriate words. I imagine such exists for COBOL. The only programming I do is VBA though. I thought COBOL was one of those languages that hardly anyone uses or knows anymore. Apparently my father programs in assembly, but I don't even know what that looks like, and I guess hardly anyone else does either.
    sorry to rez thread for off-topic.

COBOL is still pretty important language, as a lot of software was written in it. So it's gotta be maintained. COBOL wasn't used to write throw-away code that a lot of us are familiar with such as UI. UI technology constantly improves and things get recoded to look better and better in newer languages, but a ton of behind-the-scene logic is still in cobol. Heck, we use COBOL.NET at work .. COBOL .NET!

Assembly is used as well, sometimes if a C++ program blows up, you may need to check on it in assembly- we had an issue I remember of blowing the max stack - on windows it's like 1mb or so by default, so it wasn't a bug in code, but rather the limit that caused the crash.