Page 1 of 2
LastLast

So all evidence indicates that I am bad

I am bad and I am not happy with that.
    Where do you guys look for information on how to be a good warlock ?

Deleted
    Noxxic.com is the best site on the internet right now for any class. Even Method players go there for advice.

No but seriously; the MMO-champion threads are usually good to learn a class at a decent level. They often teach you haste breakpoints, rotation differences on different fights etc etc.
    Not always the best source, especially depending on which class you want info on, but they're good enough to get you going.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Megamisama View Post
    Noxxic.com is the best site on the internet right now for any class. Even Method players go there for advice.
    I thought you were being serious then for a second, I almost cried!

On topic though, I mainly just keep updated on the fourms

Quote Originally Posted by Miminz View Post
    You know enough to come on to mmochamp. I'm sure you can handle the rest yourself.

Deleted
    Seems pretty good to me: http://sparkuggz.com/

Sparkuggz, Noxxic, Elitist Jerks. Noxxic is probably the most simple though for finding all the information in one place, but it won't be the 'best'.
    Quote Originally Posted by TCGamer View Post
    If I had the cash to pay a DDoSer, I would in a heartbeat. Especially with the way the anti-legacy crowd has been attacked by the pro-legacy crowd day in and day out.

thank you very much for the help I will check the sites asap

10+ Year Old Account
    Check our stickied guides at the top of the board! And then if the information you find in those guides still leaves you with questions, simply ask them in that same stickied guide and there'll be plenty of people that can give you answers.

Icy-veins.com is amazing in both the guides and forums. Plenty of helpful people on forums there and here.

Deleted
    Decide you wana be the very best and play warlock 10h a day and not being bad follows.

In general the class threads on Mmo champ are very good.

Everyone have been bad back in the days, just keep playing man. cheers
    Last edited by Dnusha; 2013-12-16 at 06:45 AM.

Deleted
    Please dont take noxxic.com serious its terrible.
    Use sparkuggz.com or icy-veins.com

Nice, with that attitude, u will Improve fast.

No sarcasm, once u realize that there is alot of depth to play a character great u will improve very fast, check for stat priority, reforging, regeming, Opening rotations, singeltarget rotation, 2-4 rotation, >4 rotation and so on, learn to adapt you play to each situation, and Don´t slack! don´t take shortcuts and u will improve greatly.

Sparkuggz is one of my favorite sites (although my lock is like 3:rd alt) .

One last thing, Play your favorit specc, Mastering something fun is worth alot more than mastering something u dont enjoy just becouse someone said it was a 5% dps increase, remeber, to be great u need to put a few hours in to it, and why not have fun when u do it?

Many say they want to get better but have next to no real motivation. Anyone who really puts the effort there and enjoys improving his game (and gear) will get there.

I don't normally inspect anyone but 10 minutes ago I inspected a random warlock because I was bored. He had full pve epics around 500-522 item level. Not a single gem in all those gem slots. No glyphs, except for one minor glyph. No enchants either of course. He was a typical player who might say he wants to get better but in reality can't even be bothered to use glyphs. There really are tons of people like that playing this game.
    Last edited by 6kle; 2013-11-18 at 05:22 PM.

Deleted
    Icy-veins.com are really good - class guides, raid guides. Everything

For there to be GOOD players there have to be BAD players, else how would you define good

Sucks to be you, but its the truth!

Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelle View Post
    For there to be GOOD players there have to be BAD players, else how would you define good

Sucks to be you, but its the truth!
    Regardless of that, with enough effort a bad player can become good. Players that skipped the whole being bad phase are kinda rare and speaking for myself now, when I started playing, I sucked, like really hard, and it took about 2 years till I actually decided to improve because I was tired of dying to stupid stuff, doing low damage, etc.
    Last edited by Nicola; 2013-11-22 at 01:51 AM.

Deleted
    If you played a WoW-char on 90 for more than a few days, then it's pretty simple to skip the "really bad phase" and jump right to the "average" level, and from there, you can elevate yourself to the "good"-level, if you practice.
    If you follow some basic principles, then you can learn to play every class ingame right of the bat and you have to invest 20-30 minutes of your time.

1. Learn your main-abilities and what they do. Look up the spell/ability-priorities, statpriorities, talents, and glyphs from sites like mmo-champion.com.

2. Place the ~5-6 abilities, which you use very often on easy to reach keys. Also, if you have several characters, use the same places in your bar and use the same keybindings for similar spells, like f.e. silence.

3. DONT click, use keybindings. Sounds silly, but its not. A lot of underperforming players click their abilities and say, that thats not the coreproblem of their performance and that they can do it, just fine. Yes i know, that there are players, who can play very good and click, but these are like 1 in 20 of the clickers.

4. The basic principle of EVERY class(or role->healer/dd/tank respectively) is the same. If you keep that in mind and put the abilities in the categories and the overview over the class is much less complicated. You have f.e. your resource-building spells, which are in most cases also the fillerspells and are used in the case you cant do anything else, like Incinerate, SB od MG or, if you play a monk, Jab a.s.o. Also you have your abilities, which you spend the resources on, like CB, Haunt, SB:SS a.s.o. Then there are spells, which are either buffs for the player(like tiger palm for monks or Inquisition for retpalas) or debuffs (like dots), which should be applied all the time. Then there are also executespells and aoe spells/st-spells and learning when to use which. In these categories you can basically copy/paste most of the abilities of every (dd)-class and adjust a few things here and there and you are golden.

5. Utilize you proccs!!! This one is also very important and seperates a lot of "bad" players from average/good players. Learn which abilities should be used while some major proccs. So in case of a destructionwarlock you use CB, if your trinkets procc a.s.o. Addons like Weakauras or Affdots will help a great deal.

6.Learn to use your CDs properly. Learn when to use Dark Soul, Killing Spree, a.s.o.

7. Look up, what survivability-options you have (selfheal, defcds a.s.o.) and use them.

8. The rest is practice and learning more techniques. But this comes with time.

9. After a few raids(if you are raiding), save your combatlogs and look at worldoflogs of the better players and compare the usage of your abilities and CDs (not the dmg, but the relative percentage). f.e. if you notice, that 80% of your dmg is done by incinerate and the incinerate-dmg of the top players jut @25%, then you know,that something is wrong and you can work on that and improve there. This will take just ~2-5 minutes and will help a great deal, to improve your dmg.

If you consider these few simple things, then you will be better, than half of the WoW-players and the research for the whole class, rearranging the spells in your bar a.s.o. will take just 30 minutes of your time, but will improve the following MONTHS of gametime.

Quote Originally Posted by -Skye View Post
    Sparkuggz, Noxxic, Elitist Jerks. Noxxic is probably the most simple though for finding all the information in one place, but it won't be the 'best'.
    I find icy-veins.com to be more simple and have better information than noxxic
    bonus points for using common sense unlike noxxic
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!