Thread: Ferals

10+ Year Old Account

Ferals

Hey,

I used to play a Warrior for 5 years, but I'm sick of how they keep dumbing the class down.

My friends and me want to come back to wow so we can level up on a new realm and be ready for Warlords of Draenor.
    My question is, are Feral druids still any good? I used to play one in Late Cataclysm and loved it but i'm just wondering if they're still the same.

Thanks,

-Mitta.

Atm they are still good. If you used to be good on feral you will be also now. Nice dps, nice mobility...nice/sick healing (yesterday a feral did 880k healing ...in a double dps match that was pretty short).

But hey, in WoD you can never know.

15+ Year Old Account
    Well if you wanna see how competitive they are, check armory arena rankings.
    But as always - in good hands any class is good.

Ferals are OP as fuck. The only reason people don't whine about them is because there aren't that many of them, not like warriors, so hardly anyone gets steamrolled 24/7 by a feral.

Wanna know a fun fact? I can't even remember the last time I actually killed a feral druid anywhere. Most of the times they manage to run away, beat me or get help. The last time I actually killed one was in TBC.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just made a feral druid. Thanks :P

Quote Originally Posted by Molestron View Post
    Ferals are OP as fuck. The only reason people don't whine about them is because there aren't that many of them, not like warriors, so hardly anyone gets steamrolled 24/7 by a feral.

Wanna know a fun fact? I can't even remember the last time I actually killed a feral druid anywhere. Most of the times they manage to run away, beat me or get help. The last time I actually killed one was in TBC.
    There's a few things wrong with this post but okay.

@OP, it completely depends on what you're wanting to do. Ferals are pretty bad in 2s, they never had a place in 5s and nobody would ever take them to RBGs unless they need a flag funner, but as far as I know there are better classes than Feral who can flag run.

In 3s, Ferals are performing 'okay'. They are pretty average and while they do okay damage, you're forced into playing with either a Priest or a Paladin healer (for symbiosis, because Ferals have no 'strong' defensive CDs outside of shield wall). There is no reason to bring a Feral over a Warrior to any 3s composition at the moment.

If you're wanting to do BGs, then thats fine. Pretty much every class can be viable in BGs and you'll have fun doing them. Ferals are also still reasonably strong in 1v1 scenarios against most classes.

Deleted
    warriors currently are one of the best (if not the best until everyone has full s14) classes around while ferals are pretty mediocre so if i were you i'd stick with warrior. there is still a HUGE difference between a decent and a good (2,2k+) warrior. the class is hardly "dumbed down", most players just dont know how to play it

Quote Originally Posted by Snuggli View Post
    Ferals are pretty bad in 2s,
    Feral /disc is one of those traditional powerhouse 2s comps. It's not great this season due to warriors being so strong and disc being somewhat weak.

But WoD is a new day.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nethqz View Post
    warriors currently are one of the best (if not the best until everyone has full s14) classes around while ferals are pretty mediocre so if i were you i'd stick with warrior. there is still a HUGE difference between a decent and a good (2,2k+) warrior. the class is hardly "dumbed down", most players just dont know how to play it
    The problem with the warriors is that soon or later they will eat some sick nerf and become useless for 1 season at the next one they make some changes and BaM warr again is Op in some situation (now they are filled with interrupts + stuns and have gread defense and mobility)
    Ferals are medicore but they almost never get major changes and evn if they do you can go boomkin tadaa
    So mine opinion is make drood bro and learn all his specs and you will never look the warrior after