Question About Monitors

So, I got my very own computer for Christmas about 7 years ago, with a keyboard, mouse and a LED moinitor.Fast forward to my new gaming computer and a few before that. Iv kept my screen, it works fine, it's ran on all my computers. and I don't have an issue with it... It's just getting old obviously. I also have an HDMI cable hooked up to an 32 inch Emerson TV , nothing special 200$ sale couple years ago, bottom end LED tv.

Question: Is there a reason for me to buy a new one? Do newer ones effect graphics, gaming, movies etc? Once in awhile I find my screens flicker and my graphics card says it wasn't responding and has recovered, but that's once in a blue moon and was not sure if it had anything to do with screens.

So yeah, should I upgrade my screen? I just don't understand why I would, when they both work fine. They are just lower end and old.
    Last edited by BetrayedOf52; 2013-11-18 at 06:17 AM.

Go to a store and have a look. That's really the only way to tell. Is the investment worth it to you ?

Also what resolution is the tv ? and what graphics card ?
    | Intel i5-4670k | Asus Z87-Pro | Xigmatek Dark Knight | Kingston HyperX Fury White 16GB | Sapphire R9 270x | Crucial MX300 750GB | WD 500GB Black | WD 1TB Blue | Cooler Master Haf-X | Corsair AX1200 | Dell 2412m | Ducky Shine 3 | Logitech G13 | Sennheiser HD598 | Mionix Naos 8200 |

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    Consider that you have but a few methods of interacting with your computer. Your monitor is nearly all the output, and your KB/mouse is nearly all the input. If you prefer the output to be as good as it can, you can only go so far as your monitor. Is it worth it? That depends on what "worth it" means to you. What resolution is it? Do you know the response times or even play games that have a huge requirement for fast response times? (High paced FPS, Racing, anything else where blur becomes a problem).

Personally, I consider it one of the most important parts of a computer. I spent well over $300 for each of my three monitors for the simple fact that I want my output to be as crisp and accurate as possible. Of course, I'm a software engineer, so that's likely overkill for most, but a resolution and response time upgrade is huge in my eyes.