Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Define nice. "cut all worst stat to best stat" isn't THAT nice.

I like the idea of reforging - but it actually translates into "go to Y website, hit reforge button, spend xyz gold" everytime you drop an upgrade, and this is starting to be more annoying than else (at least for me).

EDIT: to go deeper on my pov. It's an additional layer of optimization that was meant to give players more choices and ended being mandatory and with no choice at all (math, math everywhere). It pretty much failed to deliver the thing it was created for, but i can understand why people don't like much its removal.
    Last edited by Coldkil; 2013-11-20 at 08:00 AM.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

It went from a helpful tool to a min/maxing nightmare. Everyone wants that perfect 7.5/7.5% and every piece of gear you get generally messes with that. And pray that you don't forget to do the item upgrade before you do that since you could then have to reforge all over again!

Really though reforging is meant so that you CAN hit those almost perfect 7.5% marks for hit/exp but with the removal of those said stats in WoD it seems like reforging would be left to allowing players with sub optimal stats on a gear to try to reforge something to be more optimal for them. For instance a piece of gear drops with crit/mastery a combat rogue can reforge one of those stats into haste to benefit them more. Same with a fury warrior who gets a haste/mastery piece they can reforge that haste into crit. Neither one of those situations would call for the current system where you get a new piece of gear and then you go and spend then next 20 min regemming/reforging every single piece of gear you have spending upwards of a couple thousand gold because of one upgrade. But you'd loot a piece of gear, possibly reforge just that one piece of gear and that's it.

I think that with the removal of hit/exp they can leave reforging in and not have to worry about the headache that it caused. I mean granted there would still be sites like shadowcraft where you could find out the perfect mix of haste/crit/mastery but as showed right now with grossly inflated stats switching between mastery/crit as combat nets all of ~100 dps variance which in the next expansion would be all of ~4dps change.

I really hope they change it and allow reforging to stay in.

Agree on that, but extending the reasoning, if you cut out hit/exp you have left only a chart of 3 stats.

If an item has stat 1 and 2, you'll leave it as it is.
    If an item has 1 and 3, you'll reforge 3 to 2.
    If an item has 2 and 3, you'll reforge 3 to 1.

Reforging was actuallly useful because of those caps. With the new stats, it becomes an ultra dull and mandatory thing (while i agree it would be much more manegable and upgrades won't make your reforges a mess) - too much for a very small dps difference.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.