• Paragons of the Klaxxi

39 7.83%
  • Garrosh Hellscream

77 15.46%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Belt duty isn't hard. I feel bad for you.
    That just makes it even more mindless and boring, doesn't it? Being on the belt and wiping all the time because the rest of your raid is dying to the actual hard mechanics sucks I can imagine.

Also I had no idea that some people actually enjoyed ambershaper. That fight is so ... ugh
    Dark Animus is amazing. Tsulong as a healer deserves a mention

Stood in the Fire
    Im not sure. All of them are easy mechanics wise, nothing really fun mechanics. Ulduar had much more interesting fights than any mop raid.

- - - Updated - - -

Malkoroks fun to strech you healer epeen!

Siegecrafter heroic is my favourite.

Quite surprised that so many voted Lei Shen, I personally didn't really like the fight.
    My addons:
    Announce Interrupts: Announces in chat when you interrupt a spell.
    Tol Barad Reminder: Reminds you to queue for Tol Barad by printing a message when the battle is approaching.
    EasyLogger: Turns on /combatlog inside raid instances, and off outside.
    Simple class resource bars: Paladin Rogue Shaman Monk Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Mortalomena View Post
    Im not sure. All of them are easy mechanics wise, nothing really fun mechanics. Ulduar had much more interesting fights than any mop raid.
    One could argue that every raid boss in the history of wow have been easy mechanic wise if that's the case.

1)Garrosh
    2)Empress
    3)Malkorok

Quote Originally Posted by Rustjive View Post
    The default 25H strat is Skeer, Rikkal, Korven, Hisek, Xaril, Iyyokuk, Kaz'tik, Kil'ruk, Ka'roz. Skeer, Korven and Xaril are set in stone. All the others can move to some degree.
    Skeer first seems basic as starting dps check.
    Rik'kal second is a must as mutations get a pain in the ass the longer you have them (as mutate produces splash damage).
    Korven must die as amber is crucial.
    Hisek in combination with Iyyokuk would be nearly impossible (avoiding rapid fire while having fire beams up), so he must die forth.
    Now we have Xaril, no discussion here.
    As the fire beams are hurting the longer Iyyokuk lives, you want to kill him next.
    Kaz'tik as seventh may be discussable, but kuchongs aren't funny, so kill him.
    You may leave Kil'ruk up until end, but why as Ka'roz is pretty much doing nothing relevant (especially as you can survive a minute or more during berserk what isn't possible when Kil'ruk is up).

Quote Originally Posted by Keashaa View Post
    Skeer first seems basic as starting dps check.
    Rik'kal second is a must as mutations get a pain in the ass the longer you have them (as mutate produces splash damage).
    Korven must die as amber is crucial.
    Hisek in combination with Iyyokuk would be nearly impossible (avoiding rapid fire while having fire beams up), so he must die forth.
    Now we have Xaril, no discussion here.
    As the fire beams are hurting the longer Iyyokuk lives, you want to kill him next.
    Kaz'tik as seventh may be discussable, but kuchongs aren't funny, so kill him.
    You may leave Kil'ruk up until end, but why as Ka'roz is pretty much doing nothing relevant (especially as you can survive a minute or more during berserk what isn't possible when Kil'ruk is up).
    I have seen Hisek 2nd, Rik'kal 4th, Kaz'tik 6th, Iyyokuk 7th, Ka'roz 8th, Kil'ruk 9th. (With each difference independent, and some or all differences combined).
    http://darkcontent.wordpress.com/ - blog (updated Oct. 8, 2013). Latest post: T16H Affliction Trinket Rankings in Combination, done in SimC 540-4.

I know I am alone , but Amber shaper was my favorite.

Quote Originally Posted by Rustjive View Post
    I have seen Hisek 2nd, Rik'kal 4th, Kaz'tik 6th, Iyyokuk 7th, Ka'roz 8th, Kil'ruk 9th. (With each difference independent, and some or all differences combined).
    So you won't mind linking a video or log, I suppose. Would be interesting to see that strat, maybe we can learn something from that.

I like fights where I have to move as little as possible and don't have to think about mechanics that much so I'll take Elegon as my top boss.

Garrosh, Lei Shen and Elegon. Superb visuals and Mechanics (Elegon had alot of issues tech wise after some patches tho).

I have no experience past Tier 15, so I'll just consider everything pre-Siege.

I may be in the minority, but I really enjoyed Iron Qon. It felt like a perfect balance of DPS-check vs. mechanics that was otherwise lacking in that tier.

I nominate Twin Consorts as the "this could have been great but wasn't" fight of the expac.
    "I will say, I think it passing odd that I am loved by one for a kindness I never did, and reviled by so many for my finest act."

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Earth View Post
    I may be in the minority, but I really enjoyed Iron Qon
    It was fun as hell to heal that's for sure. Fights with lots of raid damage are always fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Earth View Post
    I nominate Twin Consorts as the "this could have been great but wasn't" fight of the expac.
    I don't think Twin Consorts had potential; the mechanics make it to unrealistic to balance between 10 and 25 man.
    Last edited by Haywire5714; 2013-11-18 at 10:15 PM.

The Patient
    Honestly loved Lei Shen, after having seen the Live Raid @ Blizzcon, I thought Dark Shaman were wayyyyyyyy cooler when I was able to take a backseat and see those meteors actually falling from the sky. You don't really have time to look up when you're tanking that fight.

Lei Shen > Elegon > Siegecrafter IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Keashaa View Post
    So you won't mind linking a video or log, I suppose. Would be interesting to see that strat, maybe we can learn something from that.
    Fairly sure that Midwinter kills Korven 4th and Hisek 3rd as I recall seeing Daught or someone else talking about it in some thread. I think the only real set in stone spots are locust and bloodseeker, with general guidelines for the others but nothing 'set in stone'.

Locust isn't really set in stone either, but not leaving it last is pretty retarded anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Mionelol View Post
    Fairly sure that Midwinter kills Korven 4th and Hisek 3rd as I recall seeing Daught or someone else talking about it in some thread. I think the only real set in stone spots are locust and bloodseeker, with general guidelines for the others but nothing 'set in stone'.

Locust isn't really set in stone either, but not leaving it last is pretty retarded anyway.
    We kill Korven 4th as well - you have to do 2 burns but for us not having to deal with another 2-3 aims was worth it, especially since there isn't a really tight dps check anymore.

Anyway, my vote goes to Siegecrafter.

I don't know what did you like about Lei Shen, my memories were always about the 300+ wipes and seeing people fall down with Helm of Command lol.
    Sure it wasn't a bad fight, but for me Paragons HC is the best one ( even though it is as bugged as the entire MoP tiers together).
    Honorable mention is Siegecrafter, i didn't like the belts tho.

As melee pov : Paragons heroic no contest really (outside of minor bugs and other shit).
    WoW = Retired Main: Ret Alt(s): War , DK

Diablo3

Will of the Emperor as a tank. Best feeling ever when you do the whole fight without getting hit once by the Devastating Combos felt amazing.

Elegon as a DPS. So much was happening and you felt like you went on a whole 'nother level with damage when you took on the form of a celestial titan being.

I don't really heal much so nothing stood out for me.

Also, are you talking raid bosses only or bosses from dungeons too? If so I nominate Raigonn in Gate of the Setting Sun, General Pa'valak in Siege of Niuzao Temple and Ook-Ook in Stormstout Brewery in terms of lulz you can do with the damage done to the bosses.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakpoth View Post
    I find it unreasonable to ask for other than obvious reasons, when the reason obviously is the obvious reason.
    Song that's currently stuck in my head: Carbon Based Lifeforms - 20 Minutes https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbPT1t-4gUs

Heroic Lei Shen hands down.