Heroic Paragons "Sting" Bug

We were on Poison mind and I pop into Scorpion and DPS away. A couple seconds later like I get hit for 1.3 mil and like 4 people get 1 shot by "Sting" from Poison Mind. Poison mind has no ability named "Sting".

Anyone else experience this?

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-jn...?s=2061&e=2485

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-jn...?s=2061&e=2485

Had it happen once on progress. Not exactly sure why. Poisoned mind seems to be able to spellreflect/"steal" spells if you're unlucky, though - I've seen a log of him stealing a shadow priests devouring plague, super powering it, and healing himself to full. Not even joking the slightest, although I forgot which guild it was, so can't dig up the log. But yea, an encounter where you fight against bugs that is filled with bugs... You get the idea <.<.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    I've seen a log of him stealing a shadow priests devouring plague, super powering it, and healing himself to full.
    That happened to us yesterday Xaril healed himself for 177 million oOo
    Lucky, we could down the boss on another try

Edit: http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-68...?s=6842&e=7280 <- that's the buggy try with Xaril healing himself
    Last edited by Keashaa; 2013-11-18 at 07:40 AM.

http://i.imgur.com/e3RhBBS.png

Whenever a player casts a spell while under the effect of Canned Heat, that spell is attributed to Xaril.

For most spells, this means they use Xaril's terrible spellpower (therefore doing very little damage/healing), but still affect the correct targets. However, Sting, for some reason, will start to tick on players instead of on its target. Devouring Plague, since it heals the caster, will heal Xaril.

(Sadly, Life Tap does not damage Xaril.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Yay new bugs. It's like this fight was tested thoroughly! On a serious note though, that bug seems really awful. (Especially from what Keashaa said)
    Jakesterwars - Jakesterwars#1531
    Tyranny

10+ Year Old Account
    What's a Mantid fight without bugs?
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

Anyway, to avoid this bug, just don't cast Sting (scorpion form ability) or Devouring Plague while under the effect of Canned Heat (the purple catalyst). There may be other problematic spells, but those are the only ones I know of.

Of course, you could almost as well just stop all damage/healing spellcasting anyway, since the spells will do very little damage/healing due to Xaril's low spellpower.

On the plus side, if you're in any danger, Canned Heat is the perfect time to use a healthstone -- it'll heal you for 20% of Xaril's maximum health, or about 80 million:

Quote Originally Posted by Aseyhe View Post
    Anyway, to avoid this bug, just don't cast Sting (scorpion form ability) or Devouring Plague while under the effect of Canned Heat (the purple catalyst). There may be other problematic spells, but those are the only ones I know of.

Of course, you could almost as well just stop all damage/healing spellcasting anyway, since the spells will do very little damage/healing due to Xaril's low spellpower.

On the plus side, if you're in any danger, Canned Heat is the perfect time to use a healthstone -- it'll heal you for 20% of Xaril's maximum health, or about 80 million:
    Could this also explain why it seemed to me that, during progress, when we got purple (canned heat)+fiery edges at the same time, the edges did almost zero damage :O?

Well that explains why he healed so much, we just assumed he healed from the fire.

Well, lets report this to Blizzard as this behavior is not intended and nowhere described. IF we should not cast while purple fire is active, that should be noted in the dungeon journal!

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    Could this also explain why it seemed to me that, during progress, when we got purple (canned heat)+fiery edges at the same time, the edges did almost zero damage :O?
    Because, fiery edge uses player as source. Fiery edge likely inherits the pitiful spellpower and becomes inconsequential as a result.