Thread: Demon hunting?

Deleted

Demon hunting?

I have a question regarding the glyph.

Does it have any uses in 5.4 except for leveling and soloing. I mean can it be used for anything in a raid or dungeons?
    Demon specc is at it stands atm the lowest of the speccs dps wise as far as I know. But can't the glyph be used for off-tanking?

10+ Year Old Account
    Glyph is pretty useless, but with good gear the spec is passable.

I tank pretty much any solo tankable lfr/flex fight with it - if a few guildies are in the raid to burn fast, that includes immerseus
    It did get hurt by the 5.4 changes, we can't drop threat via portal anymore to simulate taunting, and without drainlife/soulfire KJC, we have no 40 yard spell while moving (only spammable instant is void ray... ergh). They really should have made KJC affect soulfire when in DA when they made the changes, but I think they want to pretend it doesn't exist.

I do find it is a nice o-shit button for predictable damage on a few heroic fights that would otherwise kill you - but recognise you are giving up whatever fury >200 you have.
    Last edited by rijn dael; 2013-11-18 at 10:47 PM.

I heard that if you want to arena as demo, it's good to have demon hunting and stay on apotheosis while your friend nukes the enemies and you take the blows.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

I recently started playing a Warlock alt and leveling with two friends. We didn't have a tank-specced character (one resto druid, one dps priest, one Warlock), so once I got lvl 27, I picked up Demon Hunting and the Druid Healer queues as a tank, the Shadow Priest queues as a healer and I (Warlock tank) queue as a DPS.

Obviously, with the nerfed content, it works wonders xD. Too bad I don't get a taunt until lvl 66, but I'll just emergency summon a Voidwalker. I don't see it become a raidtank, but I do think it's a pretty unique experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    I recently started playing a Warlock alt and leveling with two friends. We didn't have a tank-specced character (one resto druid, one dps priest, one Warlock), so once I got lvl 27, I picked up Demon Hunting and the Druid Healer queues as a tank, the Shadow Priest queues as a healer and I (Warlock tank) queue as a DPS.

Obviously, with the nerfed content, it works wonders xD. Too bad I don't get a taunt until lvl 66, but I'll just emergency summon a Voidwalker. I don't see it become a raidtank, but I do think it's a pretty unique experience.
    Don't get your hopes too high on the taunt - even with it, you can't taunt bosses, only trash mobs (It is a provoke, like what pets have, not a tank taunt). But yeah, its fun being a warlock tank ^^

I hope the population of tanks stay the same or get less so blizz are forced to give us a tanking spec, that would be really good.

Quote Originally Posted by rijn dael View Post
    Don't get your hopes too high on the taunt - even with it, you can't taunt bosses, only trash mobs (It is a provoke, like what pets have, not a tank taunt). But yeah, its fun being a warlock tank ^^
    On one side, that's a pity, on the other hand, it means I might have to work for it a little bit. Do you reckon it'll still be doable in lvl 80+ dungeons? Up to 80 should, I guess, and the queues are really fast like this, plus my Healer hardly ever goes oom. edit- Actually, he never even comes close to 75% xD
    Last edited by Vespian; 2013-11-20 at 07:43 AM.