Page 1 of 8
... LastLast
    Deleted

Shortage of tank due to lfr abuse ? Lies

Blizzard blatently lied about the tank shortage. Basically they said it's because they are insulted in LFR.

Let me tell you : its bullshit. As always Blizzard lies and you know why ? Cause the shortage of tanks is due to the horrible redesign of their role at the hands of the catastrophic "ghostcrawler". Myself I used to play tank since classic wow, but MoP killed that role for me. It has become SO boring and SO useless (you have nothing to do during the raid, NO skill involved) that I stopped playing it.

There are no tanks cause tanking has become brainless. Bring back skill to that role. Let us see what is a skilled tank and what is a bad tank (no difference as of today) and people will play that class again.

Enough of blizzard lies. Shortage is because they destroyed that role, not because of lfr abuse

Quote Originally Posted by kamran View Post
    Blizzard blatently lied about the tank shortage. Basically they said it's because they are insulted in LFR.

Let me tell you : its bullshit. As always Blizzard lies and you know why ? Cause the shortage of tanks is due to the horrible redesign of their role at the hands of the catastrophic "ghostcrawler". Myself I used to play tank since classic wow, but MoP killed that role for me. It has become SO boring and SO useless (you have nothing to do during the raid, NO skill involved) that I stopped playing it.

There are no tanks cause tanking has become brainless. Bring back skill to that role. Let us see what is a skilled tank and what is a bad tank (no difference as of today) and people will play that class again.

Enough of blizzard lies. Shortage is because they destroyed that role, not because of lfr abuse
    Greg Street is the lead systems designer. His job does not involve how classes play but how the game is played and how we interact with it.

Deleted
    actually tanking requires more skill now IMO. As a healer you will see a very large difference in damage taken on a bad tank VS a good tank.
    Peace

10+ Year Old Account
    come on seriously? tanking never took very much skill, and eevery single change that is made within the game isnt automatically because of ghostcrawler. plus what exactly did they do in mop to tanks besides make them do a lil more damage? basically nothing. Stop complaining.
    My channel: Shirgadirth I used to do let's play's but now I do reviews, but not very often. Far too busy from school. Also too poor to buy games :P

When i see the quality of some of the tanks around me ( read most ) in raids i realy dont think we need higher skill req. to play the role.

Could make it more interesting tho. but what is interesting is different from player to player.

i see a lot of rage in your post but dont see a solution there, besides *HIGHER SKILL CAP!!!!!* what is it you are looking for to make it *harder* to tank ?

Yeah, stand up against The Man, keyboard warrior.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bladeface View Post
    come on seriously? tanking never took very much skill, and eevery single change that is made within the game isnt automatically because of ghostcrawler. plus what exactly did they do in mop to tanks besides make them do a lil more damage? basically nothing. Stop complaining.
    Active Mitigation, not massive but it's still a significant enough change that you didn't mention.

As Lead Ghostcrawler probably does agree to every fundamental philosophy change (eg. Active Miti/Tank DPS), although not every tiny mechanic adjustment.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drungan View Post
    When i see the quality of some of the tanks around me ( read most ) in raids i realy dont think we need higher skill req. to play the role.

Could make it more interesting tho. but what is interesting is different from player to player.

i see a lot of rage in your post but dont see a solution there, besides *HIGHER SKILL CAP!!!!!* what is it you are looking for to make it *harder* to tank ?
    Maybe, juste maybe let Aggro be a deciding factor in the tank role ? Like it has always been until firelands ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe, juste maybe let Aggro be a deciding factor in the tank role ? Like it has always been until firelands ?
    Oh yeah, lets go back to the days where tanking was establish threat then go afk!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

you want tanks to require more skill, so they'd attend LFR which is, by design, for people that lack skill and time to play more seriously..

Riiiigght, that will sure fix everything.. riiight..
    Quote Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
    In tbc everyone wished they were playing vanilla. In cataclysm everyone will wish they were playing wotlk.
    ^------True story!!

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't see tanks get anymore hate than anyone else in LFR, it's usually low DPS that get the hate.

Tanks also get the most praise out of anyone.

It's probably the least played class because you can't afk trash.

I would like threat to matter again.

10+ Year Old Account
    While I HATE what they have done to tanks. GC has nothing to do with the tank redesign.

And the shortage of tanks is because of abuse. A poll here awhile ago even proved this.
    Aye mate

10+ Year Old Account
    Ghostcrawler isn't even in charge of class mechanics. I laughed so hard reading your post just thinking about how ignorant some of the player base is. Ugh this is why we can't have anything nice.

Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    Oh yeah, lets go back to the days where tanking was establish threat then go afk!
    "WE SAID NO DPS UNDER THREE SUNDERS, BOBBY. NO, DON'T BATTLE RES HIM!"

Of all the tank problems why would someone care about aggro? And tanking now is much harder than it used to be if you realize in heroics if you don't use a proper CD you can get one shot by a boss. There's fights where you taunt swap often. I mean how do you really expect to make tanking fun? The only way is things like active mitigation, something that makes you personally have you doing something that can effect things. Good cd use? You don't die. Bad? You die.

If we went 'back to the old days' of tanking then you're right, losing and holding aggro would be the only 'fun' in tanking, and the only skill to it. All you'd do is make even fewer tanks than there are now if we're talking LFR. Lol.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Heavy Trooper View Post
    Ghostcrawler isn't even in charge of class mechanics. I laughed so hard reading your post just thinking about how ignorant some of the player base is. Ugh this is why we can't have anything nice.
    Nice use of the new trendy fanboy sentence.

GC talks about balance and class mechanics all day on twitter, basically he's not innocent when it comes to class design or else he wouldnt comment on that

Deleted
    Right now tanking is "harder" and "more involved" than it was ever before.

So no, while the different style of tanking (active mitigation instead of standing around, hoping for block/dodge/parry) may be off-putting for some, it certainly isn't because tanking is easier than before.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nice use of the new trendy fanboy sentence.

GC talks about balance and class mechanics all day on twitter, basically he's not innocent when it comes to class design or else he wouldnt comment on that
    Come on. You can't be that clueless can you? Really? If you really are just stop now before this goes any further.
    Aye mate

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by La View Post
    "WE SAID NO DPS UNDER THREE SUNDERS, BOBBY. NO, DON'T BATTLE RES HIM!"

Of all the tank problems why would someone care about aggro? And tanking now is much harder than it used to be if you realize in heroics if you don't use a proper CD you can get one shot by a boss. There's fights where you taunt swap often. I mean how do you really expect to make tanking fun? The only way is things like active mitigation, something that makes you personally have you doing something that can effect things. Good cd use? You don't die. Bad? You die.

If we went 'back to the old days' of tanking then you're right, losing and holding aggro would be the only 'fun' in tanking, and the only skill to it. All you'd do is make even fewer tanks than there are now if we're talking LFR. Lol.
    Next time I'll add a note so people like you can understand when I'm being sarcastic...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Quote Originally Posted by freighttrain View Post
    Greg Street is the lead systems designer. His job does not involve how classes play but how the game is played and how we interact with it.
    lead systems design means (by his definition) that he's the boss over everything that doesn't concern art or story.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Deleted
    you can compare the tanking of nef25Hc adds to the MoP tanking and you would know what I'm talking about

but of course hardly anyone ever killed a hc boss here. So how could you understand ?