Page 1 of 4
1
2
3
... LastLast
  1. #1

    If Everyone was nerfed as much as Shadow!

    - No one would have their 87 ability.
    - Everyones heals would be pathetic.
    - Everyones damage would take setup.
    - Everyone would have one-two CCs only.
    - CCs would have a resource cost ala Psychic Horror
    - Everyone would actually have mana issues
    - Everyone would have their silences/interrupts increased to 45 seconds or more
    - Everyone would lose their immunities (or have a max of ONE for ONE type on a long cooldown..ala fear ward)



    MAGE!
    - Alter Time cannot be used in Arena or Rated Battlegrounds
    - No Heals (except Evocation) = Stay same
    - Remove IceLance nerfed by 50-70%, Would rely on Icecicles and deepfreeze to do dmg
    - DeepFreeze no longer stuns, now roots.
    - Polymorph require and consume brainfreeze.
    - Frostbolt now cost 100% more mana.
    - Each time Mage Bombs deals damage the caster gains (2% Living bomb / 1% Neather tempest / 6% Frost bomb) of Maximum mana.
    - Counterspell now have a 45sec cooldown 30sec if used on casting targets
    - Coldsnap Removed


    WARLOCK!
    - Demonic Gateway cannot be used in arena or Rated Battlegrounds
    - Dark Regeneration no longer increases healing done / Fel Armor no longer increase healing taken.
    - (Affli) Soulburn: Soul Swap removed.
    - Fear now cost Soul Shard / Burning Ember / Demonic Fury
    - Dots now cost 100% more mana.
    - Each time Unstable Afflication deals damage the caster gains 2% of maximum mana.
    - Spell Lock now have a 40 sec cooldown
    - Unending Resolve no longer makes the warlock immune to interrupts or silences



    This is my understanding how these 2 classes would be like.
    I just took 2 random caster classes so I have no grudge against either one.

    If you want to know my class, I play a MM Hunter so its not a I play a shadow buff me thread.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Sorgath/simple <----- This is my main


    Do you think shadow priest are in need of a buff?

  2. #2
    Legendary! Treelife's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    England
    Posts
    6,525
    "- Fear now cost Soul Shard / Burning Ember / Demonic Fury"

    Could do with this happening, I literally got up and grabbed my drink or something from across the room during an arena game a few days ago and was feared the full duration. The amount of CC a lock has is just sickening, especially vs melee with the fear buff and the fact that fear most of the time makes you run in a random direction making the CC effectively longer than the duration (gotten out of combat and mounted up to run back into combat before, many times). Auto-cast pet actually pisses me off so much that I just go and kill it and ignore any sort of tactic that was originally decided upon.


    So anyway rant over, back on-topic:
    Umm, can't really reply about the two classes you mentioned as they're just derpy anyway. Other classes do require setup or some form of resource to CC though. But Spriests do need some love, they seem to be like Warriors when they go from OP to shit, except most of the time they're the latter - unlike Warriors.
    Last edited by Treelife; 2014-01-30 at 01:56 PM.

  3. #3
    I think it would be quite funny if any class would get all thses nerfs in the same patch.
    imagine the screams and tears.

    I know i would cry my eyes out if even half of these came to my hunter and I know im op at the moment

  4. #4
    Legendary! Treelife's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    England
    Posts
    6,525
    Quote Originally Posted by SetoD View Post
    I think it would be quite funny if any class would get all thses nerfs in the same patch.
    imagine the screams and tears.

    I know i would cry my eyes out if even half of these came to my hunter and I know im op at the moment
    Only a few things that annoys me about Hunters:
    In WPvP they can CC > FD and fly away at any point if they look like they might lose. The fact they can, whilst in Camo, Flare and be in said Camo. Besides wasting something like CloS as a Rogue you can't open on them unless you're another Hunter.. It's just silly. Oh and Deterrence, just accept your death stop making me wait. >.<
    Last edited by Treelife; 2014-01-30 at 02:09 PM.

  5. #5
    I play 2v2 with a resto drood and its usuly 2v1!

    We start with scatter -> Trap -> pet sleep -> Silence -> Mighty bash -> cyclone x3 -> Root

    Rotate this and its a win win

  6. #6
    High Overlord kardacz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    152
    We start with scatter -> Trap -> pet sleep -> Silence -> Mighty bash -> cyclone x3 -> Root
    It'd be easily fixable by putting some of those of the same DR.

    Funny read, really amusing It just shows how wierd shadow priests design really is. Fingers crossed for WoD.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by kardacz View Post
    Funny read, really amusing It just shows how wierd shadow priests design really is. Fingers crossed for WoD.
    That was my point exactly!

    What if every class got these kinds of nerfs?
    I dont have enough insight in the other classes (tbh i had to look up the abilitys of the mage and warlock class too xD lol )

    Is there anyone that could do the list for some more classes?

  8. #8
    Scarab Lord Thelxi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    4,755
    They'd also have a very smooth and relaxed rotation.

  9. #9
    The Patient MackMaynee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Arena Junkies
    Posts
    238
    I am almost 2300 on my s-priest, they are fine. Lots of fun actually, they just need to give us a cooldown and we will be fine (DA)

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by MackMaynee View Post
    I am almost 2300 on my s-priest, they are fine. Lots of fun actually, they just need to give us a cooldown and we will be fine (DA)
    im 2000 on my hunter and i have seen maybe like 1 shadow priest the last 2 weeks in 3v3 and me and my rogue blew him up like nothing.
    So yes they are in desperat need of some def cds and mobility

    Someone might be able to make them work but no they are NOT fine.
    They are to relient on peels.

    Think like this:

    If you could bring another class that do more dmg, have better survival and utility why would you ever take a shadow?

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by SetoD View Post
    MAGE!
    - Each time Mage Bombs deals damage the caster gains (2% Living bomb / 1% Neather tempest / 6% Frost bomb) of Maximum mana.
    Lold. We've got some hilariously outdated caster mechanics, and probably are the last caster dps with the ability to go Oom while attacking single target. But hey we've got more armor now. Which doesn't really help us much when a majority of all damage taken is elemental or ignores armor.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Calamari View Post
    Lold. We've got some hilariously outdated caster mechanics, and probably are the last caster dps with the ability to go Oom while attacking single target. But hey we've got more armor now. Which doesn't really help us much when a majority of all damage taken is elemental or ignores armor.
    Idd psyical dmg is non existent in pvp due to armor ignoring abilities or magic dmg

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by SetoD View Post
    Think like this:

    If you could bring another class that do more dmg, have better survival and utility why would you ever take a shadow?
    Very valid statement

    Stream: twitch.tv/DryeLuLZ
    Twitter: @Dryelulz

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Drye View Post
    Very valid statement
    The Problem is that almost any other class can do what a shadow can but with much less effort put in and every other spec will do as good as a shadow but ALSO excell in a specific area

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by SetoD View Post
    The Problem is that almost any other class can do what a shadow can but with much less effort put in and every other spec will do as good as a shadow but ALSO excell in a specific area
    Preaching to the choir.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by SetoD View Post
    If you want to know my class, I play a MM Hunter so its not a I play a shadow buff me thread.
    [Sorgath on Stormreaver.... Wish I was allowed to post links] <----- This is my main
    That is NOT your main.

    1- You have the Brutally Dedicated achievement but only 144 matches won on that toon.
    2- You have the 2200 achievement in 2v2, but the highest rating your hunter has reached is 1610.
    3- You have 1750 High-5 but have never played a single 5s match on that toon.
    4- You have zero PvE progress on that toon, yet have all the Complete the SoO achievements.

    Not trying to slam you, but as Dierdre said, you really are preaching to the choir here; so why the need for any deception?

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Romney View Post
    That is NOT your main.

    1- You have the Brutally Dedicated achievement but only 144 matches won on that toon.
    2- You have the 2200 achievement in 2v2, but the highest rating your hunter has reached is 1610.
    3- You have 1750 High-5 but have never played a single 5s match on that toon.
    4- You have zero PvE progress on that toon, yet have all the Complete the SoO achievements.

    Not trying to slam you, but as Dierdre said, you really are preaching to the choir here; so why the need for any deception?
    Maybe a main change? I can tell you I haven't been playing the same character as my main since I first leveled my mage.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by SetoD View Post
    im 2000 on my hunter and i have seen maybe like 1 shadow priest the last 2 weeks in 3v3 and me and my rogue blew him up like nothing.
    So yes they are in desperat need of some def cds and mobility

    Someone might be able to make them work but no they are NOT fine.
    They are to relient on peels.

    Think like this:

    If you could bring another class that do more dmg, have better survival and utility why would you ever take a shadow?
    So you've seen one shadow priest die in 3v3 in the past 2 weeks, and feel you are qualified to speak of the state of the class/spec as a whole... seems legit.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Romney View Post
    That is NOT your main.

    1- You have the Brutally Dedicated achievement but only 144 matches won on that toon.
    2- You have the 2200 achievement in 2v2, but the highest rating your hunter has reached is 1610.
    3- You have 1750 High-5 but have never played a single 5s match on that toon.
    4- You have zero PvE progress on that toon, yet have all the Complete the SoO achievements.

    Not trying to slam you, but as Dierdre said, you really are preaching to the choir here; so why the need for any deception?
    Look at the first post. Its a wall of text QQing about SP nerfs, from a guy claiming he plays a hunter. Couldn't have been more obvious if he tried, IMO.
    If I could bottle all the whine on these forums, I could go into business for myself.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    So you've seen one shadow priest die in 3v3 in the past 2 weeks, and feel you are qualified to speak of the state of the class/spec as a whole... seems legit.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Look at the first post. Its a wall of text QQing about SP nerfs, from a guy claiming he plays a hunter. Couldn't have been more obvious if he tried, IMO.
    Thus your point being? Are you implying that a spec not being able to use, say, its level 87 tallent is a good thing?
    Furthermore would you imply that Shadow as a whole is fine in arena? Cause from my own experience - it aint.

  20. #20
    Nice, I laughed (through tears).
    You forgot about warlock's passive mitigation in form of a pact which transfers 20% of received damage to his demon. Because lol "passive mitigation is so noskill and should be removed" (c) GC.
    I had high hopes for WoD, now I just don't care.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •